Purple Cyst On Cent...

Notifications
Clear all

Purple Cyst On Center Of Nose

MemberMember
(@dannyamar)

Posted : 08/14/2013 6:15 pm

So about 3 weeks ago I developed this LARGE cyst on my nose, the diameter was bigger than a pea but it didn't stick out as far. And it was dead center on the bridge of my nose so it was super obvious and embarrassing. I tried heat compresses, Ice cubes, and went to the Steam room at the gym, but it just got larger. (I'm thinking the heat made it more inflamed). Anyways, I had it injected with cortisone, after the first 12 hours it didn't shrink at all, and I've had a injections before on other problem spots and they started working much quicker. (Granted this was a much larger pimple). I decided to carefully pierce the skin with a sterile needle and drain the white pus, as the pimple had developed a very small head. The next morning it shrunk, and by 2 days it was flat and only a very faint dark spot was left, which I assume was dried skin from various products I was using.

A couple days later and the zit started to come back. It wasn't even half the size so I didn't bother to try and have it injected again. However a couple days later and I was accidentally smacked on the nose and the pimple grew larger and now turned purple, like there was blood underneath it or it bruised. So I iced it and it shrunk a little by the next day but now it's been a whole week and it's still there on my nose and purple. It became a little smaller but for the past 3 days I haven't noticed ANY change at all. So that's why I was worried maybe this is hyperpigmentation as a result of the injection or a raised scar or what?

So I was hoping someone could give me advice on what is going on or how to treat the remaining bump/discoloration.

Currently I'm using a Oxy Face wash 10% BP sometimes St Ives Blemish scrub 2.5% SA

ACV 50/50 with water as a toner

Clindamycin Phosphate Gel

Aloe Vera Gel (fruit of the earth)

And am on my first week of tretinoin cream 0.025%

Also randomly spot treat throughout the day with Tea Tree Oil

Sorry for the long post, but if you got through it all and can provide help it'd be much appreciated!

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 08/14/2013 8:34 pm

Currently I'm using a Oxy Face wash 10% BP sometimes St Ives Blemish scrub 2.5% SA

ACV 50/50 with water as a toner

Clindamycin Phosphate Gel

Aloe Vera Gel (fruit of the earth)

And am on my first week of tretinoin cream 0.025%

Also randomly spot treat throughout the day with Tea Tree Oil

Rghiaf! This is absolutely ridiculous. I hope you arent using all of these on a regular basis. Holy shit, your poor face. You treat it like a warzone, you must stop this madness immediatley. bring your self down to one cleanser and one active, and for the love of god donot use that scrub a day further. It never ceases to amaze me how we all come to believe assulting our skin with abrasive material is good for it in some way...

If you choose BP as your active, bring that shit down to 2.5

My two cents.

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 08/14/2013 9:30 pm

I agree. that scrub is way to abrasive and also I used that twice in the past and it never failed to break me out a few weeks after regular use.

a picture will help. Don't give up on icing it if you want to reduce the size even further.

MemberMember
(@dannyamar)

Posted : 08/15/2013 2:18 am

Let me clarify a little, although you guys are still probably right.

Morning:

Wash with Oxy 10% BP wash (General Practitioner recommended 10% BP wash when she gave me Clindamycin, I assumed higher BP helps your skin not build a resistance to the Clindamycin? I dunno...)

ACV diluted with 50% water as a toner

Wait 20-30

Apply Clindamycin Phosphate Gel

wait 20-30

Apply Aloe Vera Gel as moisturizer

Evening:

Wash with Oxy 10% (On days I use Tretinoin 0.025% I use the St Ives Apricot scrub since my Dermatologist told me BP can decrease Tretinoins effectiveness)

ACV diluted with 50% water as a toner

Wait 20-30

Apply Pea Size Tretinoin to entire face and neck (So far I am only using Tretinoin every other day, when I don't use it, I use the Clindamycin)

wait 20-30

Apply Aloe Vera Gel as moisturizer

Somedays I will substitute the BP wash in the morning with St Ives cause I feel like it helps bring acne to a head faster.

And then as I mentioned I will sometimes spot treat the big zits with a Q-tip with Tea Tree oil on it.

You still think this is too much? I was afraid you guys thought I was using Tretinoin ON TOP of the Clindamycin...

I'll try to keep icing the spot on my nose too, I'll hopefully try to upload a picture soon.