Notifications
Clear all

Ahhhh Epiduo!

MemberMember
(@rachuk)

Posted : 08/14/2013 4:50 am

I'm wondering if anyone can help as I can't get a appointment with my doctor!

I have been on epiduo for a week now and applying moisturiser over it... First two nights were fine... I actually thought wow I've finally found something that works!! After two nights my skin has got really dry irritated and sore.. I can't even smile... Feels so stiff! It's all scabby and sore :-(

Should I carry on using it? I would include a pic bit not sure how to do it

Thanks

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/14/2013 5:06 am

How much Epiduo are you applying? You should be using just a very thin layer on the affected area. Also I would strongly advise against applying a moisturiser over the top of the Epiduo as I think it causes added irritation. I always apply the Epiduo on its own at night, wash it off in the morning, and apply Cetaphil moisturiser for during the day. My skin was a little bit red and irritated at first but now after 3 weeks it has settled down a lot and doesn't feel dry in the slightest. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@rachuk)

Posted : 08/14/2013 5:42 am

Thanks moon,

Maybe it is the moisturiser, was a shame as really seemed it was working but my face is so painful and stings whenever I wash it or anything :-(

Ill leave it a few days and re apply without the moisturiser... Does the irritation calm with time or is this is what it will be like all the time whilst in epiduo?

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/14/2013 6:16 am

Thanks moon,

Maybe it is the moisturiser, was a shame as really seemed it was working but my face is so painful and stings whenever I wash it or anything whistling.gif(

Ill leave it a few days and re apply without the moisturiser... Does the irritation calm with time or is this is what it will be like all the time whilst in epiduo?

Good call with leaving it for a few days. Make sure you moisturise plenty in between times. If you have any jojoba oil you could add a few drops of that to the moisturiser and that might help calm your skin down a bit. I think maybe you just started too quickly and your skin's having trouble adjusting. Did you start using it every night? When you start again maybe try every other night for a week or so then ramp it back up to every night. And like I say I always find it better to use the moisturiser in the morning but I'm sure others on here would probably disagree with me.

The irritation should calm with time unless you're really over-sensitive to any of the ingredients. After 3 weeks my skin doesn't even feel slightly dry, it just feels completely normal. I've used 2.5% BP before now so it might be that my skin found it easier to adjust to it because of that but I expect yours will given enough time as well. At this stage it's probably just teething problems so try not to worry too much 🙂

MemberMember
(@rachuk)

Posted : 08/14/2013 9:08 am

Thanks, u did start using it every night. Thanks for your advise I will start using again in a few days without moisturiser and see how things are... I had same reaction to duac too, so I think it's the bp :-(

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/14/2013 9:14 am

Thanks, u did start using it every night. Thanks for your advise I will start using again in a few days without moisturiser and see how things are... I had same reaction to duac too, so I think it's the bp whistling.gif(

Yeh it does sound like a reaction to the BP but don't worry your skin will get used to it if you ease it into it gradually. Make sure you moisturise lots in the mornings though!