Exfoliating While O...

Notifications
Clear all

Exfoliating While On The Regimen!

MemberMember
(@diamondlife)

Posted : 08/15/2013 4:31 pm

can you exfoliate while on the regimen? I seen a video for a homemade exfoliator on youtube that included sugar, some warm water, and drops if vitamin E!

MemberMember
(@jad33s)

Posted : 08/15/2013 6:50 pm

I was wondering this also. I'd kill for a good scrub of my face baha :)

MemberMember
(@diamondlife)

Posted : 08/15/2013 7:00 pm

haha yes! i feel i need to exfoliate my skin, but the last time i used my scrub it made me break out pretty bad becasue it has salicylic acid.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/15/2013 7:35 pm

I've never found a scrub / exfoliator that doesn't break me out! Including homemade ones with sugar or salt - they're too harsh / rough / sharp for my skin.

A couple of times while on the regimen I've used a face towel to really gently exfoliate after cleansing at night and this has worked well enough for me. Not great though. But helps with the flakes a bit (though you know what it's like, trying to remove flakes is an endless process and you can just end up disturbing / creating more flakes if that makes sense) and it doesn't seem to break me out.

You can also use jojoba oil to exfoliate which might be a better idea because it's probably more gentle and creating less irritation than the face towel (even though I'm gentle with it) - so try the jojoba oil exfoliation method first! I think I'll go back to trying this one too actually...

You take a fair amount of jojoba oil and put this all over your skin, let it sit for a couple minutes and then start gently rubbing your face in circles and it should start removing flakes - then cleanse face as normal.

AHA is supposed to be good for flakes too.

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 08/16/2013 11:52 am

I knw this may cause a lot of irritation but I use packing tape to pull all the yucky skin off and it works better than any stupid dermabrasion I have ever tried. Just be gentle. I get a few zits here and there but because of harmons I think. I also use baking soda and water and do scrub it and I don't seem tot break out because of that Ive been on regimen for 7 mo!

MemberMember
(@missalexcee)

Posted : 08/17/2013 8:37 pm

I scrubbed m face & broke out BAD! Learned my lesson...,

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/18/2013 8:38 pm

I've never had an issue exfoliating even on the regimen. I use the St. Ives Apricot scrub. I do it twice a week on the mornings after I have a full face of AHA at night. I feel like it really helps get rid of any BP and dead skin cell build up. I do it very gently and no more than a minute. After the scrub, I then wash my face with my cleanser to get rid of any left over scrub bits and wash of the salacylic acid so it isn't too drying.

MemberMember
(@midwestgirlinthecity)

Posted : 08/20/2013 8:06 am

I have been using the jojoba exfoliating method followed by the Acne.org cleanser. You put about a teaspoon of oil on your face, massage lightly for a few minutes, leave the oil on like a mask for about 10 minutes, and then cleanse as normal (10 seconds). The oil and friction lift the flakes you may have, but it is super gentle. I do this a couple of times a week in the morning because I don't have any makeup on and it leaves a smooth surface for my makeup. It has worked wonders on the flakes.

I also use the AHA+ every night after my BP. I use about 1 pump of AHA+, let it absorb for 15 minutes, then use 1 pump of the Acne.org moisturizer + 10 drops of jojoba oil.

Don't use a scrub, it can tear the skin and invite in more bacteria. The nice thing about the AHA+ and jojoba oil is that they draw more moisture into the skin.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/22/2013 9:32 am

USE JOJOBA. Seriously. It won't make you break out, and it'll remove your flakes when you exfoliate. And, as others above have stated, AHA will get rid of flakes. There's no reason to add an extra variable into the Regimen, and although it might work, why take the risk?

Lilly75 liked