Notifications
Clear all

Best Treatment For Smaller Keloids

MemberMember
(@bdubz21)

Posted : 08/13/2013 9:37 pm

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have had any luck with treating smaller keloid scars. I have a bunch of smaller white keloids all over my shoulders from when i used to have terrible acne there, and its really annoying and shows up terrible in certain light. I have some bigger keloids on my left shoulder but very few, its mostly all small white skin colored ones. I was thinking maybe trying home dermabrasion, I have a derma roller but dont think that would really help with keloids and i would be rolling all day trying to cover my entire shoulder area. Im not looking for a quick fix or anything remarkable, even like a 25-50% improvement would be awesome. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated

MemberMember
(@anna-di)

Posted : 08/14/2013 7:47 am

I think you might have something called perifollicular elastolysis-very small white coloured lumps that look like keloids because they are elevated. They develop typically on the shoulders and on the back after acne. Are they soft when you touch them,disappear when you run your fingers through them?

MemberMember
(@bdubz21)

Posted : 08/14/2013 6:15 pm

yes they do slightly go away when i run my fingers over them and they dont feel hard. i googled what that was and it does look similar