Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Cope With Having Bad Acne?

MemberMember
(@lynn8808)

Posted : 08/11/2013 11:17 am

Hey, so I was just curious to see how other people cope or deal with having acne.

*What makes you feel better about it?

*How severe is your acne?

*Does your acne really affect you emotionally?

I don't really have a way of coping honestly.

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 08/11/2013 11:35 am

Recently I've been going to walks in the woods by my house. I love to hike and the nature is so beautiful I forget about my own problem for a while and just enjoy life. Plus, there are no mirrors in the forest!

I try my best not to think of what I looked like before, or I end up crying and very upset with myself, with a kind of desperation to get clear. I just try to focus on life, that there are others out there who struggle with this as well seems to comfort me a little. I remember the "real world" outside of my house where I spend most of my days, kind of wallowing in anger and depression... and that one day I'm going to be back in that world and I'll be happy. I know I'm taking the right steps to combat and defeat the acne. It just takes time and immense patience. I think all us acne sufferers really go through the wringer and in the end, probably end up stronger for it if we can keep our heads high and not be beaten by it.

MemberMember
(@rhaamzes)

Posted : 08/11/2013 11:37 am

"*What makes you feel better about it?" - When i have hope. I have not any by now, so i keep posting stupid post on emotional board

"*How severe is your acne?" mild/moderate. It's a lot better than years ago, but i'm still depressed. I have maybe 6 active pimples on my head - no cysts. But i have a lot of blemishes.

"*Does your acne really affect you emotionally? " YES YES YES. I can't do what i want. i'm not feel to be free with this shit.

Regards

MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 08/11/2013 12:49 pm

What makes me feel better about it is how im able to except people it dont matter to.me how someone looks , I feel like I have grown and matured, my acne is fuckkked!!! I have deep red.scars on my cheeks that.dont seem to.go away then I have.bunch of zits.that makes my whole face red!! It sucks so much balls a year ago I was very good looking!, I wish that I would be less shy in girls that.have.inerest in me but it messes with those.kinds of relationships!

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 08/11/2013 1:09 pm

Nothing really makes you feel better about acne, because it's acne. But I realize that everyone has their own "cross to bear" whether it is being born without an arm, having acne, or having a mental issue. I consider myself pretty lucky to have acne, and I find my own way to get over the insecurity that comes with having it.

My acne is very mild now, but I used to have moderate acne.

Emotionally, acne can definitely get my spirits down and make me feel ugly. But I never let it do that for long, since I'm not going to waste any of my life sad that I'm not perfect.

MemberMember
(@mugisha)

Posted : 09/29/2013 3:51 pm

"*What makes you feel better about it?" - When i have hope. I have not any by now, so i keep posting stupid post on emotional board

"*How severe is your acne?" mild/moderate. It's a lot better than years ago, but i'm still depressed. I have maybe 6 active pimples on my head - no cysts. But i have a lot of blemishes.

"*Does your acne really affect you emotionally? " YES YES YES. I can't do what i want. i'm not feel to be free with this shit.

Regards

I know its ruff mate but there is ALWAYS hope. You say your skin has gotten better , that's good then try to focus on that. Do not let your skin and yourself esteem dictate what you can and can not do. Apart from the creams and other treatments what can you do to help your self esteem and skin?

Trying to think with a positive mind and making a concious effort to focus on what I like about myself rather than what my skin looks like has helped me far more than any treatment that I have ever tried..So my advice would be to learn to try and love yourself spots and all , there is hope in that , look to those whom you love and who love you for you because there is hope in that and look at all of the people on this website who have beaten there acne , people who have felt just the same as you and I concerning our skin. There is always hope mate and I hope you start to feel a little better about yourself and that your skin clears. Chin up bud.

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 09/29/2013 8:22 pm

There is no other way for me to cope with it other than to accept the fact that I have it. TBH, if I didn't have this acne, I don't think I would be as hunble as I am right now... It's all about prospective tbh.

MemberMember
(@mg02)

Posted : 10/05/2013 10:00 pm

Hello, Lynn! :)

To answer your questions:

*What makes you feel better your acne?

1) I like to spend time with people who love me, like family and close friends. The more time I spend with them, the more I realize that they don't care what I look like, acne or not, they love me for who I am, and that makes me really happy. :)

2) Another thing that makes me feel better about my acne is talking to people who understand how I feel and are going through the same problems I am. This is where Acne.Org comes in. I genuinely enjoy being with other people who truly understand what I'm going through, and I enjoy helping others feel better about their struggles, too. I guess it reminds me that I'm not alone- that we're all in this together so that we can help each other out. :) <3

3) I also like doing things that distract me from my acne. For example, working out is fantastic because not only does it improve your overall health, it also gives me a small boost of confidence and helps out with my acne. Sports are great for taking your mind off your problems, too. Other hobbies you can take up can be anything from writing, painting, hiking, etc.- whatever makes you feel happy and boosts your confidence! ^^

4) Makeup. Now, I'm not saying that if you have acne, you should wear makeup (if you're confident enough to go bare-faced, then that's good for you; I congratulate you! :D), but it really helps emotionally for people who have low self-esteem or just want a bit of a confidence booster. A little makeup goes a long way when it comes to lifting a girl's spirits. Gettin' all dolled up and feeling like a princess never really hurt anyone. ;)

*How severe is your acne?

It's mainly just scarring; the actual acne itself isn't too bad. Of course, right now I'm having a bit of a breakout, but on normal weeks, it's fine, just a bit of scars here and there. The Regimen has worked miracles on reducing my acne. :)

*Does your acne really affect you emotionally?

Yes. Unfortunately, I have some traits that I believe to have originated from acne:

-Low self-esteem / confidence.

- Shyness / Antisocial behavior.

- Depression / Anxiety.

-Bad temper / Mood swings.

-Stress.

Hope this helped. ^^

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 10/06/2013 2:50 am

This song: