Notifications
Clear all

Popping This One Or Not? (Pictures)

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/12/2013 9:05 am

One of those awfully ugly pimple is back.

Right in the middle of my face (the only one).

Evolved into this monster zit from last friday to today.

Benzoyl peroxide and Erythromycin applied topically did not help stopping it.

Not sure whether I should pop. When I do not, they stay there for weeks.

Seems my skin and body are not able to flush the puss out or absorb it.

I am really lost. Do not want to make a mess.

post-152894-0-07173100-1376316318.jpg

post-152894-0-76516200-1376316335.jpg

post-152894-0-89542000-1376316343.jpg

post-152894-0-07173100-1376316318.jpg

post-152894-0-76516200-1376316335.jpg

post-152894-0-89542000-1376316343.jpg

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/12/2013 9:09 am

I wouldn't in this particular case because it hasn't really got a head to it and I think you'll just aggravate it more. Have you tried topical nicotinamide? It's anti-inflammatory so it might help in this instance.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/12/2013 9:12 am

Don't pop it! If you remove a pimple that doesn't have a white or yellow head, it'll most likely scar or come back, or spread the infection. Try your best to treat it, and be patient. This might sound elementary, but holding ice to it will bring down redness and swelling. So will tomato juice (lemon juice just irritates).

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/12/2013 9:34 am

Will try to hold. It can not be seen due to light but the top is actually white. It is not a small white part. The whole thing is white. Hard to walk around with this.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/12/2013 9:44 am

Oh, well if the whole thing is white, maybe you can remove it? You can take a needle to it and press lightly to remove the puss.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/12/2013 9:50 am

Might leave it until the morning to see if it continues developping. Worried I would make a big mess if it does not come out with needle or cotton.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/12/2013 9:55 am

Okay! Good idea, just play it by ear (:

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/12/2013 10:20 am

Alright done.

I am not sure what they are. Not the usual garden variety zit.

Seems there is not so much puss, but there is blood,

The pimple is now popped and the infection has been drawn out.

I have applied erythromycin right after, which was quite stingy.

The area around looks red, but manageable by morning.

I am hoping the inflammation will flaten rather soon.

Liberating feeling though. Do not have any other on my face.

The issue will not to avoid another one coming. But then again I said the same 2 weeks ago!

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/12/2013 10:26 am

Seems like you handled it the right way, feel free to update us tomorrow! :)

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/12/2013 11:25 am

I will! Need to find a way for those not to appear every couple of weeks. It is hugely frustrating!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/12/2013 1:28 pm

Just applied some vaseline to help the healing process.

The area was quite bright red after shower.... and the pimple is a inflammed still.

no puss in there anymore, but still need to heal. And the red circle around it as well!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/13/2013 1:12 am

Giving information after yesterday's popping: The area is healing well. Less red this morning, and a scab is forming in the area where the blood was flushed out.

I am more concerned about another of those pimples appearing a bit below this area! I am not going to wash my face to avoid irritation. Still have the vaseline from last night on. Just applied a bit of erythromycin, hoping that will do the trick. This is really a nightmare.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/13/2013 8:30 am

Glad that area is healing. I know what you mean though, I sometimes pop pimples and they spread. It's horrible! The best you can do is try to prevent the new one from forming, like you're doing now. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/13/2013 12:37 pm

It is tough. The one I popped is on its way out. Inflammation is reduced and clearly the area is not infected anymore.

However, the one below is still forming. It can not really be seen with light. Not yet red-inflammed. But the area is elevated and something is going on there.

Erythromycin do not seem to stop those ones. I'm now trying an anti-fungal to make sure it goes away. Frustrating at my age, to go to work with such pimples.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/13/2013 12:49 pm

Woah would an anti-fungal work? Never heard of that before.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/14/2013 1:46 pm

2nd blemish is actually bigger than the 1st! I am wondering if it could be fungi-related. Antibiotics do not stop them, they make it worse. I also have SD and high sensitivity to gluten, which I ate last week (pizza!). It is depressing because the 1st is now gone. Only a flat red mark is left. The 2nd is very much swollen, and nowhere near a head, meaning I'll have it for a few days. Not sure what to do.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/14/2013 1:51 pm

I think this is a good opportunity to leave it be. When it turns into a head try to remove it gently, don't force it. :)

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/16/2013 2:53 am

It is still here, though seems to go down and flatten. I am not sure this is bacterial, and I am more opting for fungal. I know SD is due to a fungus. Might explain why topical eryfluid or BP do not stop those from developping and actually make them worse.

I just hope it will be gone in a few days. Disheartening to have this for a week already.

Considering sauna to empty the pore. Problem is that sauna is not recommended for SD. Another of these might appear.......

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/18/2013 1:18 pm

Not sure what is going on. 2nd is now receding. A 3 rd one is starting, just above!!! How can this be?

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/21/2013 11:30 am

I'm sorry to hear that. Seems like your skin is purging that area?

MemberMember
(@beth-n)

Posted : 08/24/2013 2:07 am

Popping a pimple without a white or yellow head CAN leave a scar. I made that mistake a few days ago and now I have an embarrasing scar. :(

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/24/2013 8:20 am

http://www.stoppickingonme.com/ ......check this out...... its quite lengthy.. hope it helps u... N STOP POPPING UR PIMPLES DOESNT MATTER IF IT HAS WHIT HEAD O NOT.. If it has a white head its gonna dry in a day ... n fall off on its own d next day.... by popping u are letting it leave longer there.........

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/27/2013 4:43 am

Could be that the skin is purging the area indeed.

It is rather clear now, except where this blemish/pimple was.

A new whithead has appeared where the red mark is.

I guess the infection was not fully out, and a new pimple is forming to get it out.

Weird thing being, I have been putting tee tree oil on the area for the last week. Bacteria / Fungus should not be able to make their way in the pore.

Hard to have to deal with this, really. But it is 1 pimple. I guess it is better than a few days back, when I had 3 or 4 in that area.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/27/2013 3:25 pm

http://www.stoppickingonme.com/ ......check this out...... its quite lengthy.. hope it helps u... N STOP POPPING UR PIMPLES DOESNT MATTER IF IT HAS WHIT HEAD O NOT.. If it has a white head its gonna dry in a day ... n fall off on its own d next day.... by popping u are letting it leave longer there.........

The issue is that when I get a whitehead, it stays for a few days, not just one. When you are over 35 and working, this makes it very difficult. Having a big zit in the middle of my face, with a white center that stays 3/4 days.. Not great for self confidence.

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/28/2013 2:14 am

The issue is that when I get a whitehead, it stays for a few days, not just one. When you are over 35 and working, this makes it very difficult. Having a big zit in the middle of my face, with a white center that stays 3/4 days.. Not great for self confidence.

ohh k.. n i stay at home so mostly i don care... but still i think its better to leave it alone.. by poppin its gonna take longer... the inflammation the risk of getting pimple again. whenever i pop i get the pimple bac at the same place... n the scars...