Notifications
Clear all

Picked At Acne...now What?

MemberMember
(@minday)

Posted : 08/12/2013 8:05 pm

So I had a large pimple on the side of my nose that really hurt but wasn't really coming to a head. Of course I popped it the first chance I could even though I know you're not supposed to... I don't think everything came out but it turned really red and a scab formed over it. And of course once again I couldn't help myself and I picked it off sad.png Now I'm left with a raised red bump on the side of my nose! What can I do to treat this? I've had it for a couple days now. I put Neosporin on it for the first couple days. I noticed a little white head forming on it yesterday and was able to squeeze a little out. I'm not sure if its completely a scar now or if there's stuff left in it. Any suggestions for what to do? I just don't want it to scar and would like it to flatten at least. Thanks!

I tried to take a picture but it doesn't really show how raised it is.

post-215473-0-69810700-1376355901_thumb.

post-215473-0-69810700-1376355901_thumb.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/12/2013 8:09 pm

I thought you had a huge problem. I am going to send you one of these. LOL Keep your hands off.

MemberMember
(@minday)

Posted : 08/12/2013 8:24 pm

Haha. Yeah I need to learn to control myself. Just under a lot of stress so this just adds to it.

MemberMember
(@patiagirl)

Posted : 08/12/2013 9:27 pm

Just use benzoyl peroxide, are you following the regimen?

MemberMember
(@minday)

Posted : 08/12/2013 10:44 pm

Just use benzoyl peroxide, are you following the regimen?

I used it for one night, but I'm not sure if I should use it because I'm not sure if its a scar or a pimple still.

MemberMember
(@patiagirl)

Posted : 08/12/2013 11:09 pm

It looks like it will fade away, I also had those several times and I actually have one on my nose aswell XD.

Just use the regimen and after 3 weeks u can use the alpha hydrox aka the AHA+ (at night) .

If you have been using the regimen for more than 3 weeks u can go ahead and apply it.

It helps fading scars, hyperpigmentation, sundamage, prevent wrinkles etc.

Salicylic acid also helps lightening scars, but many people find it too harsh.

Don't pick at it anymore, just remember, it will take more time for your skin to heal every time u pick at it!

Hope it helps :)

MemberMember
(@minday)

Posted : 08/13/2013 9:13 am

It looks like it will fade away, I also had those several times and I actually have one on my nose aswell XD.

Just use the regimen and after 3 weeks u can use the alpha hydrox aka the AHA+ (at night) .

If you have been using the regimen for more than 3 weeks u can go ahead and apply it.

It helps fading scars, hyperpigmentation, sundamage, prevent wrinkles etc.

Salicylic acid also helps lightening scars, but many people find it too harsh.

Don't pick at it anymore, just remember, it will take more time for your skin to heal every time u pick at it!

Hope it helps smile.png

That's good to hear! Thanks for your advice! :)

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 08/13/2013 6:17 pm

Cocoa butter and avocado oil till healed.

MemberMember
(@jfiligree)

Posted : 08/13/2013 9:18 pm

For the love of all that is good and holy, PLEASE do not use cocoa butter on your face! I did before and it broke me out in gigantic cysts - turns out, it is highly comedogenic (rating of 4/5).

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 08/14/2013 5:14 am

For the love of all that is good and holy, PLEASE do not use cocoa butter on your face! I did before and it broke me out in gigantic cysts - turns out, it is highly comedogenic (rating of 4/5).

Seems you did use inorganic source with parabens . I had no problems with a more organic cocoa butter.

MemberMember
(@elliew8)

Posted : 08/14/2013 6:23 am

you're fine, it's probably got some residual puss left in it but your body will get rid of it in a few days and the mark will probably be gone within a week (in my experience)...also cocoa butter is amazing but i wouldn't put it on my face either (although you can get specific versions for face only) but my boyfriend puts it on his face and it doesn't adversely affect him - maybe try it on an inconspicuous test patch area first (under your jaw or hairline)