Notifications
Clear all

Losing Hope.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:33 am

God I try so friggin' hard to keep myself from thinking about my skin and looking at it to "see" if its as worse as I believe it is or if it has gotten a little bit better. My skin has worsened over the past few weeks and Im at my wits end. I think I got sunburnt when we had really hot weather and although my skin looked amazing initially with the sun, it has now turned into a right mess.

I bought a cleanser and usually I only wash with water, its a gentle one apparently from Avene but it makes me red for about half an hour after using it. Im just sick of all these ugly ugly bumps, like a bunch of about 100 tiny pimples some are inflamed some are non-inflamed whiteheads that just stay there. Its mainly situated on my forehead but to be honest its fucking all over my face..........and its worse when I sweat!!

Im just tired now. I hate fighting and TRYING to keep a brave face on. I start college again in a couple weeks and honestly Im really not in the mood to see new people looking like this. I hate it hate it hate it. Its so unattractive. I keep thinking Id rather have normal "hormonal acne" instead of this "comedonal" kind of random bunch of spots. God!

Im sorry I had to vent but no-one else in my life understands how I feel...especially my mother. She keeps telling me to not think about it blah lah, your beautiful blah blah...its not as easy as that.

MemberMember
(@godlovesme)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:48 am

I'm sorry you're going through this, it sucks big time. I'm in a similar situation about to start college (but for the first time). My acne was pretty severe in the beginning of the summer with lots of cysts and everything else in between. Right now I have 2 cysts (both healing nicely) and about 3 whiteheads. Needless to say I've improved. I suggest you stop damaging your skin with tea tree oil, if it's as sensitive as you say it is by it getting red with a face wash then tto will only burn it. Same with the bha and azelaic acid. You need to heal your skin with VERY gentle products not these harsh exfoliants. Trust me I tried them all to no avail and when I finally hydrated my skin it started to improve. For the past month I've been using Grape Seed Oil diligently day and night. Apart from that I have been using the Whole foods' version of Cetaphil every once in a while. That's it.

It doesn't break me out, my skin is not too oily and not dry at all. It's normally hydrated. My hyperpigmentation has improved my about 40% and I'd say 90% of my acne has gone away, and that's only in one month. I just buy the regular kind in the cooking section. It's been a life-saver. To tell you the truth, oils have never cleared my skin like this but they don't usually break me out, so you might want to start slow if you do. I remember seeing people talk about this oil a few years ago and never gave it a try, and do I regret it! Maybe this is your chance to try it and it will work! You have to be positive, that's where the healing begins smile.png Don't worry about meeting new people in college, as long as you find the confidence in yourself to ignore what's on your face there is nothing stopping you. EVERYONE suffers from a flaw they hate, some not as obvious but nonetheless there, and if you believe that people are genuinely nice and want to make friends you will stop worrying about yourself.

God bless you, wish you only the best.

MemberMember
(@starbright1810)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:52 am

Sending you lots of hugs. You don't say whether you are seeing your doctor/dermatologist, if you are go back and explain how you are feeling. Best thing I did as a teen was get a part time job, I'm not gonna lie going out and interacting with the public was really hard as I thought everyone was staring at my skin. But eventually, it gave me the confidence not to think about my skin so much.

I'm sure your mom means well. Unless she had acne too, I guess she doesn't really know how to help. Hope you feel better soon x

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 08/13/2013 2:21 pm

I'm sorry you're going through this, it sucks big time. I'm in a similar situation about to start college (but for the first time). My acne was pretty severe in the beginning of the summer with lots of cysts and everything else in between. Right now I have 2 cysts (both healing nicely) and about 3 whiteheads. Needless to say I've improved. I suggest you stop damaging your skin with tea tree oil, if it's as sensitive as you say it is by it getting red with a face wash then tto will only burn it. Same with the bha and azelaic acid. You need to heal your skin with VERY gentle products not these harsh exfoliants. Trust me I tried them all to no avail and when I finally hydrated my skin it started to improve. For the past month I've been using Grape Seed Oil diligently day and night. Apart from that I have been using the Whole foods' version of Cetaphil every once in a while. That's it.

