Switching To Dan...

Notifications
Clear all

Switching To Dan's Bp?

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 08/14/2013 10:30 am

So i used to apply my own products which my derm prescribed me, which is 10% BP only once a day and retin-a 0.1% at night. Im on my 8th week. I ran out of these products so i decided to order Dan's Regimen Kit. My question is should i follow like the staring dosage of it? Or should i just immediately apply treatment twice a day since my skin is used to BP already? Im confused.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/14/2013 12:44 pm

You should probably start the regimen as described initially because you're probably going to be using more BP than you were previously on the 10%. How much BP did you apply to your face when you were using the BP your derm prescribed?

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 08/14/2013 7:46 pm

You should probably start the regimen as described initially because you're probably going to be using more BP than you were previously on the 10%. How much BP did you apply to your face when you were using the BP your derm prescribed?

Not that much, just like an index finger mark per side of the face like cheeks, chin, foreahead and nose. Im on my 8th week and like i thought i was gonna clear up cause i had kinda clear up for 3 days but now i have like 5 huge pimples with yellowish liquid inside :((((( im just waiting for my regimen products to arrive

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/14/2013 7:53 pm

It really depends on what you want to do. If you are going to follow your dems regimen, then only apply the amount they have stated and ignore the regimen instructions. If you are going to follow the regimen, then ignore what the derm has said and follow the regimen instructions. If you go with this option you will need to ditch all the additional products/steps such as applying retin a at night.

My advice would be for you to continue to follow your derms instructions. If you've taken the time and spent the money to see a doctor then the least you can do is respect their advice and give their regimen a good go for 6 months.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck! :)

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 08/14/2013 7:58 pm

It really depends on what you want to do. If you are going to follow your dems regimen, then only apply the amount they have stated and ignore the regimen instructions. If you are going to follow the regimen, then ignore what the derm has said and follow the regimen instructions. If you go with this option you will need to ditch all the additional products/steps such as applying retin a at night.

My advice would be for you to continue to follow your derms instructions. If you've taken the time and spent the money to see a doctor then the least you can do is respect their advice and give their regimen a good go for 6 months.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck! :)

See, i would follow my derm if i didnt move to another country. My derm is like 10,000 miles away hehe and the topical meds that he prescribed for me are running out so i decided to order dan's BP and follow his instructions. Im just not sure if i go directly to 2 full pumps when i start the regimen.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/14/2013 8:23 pm

Pffff whats 10,000 miles? ;)

Ok, well my answer to your question is a definite NO. Even though you've been using BP at 10% it would still be nowhere near the levels that the regimen says for you to use. You could probably start higher than a pea size amount but I would recommend that you still build up slowly. Maybe start with half a pump once a day for a few days, and then half a pump twice per day and build from there.

Make sure you follow all the instructions regarding touching your skin gently and using plenty of moisturiser and definitely drop the retin a.

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 08/14/2013 8:59 pm

Pffff whats 10,000 miles? ;)

Ok, well my answer to your question is a definite NO. Even though you've been using BP at 10% it would still be nowhere near the levels that the regimen says for you to use. You could probably start higher than a pea size amount but I would recommend that you still build up slowly. Maybe start with half a pump once a day for a few days, and then half a pump twice per day and build from there.

Make sure you follow all the instructions regarding touching your skin gently and using plenty of moisturiser and definitely drop the retin a.

Alright. I agree haha thanks. How many weeks did it take for you to stop break out?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/14/2013 9:07 pm

Around 9 week from memory. Have a look through my gallery, I've put plenty of info on my regimen progress in there. :)