Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer/sunscreen Combo For Oily Skin?

MemberMember
(@ghosthater)

Posted : 08/13/2013 2:06 pm

Anyone know of a good SPF Moisturizer I can use in the morning that is made for oily skin?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/13/2013 2:19 pm

I got some samples not too long ago from Paula's Choice and one of them was a 'matte day moisturiser' which I think was SPF 15. At first I wasn't too sure when I applied it, but I was really surprised at how it kept my skin mattified all day long and it didn't leave any residue at all. I haven't got around to purchasing the full product yet because her products can be a little expensive.

Don't fall for 'oil-free' acne products. It's just a buzzword that they like to use in promotion and they're often just as greasy as any other moisturiser.

MemberMember
(@ghosthater)

Posted : 08/13/2013 2:23 pm

I got some samples not too long ago from Paula's Choice and one of them was a 'matte day moisturiser' which I think was SPF 15. At first I wasn't too sure when I applied it, but I was really surprised at how it kept my skin mattified all day long and it didn't leave any residue at all. I haven't got around to purchasing the full product yet because her products can be a little expensive.

Don't fall for 'oil-free' acne products. It's just a buzzword that they like to use in promotion and they're often just as greasy as any other moisturiser.

My skin is super oily, either due to the Clidamycin lotion I was prescribed or some of the products I've been using. I'm looking for all non-comedogenic products that are specific to oily skin.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/13/2013 2:33 pm

Paula's Choice stuff is all non-comedogenic and if you want 'oil-free'. You could always order some samples from there. Neutrogena do some nice sunscreens too. They have an 'ultra-sheer' range and a 'clear face' liquid spf.

MemberMember
(@ghosthater)

Posted : 08/13/2013 2:49 pm

This one looked interesting:

http://www.olay.com/skin-care-products/complete/Olay-Complete-all-day-UV-moisturizer-combination-oily?pid=07560900034

Dan recommends the sensitive version of this. I think I'll try this combination-oily version. Wondering if I should add jojoba oil...

MemberMember
(@ghosthater)

Posted : 08/16/2013 7:40 am

Are gel moisturizers better than lotion moisturizers for oily skin?