Notifications
Clear all

1 Week Accutane Question

MemberMember
(@accutanetrip)

Posted : 08/16/2013 5:40 am

its my first time here on the website so let me introduce my self:)

i have been suffering from acne from age 12 or so can't remember at one point my acne was controllable using benzoyl peroxide but it always gave my skin the redness look today im 18 and still suffering so here i am using accutane to treat my mild-moderate acne

i am using 30mg a day and i weight 70kg

Week 1:

back pains? i don't know if it was the accutane or its the over working (been working alot like 12 hours a day)

so i want to know can accutane cause back bain or joints before the dry lips or what?

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/16/2013 9:12 am

I don't see why not. It affects everyone differently. I've had the dry skin/lips but no joint pains and i'm somewhere around ~50 days in to my course.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/16/2013 10:40 am

Yes it can cause back pain. My first course I had some lower back pain but it went away within a few days.

MemberMember
(@accutanetrip)

Posted : 08/16/2013 10:47 am

Thx for replying guys anyhow I quitted accutane for couple a days and back pain still there I guess it's just from working out now I'm back I hope I will finish up my course

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/16/2013 11:12 am

Its a side effect from Accutane.

MemberMember
(@gab4)

Posted : 08/17/2013 11:46 am

I am 30mg a day and i'm only 50kg ? My doctor said it was a low dose

MemberMember
(@everythingthatshimmers)

Posted : 08/17/2013 1:24 pm

It is likely a side effect from the Accutane. Joint pain in not uncommon and because Accutane stays in your system for a long time after you stop taking it, you can still have the aches and pains even though you may not be taking the medicine anymore. For most people, it seems the joint pain eventually goes away but some people report long-term pain and even joint damage from this drug so make sure you familiarize yourself with the side effects and communicate any concerns with your dermatologist. I personally just finished up my Accutane course and I had joint/bone pain for about two months of my course but then it went away. Good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@accutanetrip)

Posted : 08/17/2013 1:40 pm

I'm really worried about my workouts I've been working out for 2 years now ima into fitness and not gonna mess my body over acne I probably could control:)

So can accutane make me lose my fitness and make me stop working out?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/17/2013 2:52 pm

I work out 4-5 times a week and Accutane has never stopped me. Some day I may feel a bit more tired or sore but I push on. Every affected me.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/17/2013 5:40 pm

Yes it often does cause lower back pain. I had the back pain for 8 months during my accutane course. My course was 7 months long and the back pain finally went away a month after my course.

If your back pain gets worse or you start to get joint pains I recommend telling your dermatologist and seeing if your dose should be lowered or you should cut back so you can avoid long term pains.