Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kids.

Today I was helping my beautiful clear faced friend babysit a whole bunch of children, none over the age of 10. There was about 7-8 of them, and I had forgot to wear makeup this morning so my acne was bare. It was really bad today, and my breakouts are terrible. Anyway, my first comment came from a little girl.

She was acting terrified of me and asked me what happened to my face. I laughed it off and didn't answer, but just 10 minutes later a kid points to my face and asks what's on it. I did the same and ignored it.

The kids had huddled together and started whispering about me, calling me "The Disease" and they made a game that if they went near me they were infected and drew dots all over their face with red marker.

I was mortified but I couldn't leave my friend. I just got home and I can't stop crying lol. I know they're kids and all... but still. We all know kids are just immature, honest versions of adults.

Do any of you have experiences with kids and acne?

I had a friends little girl ask me what the red dots on my face were before lol. As much as one tries not to let it bother them because its just a child, it still hurts.

Honesty is the best policy. I have two kids who have both asked me at some time "why is your skin like that?". A simple, " Some people have freckles or moles, I get spots. Now, let's do......" is enough to answer the question. Proud to say because of this, my kids don't judge poor stare at anyone with a obvious physical disability, birthmark, scar etc.

Kids believe anything. Instead of calling it a disease, you shoulda said something unrealistic, that would get it off topic or something. Although, this would be a entirely different story when it comes to 15+ years old kids I suppose.

" asked me what happened to my face. "

I would have answered "fucking puberty kid. I hope you don't have to deal with this shit yourself in 5 years."

Yea I have always been a very blunt kind of guy. I don't beat around the bush with my answers.

Edited by jjn