Quick Question Abou...

Notifications
Clear all

Quick Question About Aha

MemberMember
(@theatrekid)

Posted : 08/13/2013 4:40 am

i have the pump 16oz version of the Aha. I don't really know how much is good for my face since Dan says a thin line but i cant make a thin line with a pump. So i just use half a pump of Aha with a full pump of Dans moisturizer. is half a pump okay and should i use 2 pumps of Ds moisturizer but i feel it would dilute it too much. So far my face is reacting the way its expected.Its turning red and burns after application which i know is normal. Thoughts?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/13/2013 5:35 am

The AHA shouldn't dilute if you mix it with the moisturiser, it's still there, but it will just blend in with the moisturiser. I use a dime sized amount and just dab my finger in and apply it to each area separately.

My face doesn't sting anymore, but I assume you're using the full regimen (with the BP) and I just use the AHA alone. So it's inevitable that you're going to have more redness unfortunately.

Make sure to use a sunscreen whilst using AHA as it reveals more sensitive layers of skin which you don't want to get damaged. You want to protect that new skin as much as possible!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:11 am

I think half a pump of aha with one pump of moisturiser will be fine. Only apply it every 3rd night for a couple of weeks and build it up from there. Slowly slowly so you allow your skin to adjust. Good luck, aha is the bomb! Oh wait, should that be aha is DA bomb? ;)

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:23 am

I think half a pump of aha with one pump of moisturiser will be fine. Only apply it every 3rd night for a couple of weeks and build it up from there. Slowly slowly so you allow your skin to adjust. Good luck, aha is the bomb! Oh wait, should that be aha is DA bomb? wink.png

How many times a week did you use the AHA once your skin got used to it?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:52 am

I think around 3-4 weeks. My face still went red immediately after applying but that died down within an hour. But I didn't care, I applied it before bed anyway.

I saw results within a week with flaky skin gone, and within a month my skin was smooth and glowing. The slight burning sensation never went away but I learnt to love it.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:36 pm

I've been using AHA every other night on its own and spot treating in the morning. Could that be too much? O:

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:57 pm

It really depends on how your think your skin is reacting. You are still breaking out right? I would reduce the AHA a bit. Still apply every second night but half and half with your moisturiser.....

Spot treating is fine, but make sure you're applying it to your spots before applying the bp.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/14/2013 8:20 am

AyeAye, on 13 Aug 2013 - 22:01, said:

It really depends on how your think your skin is reacting. You are still breaking out right? I would reduce the AHA a bit. Still apply every second night but half and half with your moisturiser.....

Spot treating is fine, but make sure you're applying it to your spots before applying the bp.

Ah, I am still breaking out. I'll do that. Is a half-pump meant to be half of the index finger?

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/29/2013 4:54 pm

Just got my aha & will be using it for the first time tonight. I'll use as u guys suggested half a pump of aha and moisturizer. But my question is ..do u still use jojoba oil mixed with those two?

Ah, I am still breaking out. I'll do that. Is a half-pump meant to be half of the index finger?

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 09/01/2013 4:40 pm

Just got my aha & will be using it for the first time tonight. I'll use as u guys suggested half a pump of aha and moisturizer. But my question is ..do u still use jojoba oil mixed with those two?

How's the aha working for u?

It's working well now. I was definitely using way too much at first. I've worked my way up to using it every night with the moisturizer and I can see the difference in my red marks already! Also my skin is much smoother. :) I'm definitely one of those people who is going to be obsessed with AHA.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 09/01/2013 5:07 pm

How's the aha working for u?

It's working well now. I was definitely using way too much at first. I've worked my way up to using it every night with the moisturizer and I can see the difference in my red marks already! Also my skin is much smoother. :) I'm definitely one of those people who is going to be obsessed with AHA.

That's great glad its working well for u already I'll be using AHA for the second time after 3 days ..& I'm loving it already too lol..

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 09/03/2013 11:05 am

That doesn't look bad at all! And it'll get better with the AHA. :) Glad you like it too!

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 09/03/2013 12:09 pm

Thanks I hope so too! :)

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 09/10/2013 11:47 pm

Hi AyeAye, one question which confuses the hell outta me lol ..

Ive been using Aha mixed with my moisturizer for about 3 weeks now .. Ive never used aha in place of the moisturizer cuz well i dont know how much i should be using. I have the 16oz bottle of aha. Can u plz advise me of how much i should be using? Is a pump ok? Or?

How much do u use?

Would really like to start using aha on its own at least once a week for now. Thankz!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/10/2013 11:57 pm

I don't think there are any hard or fast rules with AHA, apart from adjusting your usage to how your skin is reacting.

If you find that by the time you wake up in the morning your skin is no longer red, and you've not got any red 'hot' patches on your face then you should be ok to increase your AHA usage. I used to use a pump of AHA and a pump of dans moisturiser mixed in together, but sometimes (maybe once every 1.5 weeks) I used to use a pump of aha on its own. So give it a go and see how your skin reacts.

I know of some people who were on the boards when I first started the regimen who successfully used AHA daily without diluting it with moisturiser but when I tried that my face got really really flushed and didn't fade even by the morning.

I'm pretty sure I've read that nicmic uses AHA by itself every few days? But then again I could have just made that up..... :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/11/2013 12:21 am

You've got it right Ayeaye! :)

Carebear, Twice a week I do a full face of only AHA as my moisturizer. One full pump. But on the other nights I mix half a pump with my moisturizer.

From what I've read from other posters, it's best to start slow with the AHA just in case your skin gets a bit irritated from it. Luckily I didn't experience any of that, but better safe than sorry right?

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 09/11/2013 12:27 am

You've got it right Ayeaye! :)

Carebear, Twice a week I do a full face of only AHA as my moisturizer. One full pump. But on the other nights I mix half a pump with my moisturizer.

From what I've read from other posters, it's best to start slow with the AHA just in case your skin gets a bit irritated from it. Luckily I didn't experience any of that, but better safe than sorry right?

I don't think there are any hard or fast rules with AHA, apart from adjusting your usage to how your skin is reacting.

If you find that by the time you wake up in the morning your skin is no longer red, and you've not got any red 'hot' patches on your face then you should be ok to increase your AHA usage. I used to use a pump of AHA and a pump of dans moisturiser mixed in together, but sometimes (maybe once every 1.5 weeks) I used to use a pump of aha on its own. So give it a go and see how your skin reacts.

I know of some people who were on the boards when I first started the regimen who successfully used AHA daily without diluting it with moisturiser but when I tried that my face got really really flushed and didn't fade even by the morning.

I'm pretty sure I've read that nicmic uses AHA by itself every few days? But then again I could have just made that up..... :)

Wow! Really fast replies :) thanks I'll definitely try it & see how it looks in the morning. So far though no red patches. I've been mixing it with the moisturizer for the past 3 weeks every 3-2 days and most recently every night. .

I'll try using a full pump mixed with a few drops of jojoba oil.

Thanks AyeAye & Nicmic62! Appreciated lots :)