Notifications
Clear all

Battle Against Acne Diary

MemberMember
(@melodicvat)

Posted : 08/15/2013 1:03 am

After suffering with acne for more than 5 years, I am frustrated with what works and what doesn't. I've noticed that at some points in time, my acne was nearly non-existent but sometimes, it would just come back. I don't know exactly what habit it is I change during my daily routine that causes my acne to sometimes nearly disappear but sometimes come back horribly so I've decided to keep track of everything that can affect acne. In these logs, I will write down changes to my Acne Regimen, major changes in diet, and other factors that may affect acne that I deem worthy writing down.

Acne Regimen v1.0:

• I use the face cleanser by Alba Botanica.
  • I used to use a toner from the same acne series by Alba Botanica, but after about a months use, I've stopped. I've switched to Hydrogen Peroxide as a toner and will be using it as a toner for this log. Reason being that - well for one, it's cheap, and it seems like it'll do the trick according to many people.
  • I use an Aloe Vera gel lotion as my moisturizer.

Acne Regimen v1.1:

• V1.0
  • Fish Oil Pill (x1 a day)
  • Multi-vitamin (x1 a day)

Regimen v1.2:

• Regimen V1.1
  • Additional 500-700mL of water to my normal drinking habits.
  • Swap out pillow cases every other night. I'll use one side of the pillow for the first night, and flip it the other way for the next night, then swap out the pillow case.

Regimen V1.3:

• Regimen V1.2
  • In my cleansing step, I will follow these steps (Topic by PurpleSky):
MemberMember
(@melodicvat)

Posted : 08/15/2013 9:42 am

Question: Why is it that my acne always seems clearer in the morning, yet at the end of the day, looks so much worse?

MemberMember
(@2muchacne2littletime)

Posted : 08/16/2013 7:57 am

Mine does too! So disheartening. Especially when I wash my face its like wowwwww. Not in a good way.

MemberMember
(@melodicvat)

Posted : 08/17/2013 12:19 am

Mine does too! So disheartening. Especially when I wash my face its like wowwwww. Not in a good way.

Yea, me too! It looks clear in the morning but when I wake up and wash my face, it looks worse too, haha.

Anyone know a possible reason as to why this happens?

Also, not sure if I'm trippin' but I know that Hydrogen Peroxide has a bleaching effect, but can it bleach skin? I feel like my acne scars I have are fading away very very slowly...

MemberMember
(@melodicvat)

Posted : 08/18/2013 12:47 am

10/17/2013

V1.2 used.

• Acne Status: moderate
  • V1.2 used.

• Acne Status: severe
    MemberMember
    (@torquemonster)

Posted : 08/18/2013 3:02 am

Melodicvat,

Is there a reason to date the entries in the future?

Do you really flip-flop back and forth from moderate to severe on a daily basis like that? It doesn't seem possible.

MemberMember
    (@purplesky)

Posted : 08/18/2013 9:40 am

Change your methods. The face washes, the toners and the fish oil won't do anything for acne i'm afraid. Please see my post "Scrub that acne away!"

Until people realize that the majority of people can not treat acne with the usual methods, the acne will remain. It's a harsh truth I learned some time ago.

MemberMember
    (@melodicvat)

Posted : 08/18/2013 10:29 am

Melodicvat,

Is there a reason to date the entries in the future?

Do you really flip-flop back and forth from moderate to severe on a daily basis like that? It doesn't seem possible.

Well this is a diary of daily progression until my acne fully goes away, so yes, I date it daily. And like in the question I posted above, yes, in the morning, the acne seems very unapparent, but at the end of the day, the pimples seem to be "popping" out more. Doesn't mean it's gone in the morning, it's just that the acne seems a lot less apparent.

Change your methods. The face washes, the toners and the fish oil won't do anything for acne i'm afraid. Please see my post "Scrub that acne away!"

Until people realize that the majority of people can not treat acne with the usual methods, the acne will remain. It's a harsh truth I learned some time ago.

I'm read your post and I will be adding this onto my regimen as well. Thanks.

MemberMember
    (@melodicvat)

Posted : 08/18/2013 1:46 pm

THIS POST IS TO JUST CLEAN UP. FIRST POST IS JUST MEANT FOR MY DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF REGIMENS SINCE IT WAS GETTING MESSY.

10/14/2013:

• Regimen V1.0 started.
    • Acne status: severe.
    • After doing a bit of research and finding out that fish oil is beneficial not only for health but for acne, I will start adding a fish oil pill to my diet, as well as a multi-vitamin.

10/15/2013:

MORNING:

• Regimen V1.1 used.
    • Acne status: moderate

NIGHT:

• Regimen V1.1 used.
    • Acne status: severe.

10/16/2013:

MORNING:

• Regimen V1.1 used.
    • Already knew that drinking abundant amounts of water will be good against acne, but now I'm aiming to drink a bit more. Going to purposely add an extra 500-700 mL a day. Looks like 2200mL - 3500 mL's (~13-15 cups) a day is the average a man should be drinking.
    • Also found out that changing out your pillow cases more often can reduce acne. Makes sense.

NIGHT:

• Regimen V1.2 used.

NOTES:

• Skin around my big cystic acne seems to be drying up. I think that's a good sign. I think my skin seems to be clearing up a bit now! Went from moderate to moderate instead of the usual moderate to severe. Yay!
    • Swapped out pillow case.
    MemberMember
    (@melodicvat)

Posted : 08/18/2013 2:08 pm

10/18/2013

MORNING:

• Regimen V1.3 used
    • Acne Status: moderate

V1.3 used

• Acne Status: severe*
  • NOTES:

• *Seems that the right side of my face is clearing up real well, but the left side of my face is still pretty bad...
    • Definitely see improvements. I really like the extra cleaning from Regimen V1.3. Makes my face feel so much cleaner. Thanks to use: Purplesky
    • Swapped out my pillowcase.