Notifications
Clear all

Fading Red Marks Left Over After Your Acne Has Been Treated

MemberMember
(@lukec304)

Posted : 08/16/2013 10:54 am

I've been on accutane for 60 days now and I've stopped breaking out, I just have like 3 more pimples to get rid of, but the problem is I have red marks on my face from where I had acne there for months. You can't even feel them, they're like burnt into the skin, how do I fade these? Is there any products I can use on my face while I'm taking accutane to start fading them? PLEASE HELP

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/16/2013 4:02 pm

to fade them it does take time. But to make sure they wont get any darker make sure you dont get a sunburn! im serious... wear at least spf 30+ everyday. Im sorry im not of much help...

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/16/2013 11:06 pm

Everyone says Dans AHA works wonders but you can't use it till you're done accutane.

MemberMember
(@abstractfactory)

Posted : 08/17/2013 3:22 pm

Apple Cider Vinegar twice a day applied with a cotton bud. Cheap, but effective in my opinion.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/17/2013 5:33 pm

I've moved this topic to the Scars and Red Marks Thread

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/18/2013 3:58 pm

After you complete your accutane course use Differin cream 0.1% (Adapalene) this will help fade your hyperpigmentation and becuase you are on accutane I think your skin has adapted to retinoids so Differin wont do any major irriations <3

Lukec304 liked
MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 08/18/2013 10:09 pm

Apple Cider Vinegar diluted 50/50 ACV/Water and then upping it 70/30 after your skin is accustomed to it works wonders. But it took a little over 1 month for me to notice any effects. After 3 months of using it I noticed quite the improvement. (You may hear 3 months and think that's a long time but in the past I have left PIH untreated and it took 1 - 2 years for it go away by itself)

I too have researched this forum and heard DAN's AHA+ is a great product for red marks. I purchased a bottle 2 weeks ago and giving that a trial run