Notifications
Clear all

How To Clear Up Picked Skin In 8 Days? Help!

MemberMember
(@vfreak47)

Posted : 08/14/2013 5:55 pm

have a history of picking at pimples/the skin on my face, but my skin has been pretty clear all summer. A pimple and red spot or two, but nothing distracting. Unfortunately, a couple days ago I "relapsed" and picked at/squeezed a lot... and after the damage was done, I kept going. I know, I know, stupid and I am really going to try to kick the habit for good.

I go back to school in 8 days and I am feeling so self conscious about my terrible skin! What can I do to help it heal, and how long will it take? Right now, I am keeping it clean, keeping my fingers away from my face, and putting neosporin on to fight infection and keep it clean. What else can I do? When will it clear up?

Here's a picture I took last night of the damage. It has gotten a bit better with neosporin and rest since I took the pic.

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 08/14/2013 6:07 pm

Neosporin is great for that and make sure to moisturize a lot! Skin that is dry will take longer to heal. Also, try an egg white mask. Egg white masks help to heal skin, tighten pores and make the skin smoother.

MemberMember
(@isaacneedshelp)

Posted : 08/14/2013 8:59 pm

yep same problems i used Neosporin too it help but redness was still their -.-

MemberMember
(@salinas)

Posted : 08/15/2013 7:43 am

go into sun (not too long, like max 20 minutes per day), this will speed up the process, or use a retenoid cream, that increases cell turnover (but you need a prescription for this)

MemberMember
(@vfreak47)

Posted : 08/15/2013 12:42 pm

Thanks guys, I've been following these tips and my skin seems to be doing a fair bit better. It is still moderately red, but the skin that was once broken is now pretty healed, and when I'm sure there's no broken skin, I will exfoliate. Some already came off in the shower and it is looking better.

How much longer til the redness is gone? Anything I should do to speed it up or should I stick to neosporin and moisturizing?

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/15/2013 1:11 pm

Thanks guys, I've been following these tips and my skin seems to be doing a fair bit better. It is still moderately red, but the skin that was once broken is now pretty healed, and when I'm sure there's no broken skin, I will exfoliate. Some already came off in the shower and it is looking better.

How much longer til the redness is gone? Anything I should do to speed it up or should I stick to neosporin and moisturizing?

I'd highly reccomend you dont exfoliate because you'll most likely aggravate the skin and make the redness stand out even more. The best thing to do is be as gentle as you possibly can. smile.png