Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LovetheLife

Took Keflex For Infected Pimple

Hey,

so five days ago I woke up to find the area around my lip swollen, and a tiny bump near my lip that really hurt. As the day progressed, the bump seemed to get bigger, and the swelling was really noticeable. The next day it seemed to come to a head, so I tried popping it. It became really infected and more swollen, so the next morning I went to the clinic and they prescribed me keflex (cephalexin) antibiotics.

By this time a scab had formed. I have been on keflex for three days, and the swelling has gone down a little. The scab fell off this morning and now there's this giant cyst that remains. it doesn't hurt as much and there's only a little swelling, and the surface is healed- but I still have this large bump.

Has anyone had any experience with this? If i stay on the course of antibiotics will the cyst go down? I have extremely sensitive skin and I've had pimples that will be here for months, and not until I pop them does it really go away.

Trying to have faith that it will get better, but it looks terrible and I am worried.

Any help would be great.

Edited by LovetheLife