Notifications
Clear all

Recell - No Sun Exposure For 12 Months After?

MemberMember
(@doggydogg)

Posted : 08/11/2013 8:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I have not been on here for many years. I recently read about Recell and emailed a doctor in the UK who performs. it. The price is incredibly expensive so I do not think I will be doing it. I was curious though. The doctor said that after having the procedure done (dermabrasion + recell) you have to avoid the sun for 12 to 18 months. I don't know if he was being literal or not but how can anyone avoid the sun for a year to a year in a half. Seems like a bit outrageous. Just wondering if anyone has had this procedure done or knows if this 12 to 18 month thing is accurate. Thanks

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/11/2013 11:49 pm

I'm not sure if that is accurate or not but it would be easy to manage. If that is what is holding you back I'd think again. You can wears larger brimmed hats or even baseball caps would do the trick. You can use sunblock daily too. You wouldn't have to live under the darkness or in the shadows or anything. You just be careful. When I was on accutane I was told to avoid the sun and I was on it for 7 months and handled the sun well and I was out I'm it all the time. Swimming and skiing and water tubing doing all sorts of fun stuff and as long as you are protecting your skin you should be good to go after your healed.

MemberMember
(@doggydogg)

Posted : 08/12/2013 11:33 am

Thank you for your reply "LIke Moonlight". Yes, if I were to do this I would be getting just one part of my face done but I'll need to clarify with the doctor about the sun exposure as the doctor emailed me that one would need to stay out of the sun for 12 months with gradual sun exposure increasing after that point. Seems like a huge hassle on the patient, especially for something that is still somewhat experimental. I've tried everything else and have not really been back to this board for three or four years however the recell procedure seemed interesting. Thanks