Notifications
Clear all

Whiteheads All Over My Face

MemberMember
(@itslisa)

Posted : 08/13/2013 7:31 pm

I'm 16 years old and turning 17 next month. I've dealt with acne ever since I started middle school. It got more worst during my sophomore year. I went to the dermatologist a last year and he prescribed me with medication+topical cream. I'm currently taking Sulfamethoxazole/Tmp DS Tablet 2 times daily and occasionally applying Tazorac cream whenever I have a big pimple. As for my daily facial routine, I wash my face in the morning with water and apply Witch Hazel. For nighttime, I use Clarisonic Mia with Tea Tree Facial Wash, apply Witch Hazel then Jojoba Oil. Last summer, I did not want to leave my house because I was self-conscious and depressed. I do not know why my acne hasn't cleared up for years and what I'm doing wrong, I've tried almost everything. I also feel like the tablet I'm taking doesn't help with my acne. I included some photos...sorry if my oily skin grosses you out. The first one is my forehead and the second is my cheek. Please help me.

post-215582-0-85244000-1376440233_thumb.

post-215582-0-23997500-1376440251_thumb.

post-215582-0-85244000-1376440233_thumb.

post-215582-0-23997500-1376440251_thumb.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/13/2013 7:41 pm

You need to be applying the Tazorac over the whole area every night. Not using it just as a spot treatment. Also the Sulfamethoxazole/Tmp DS wont clear that type of acne. It works more for large inflamed acne caused by bacteria. You would also probably see good results using BP morning and night. Your skin really not that bad. My forehead looks similar its just do to the oiliness.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/13/2013 7:42 pm

I dont know exactly what is causing this because im no derm. But i would stop with the witch hazel, clarisonic, tea tree, and jojoba oil. Im serious. Go very simple with skincare because ones skin isnt supposed to be cleaned so harshly. I recommend CeraVe Foaming Cleanser, and after CeraVe Lotion (in the pump). If you must- you can use the CeraVe with the Clarisonic. But really dont add the tea tree, the jojoba, or the hazel. Take it easy.

MemberMember
(@itslisa)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:10 pm

You need to be applying the Tazorac over the whole area every night. Not using it just as a spot treatment. Also the Sulfamethoxazole/Tmp DS wont clear that type of acne. It works more for large inflamed acne caused by bacteria. You would also probably see good results using BP morning and night. Your skin really not that bad. My forehead looks similar its just do to the oiliness.

Though my skin is oily it's also sensitive and won't be able to handle that much if I were to apply it all over my face. As for the tablet, thank you, I'll stop taking it.

I dont know exactly what is causing this because im no derm. But i would stop with the witch hazel, clarisonic, tea tree, and jojoba oil. Im serious. Go very simple with skincare because ones skin isnt supposed to be cleaned so harshly. I recommend CeraVe Foaming Cleanser, and after CeraVe Lotion (in the pump). If you must- you can use the CeraVe with the Clarisonic. But really dont add the tea tree, the jojoba, or the hazel. Take it easy.

Alright, I'll take your suggestion into consideration but is the cleanser similiar to Cetaphil? Because the last time I used Cetaphil with my Clarisonic, it didn't leave my skin feeling clean at all..

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:26 pm

No i cant use cetaphil either because it doesnt clean my skin! trust me CeraVe foaming cleanser is completely different. If you do end up getting it- wet your face with tepid warm water and put about a pump in your palm and gently massage into your face till it foams. It really is a wonderful cleanser. im on accutane now for my moderate rosacea(sensitve) skin and this does wonders. Anyways after you wash your face and apply mouistr after it seeps in then apply whatever topicals after but make sure to use literally a pea size for your face. I know using more sounds like it would do better but when you dry out your face too much it does the exact opposite. But anyways try this out for more than 3 weeks to a month. And keep with it. And comment back on this because i really want to know how it goes :) good luck.

MemberMember
(@itslisa)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:33 pm

No i cant use cetaphil either because it doesnt clean my skin! trust me CeraVe foaming cleanser is completely different. If you do end up getting it- wet your face with tepid warm water and put about a pump in your palm and gently massage into your face till it foams. It really is a wonderful cleanser. im on accutane now for my moderate rosacea(sensitve) skin and this does wonders. Anyways after you wash your face and apply mouistr after it seeps in then apply whatever topicals after but make sure to use literally a pea size for your face. I know using more sounds like it would do better but when you dry out your face too much it does the exact opposite. But anyways try this out for more than 3 weeks to a month. And keep with it. And comment back on this because i really want to know how it goes smile.png good luck.

Thank you for the helpful tip! I'll try it out later this month.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/14/2013 12:46 am

i dont think these are simple 'whiteheads' which are ideally classified non-inflamed.

these are inflamed with red bases but the size confuses us.

i get the same stuff now & then.

what are the treatments u have tried so far?

how's ur diet & lifestyle(sleep,stress)?

what topicals or washes do u use?

MemberMember
(@itslisa)

Posted : 08/14/2013 11:14 pm

i dont think these are simple 'whiteheads' which are ideally classified non-inflamed.

these are inflamed with red bases but the size confuses us.

i get the same stuff now & then.

what are the treatments u have tried so far?

how's ur diet & lifestyle(sleep,stress)?

what topicals or washes do u use?

Hmm.. well I stated all of the topicals/washes I use and treatment. I've been sleeping late this summer at 3am and don't wake up until 12pm wacko.png I thought it doesn't matter as long as I get enough hours of sleep.

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 4:44 pm

Differin in the night and Duac in the morning or your Tazorac. Tazorac is also good but the problem is that it might be too irritating on your skin when you are going to use Duac in the morning.There is a studie that showed if you apply a topical retinoid , BP and Clindamycin( the Antibiotic in Duac) will penetrate better into the skin cuasing better results and more effective treatment. And all your other hazel nut stuff and jojoba oil stuff stopp using it. Use what I said and a good moisturizer that is oil free. You might experiance some initialbreak out but it will go over and you will have clear skin in some month I hope.