Should I Use Witch ...

Notifications
Clear all

Should I Use Witch Hazel?

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/13/2013 11:25 pm

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*

It's non alcoholic. The regimen is currently working for me, but I want to try this stuff out since it has aloe vera which gets rid of scars, at least that's what I've heard.

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 08/14/2013 2:19 am

Witch hazel has saved me more times than i can count. That kind, the one with rose water smells amazing and is very calming. Great for normal and dry skin. I have oily skin so the one with the grain alcohol is better for me. Its TN Dickonsons with the blue label.

Honestly i love all of the different kinds. There is a lavender one as well from thayers and that is very soothing as well.

I know witch hazel isnt for everyone but i love it. When i have cysts, i soak a cotton round and use it like a compress for about ten minutes. Greatly reduces the redness and i feel like it even shortens the lifespan.

Two other things i found for scars and discoloration were plain old organic aloe vera juice (aubrey organics) and rose hip seed oil. Very happy with both of those as well.

Good luck! Hope that helps a little.

One recommendation- spot test first. Months ago, in my quest to go completely organic in face care, it led to several allergic reactions. There's only a few plant/fruit based products that im able to use.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/14/2013 3:15 am

Its fine to start experimenting (with one change at a time) when following the regimen, but only after you've become completely clear and you're fully adjusted to BP. If you are, then I say go for it. No harm in trying right? And if it does irritate your skin and causes you to break out, it will hopefully clear up again quickly.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you. :)

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/14/2013 3:40 am

Its fine to start experimenting (with one change at a time) when following the regimen, but only after you've become completely clear and you're fully adjusted to BP. If you are, then I say go for it. No harm in trying right? And if it does irritate your skin and causes you to break out, it will hopefully clear up again quickly.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you. smile.png

Okay, I'll go ahead and buy it then.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/14/2013 3:50 am

saywhat.gif now I'm nervous...haha.

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/14/2013 4:42 am

saywhat.gif now I'm nervous...haha.

You and me both. eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@jiddir)

Posted : 08/16/2013 9:11 pm

I use 100% witch hazel with the regimine. The regimine alone cleared me up pretty well but once I added witch hazel my skin lost all redness and my acne pretty much went away besides the occassional blemish. However, for me, only the 100% witch hazel works for me. The toners that mixed witch hazel with other ingredients such as aloe vera or vitamin e made my acne worse.

I use the witch hazel right after I was my face. I soak a cotton ball in it and then pat it as gently as possible all over my face. I then let it dry 5-15 minutes and move on to the BP.

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/17/2013 4:33 pm

I use 100% witch hazel with the regimine. The regimine alone cleared me up pretty well but once I added witch hazel my skin lost all redness and my acne pretty much went away besides the occassional blemish. However, for me, only the 100% witch hazel works for me. The toners that mixed witch hazel with other ingredients such as aloe vera or vitamin e made my acne worse.

I use the witch hazel right after I was my face. I soak a cotton ball in it and then pat it as gently as possible all over my face. I then let it dry 5-15 minutes and move on to the BP.

Thanks for the info, now I'm thinking of trying this one:

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*

What do you think? Apparently it has 14% alcohol and I can't find a "100% natural" witch hazel without some in there :\