Notifications
Clear all

Face Is Darker Than Neck?

MemberMember
(@sopranos101)

Posted : 08/15/2013 6:13 pm

Over the summer, my face has become darker and redder than my neck. I DO use a moisturizer with SPF 20 every day. Not only does the redness make my acne look worse, but it's pretty noticeable, and is hard to match a foundation to it. I usually dont wear makeup, but occasionally like to, and its practically impossible to match. Does anyone have any tips to get rid of this or how to match a foundation? Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/16/2013 12:39 am

do u use any acne medication or topical etc?

if yes,then it makes ur skin(face) photosensitive.

so u need a minimum of spf 30 applied generously.

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 08/17/2013 12:43 am

my face and forearms are darker than my whole body lol

MemberMember
(@living06)

Posted : 08/17/2013 1:18 am

You're suppose to match your foundation to your chest. SPF 20 is low.I use SPF 100 and I never have to worry about getting darker.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/17/2013 1:27 am

the part open(unclothed) is anyway likely to be quite darker.

thats not uncommon. like the face/neck, hands, feet/lower & inner part of the limbs etc.

my neck is slighly pigmented/darker over all (not from acne. and i dnt think its from the sun as well).sometimes its genetics i suppose.

am unsure.

the slight darker colour starts from the lower part of my face(jawline) and extends upto my neck.

u dnt need spf 100 to protect yourself.

spf 30 is enough.

read acne.org's suncreen page for detailed information.

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 08/17/2013 3:38 am

My face is darker than my neck too, especially around my chin where I have redness/PIH. My neck is also more yellow toned so there's a pretty big difference haha. I usually try to match my foundation to my neck.