It doesn't break me out, my skin is not too oily and not dry at all. It's normally hydrated. My hyperpigmentation has improved my about 40% and I'd say 90% of my acne has gone away, and that's only in one month. I just buy the regular kind in the cooking section. It's been a life-saver. To tell you the truth, oils have never cleared my skin like this but they don't usually break me out, so you might want to start slow if you do. I remember seeing people talk about this oil a few years ago and never gave it a try, and do I regret it! Maybe this is your chance to try it and it will work! You have to be positive, that's where the healing begins smile.png Don't worry about meeting new people in college, as long as you find the confidence in yourself to ignore what's on your face there is nothing stopping you. EVERYONE suffers from a flaw they hate, some not as obvious but nonetheless there, and if you believe that people are genuinely nice and want to make friends you will stop worrying about yourself.

God bless you, wish you only the best.

Hey I'm so glad your skin is doing well. That grapeseed oil sounds promising. I've tried jojoba, olive, coconut and argon oil but they made me congested like crazy and broke me out. Thankyou for your advice, you know I've heard of the skin becoming dried out with products..TTO is the only spot treatment that really works for me and I've not tried benzoyl peroxide as of yet though, not since I was a teen anyway.

I've researched alot about comedonal acne and apparently salicylic acid is one of the best things for it to unclog your pores..I recently switched to the gel though so this could be causing problems...I just felt the lotion want really penetrating into my skin enough. I've actually decided to get an appointment with an aestheticion for next week to have a look and see if facials may help.

I hate feeling like this..it's shit. I'd even consider Accutane but fear it would make things worse. I shall try my best to let my awesome personality shine through my flaws 🙂 I hope you do too! I love your name "Godlovesme", you know I actually have this daily mantra I say to myself everyday which is "Life loves Me". I have so much faith in life but I wish I had it in myself and could just KNOW that one day I'll be rid of these spots 🙁 What are you studying at college?

Sending you lots of hugs. You don't say whether you are seeing your doctor/dermatologist, if you are go back and explain how you are feeling. Best thing I did as a teen was get a part time job, I'm not gonna lie going out and interacting with the public was really hard as I thought everyone was staring at my skin. But eventually, it gave me the confidence not to think about my skin so much.

I'm sure your mom means well. Unless she had acne too, I guess she doesn't really know how to help. Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks starbright. I have never been to a Derm and have lost faith in doctor's..it seems they just want to give me anti-biotics all the time. I know what you mean about working with the public gives you a bit of confidence, I was the same when I used to do voluntary work.

I hope I feel better soon too :/ I just feel horrible and ugly when I look in the mirror..it's not nice. I feel it's "waste" sometimes of a body..I feel I could have the potential to be attractive and use good make-up but I have to many fears of clogging up my friggin' pores so I never wear any. I'm just low at the moment and all I want is to be blemish free and free of this awful bumpy skin.

MemberMember
(@godlovesme)

Posted : 08/13/2013 9:34 pm

Thanks! smile.png I have tried olive, coconut, argan and emu and none of them did anything, except coconut which broke me out in whiteheads. I'm glad TTO works for you, it has never done anything for me. I don't advise you to start using bp unless you're super desperate (actually, the walmart brand of proactiv kept me clear for like 2 weeks). It has just damaged my skin in the long run. You might actually want to try a quality salicylic acid peel then! If most of your acne is comedonal then exfoliation is key.

Trust me I've felt like that for years now, and even though I'm not 100% clear it's so good to get a break. Don't consider accutane, it's way too dangerous, you may not get any side effect now but who knows in the future. Thanks, I chose the name Godlovesme for the same reason, because I never forget it when I look at it. When we go through these things it's really easy to forget that sometimes it's just a stepping stone (a big one!) in one of God's great plans. Don't let acne rule these years of your life that will never be yours again, remember that God has made you beautiful and even though you may not see it now, He does and if you continue to be faithful your skin will reflect that too one day.

I'm studying to be a doctor, not too such what specialty yet! What about you? What year are you in?

Thanks for your encouragement, I needed it too! smile.png