Notifications
Clear all

Will This Foundation Break Me Out?

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 08/11/2013 6:52 am

Hello everyone!

I'm going to get a makeover at the bobbi brown makeup counter early next week and I wanted to know if anyone has tried any of bobbi brown's foundation, blush, or bronzer. When I wear makeup on my face I just use a little bit of bareminerals and I'd like to try something new. The only thing I'm worried about is breaking out from a new foundation, if I get one. If anyone has had any experiences (good or bad) with any of the bobbi brown makeup, please let me know!

MemberMember
(@bluemoon3)

Posted : 08/11/2013 8:56 am

If their foundation claims to be 'non-comedogenic', 'hypoallergenic', or suitable for sensitive skin, then it should be fine!

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 08/11/2013 12:48 pm

If their foundation claims to be 'non-comedogenic', 'hypoallergenic', or suitable for sensitive skin, then it should be fine!

Thanks for the tip BlueMoon3!

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/11/2013 5:17 pm

you wont know unless you try. What it states on the label like non-com, hypoall is a bunch of bull and misleads the consumer. What works for my skin may not necessarily work for yours. Your skin is as unique as your finger prints. You personally have to know what works for you. But if you are worried- you could look at the ingredients and look for some things to watch out for- for example fragrance, and oils. Also not only should the foundation worry you, what about their brushes? dirty brushes can cause spots as well.

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 08/12/2013 3:22 pm

you wont know unless you try. What it states on the label like non-com, hypoall is a bunch of bull and misleads the consumer. What works for my skin may not necessarily work for yours. Your skin is as unique as your finger prints. You personally have to know what works for you. But if you are worried- you could look at the ingredients and look for some things to watch out for- for example fragrance, and oils. Also not only should the foundation worry you, what about their brushes? dirty brushes can cause spots as well.

Avada Kedavra Acne, I agree that companies won't tell the consumer everything inside the product, but I just have to take a chance. Currently, when I wear foundation I put on some bareminerals with a brush. I always make sure to clean the brush every 1-2 weeks so that they stay clean. I was wanting to try a liquid foundation though, which I would use with clean fingers, so I didn't have to think about a dirty brush.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/12/2013 11:32 pm

I think she is talking about the make up counters brushes being dirty..

Although when I've gone to makeup counter they never use brushes on me. I guessing because they don't clean them therefore they don't use them. They usually use those wedges.

MemberMember
(@stiffler)

Posted : 08/13/2013 4:06 pm

My gf uses it and it hasn't broke her out. P.S. You look like like the girl I saw in a video adult chat a couple of nights ago! Was it you?

Edit: The background on your avatar is also very similar! wub.png

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 08/13/2013 7:00 pm

I think she is talking about the make up counters brushes being dirty..

Although when I've gone to makeup counter they never use brushes on me. I guessing because they don't clean them therefore they don't use them. They usually use those wedges.

Thank you for clearing that up Moonlight, I didn't know. I actually just got the makeover done today and they did use brushes (and sponges and her fingers haha), and I bet they were dirty because the lady just sprayed a bit of water on them before she put it on my skin. Gross!! I bought a blush and lip gloss, but for me the makeup was way too heavy feeling. I hardly wear makeup and I'm not into the whole face look.

My gf uses it and it hasn't broke her out. P.S. You look like like the girl I saw in a video adult chat a couple of nights ago! Was it you?

I tried the makeup out today, and it was way too heavy for my skin. And no, I was definitely not the girl in the video chat.

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 08/15/2013 11:55 am

Yeah, that's not creepy at all.

--

Sarah, you do attract weirdos.

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 08/15/2013 10:29 pm

--

Have you read my thread "Boy Troubles"? This sums it up perfectly for anyone who's not understanding what I'm trying to say on there!!

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 08/16/2013 10:25 am

--

Have you read my thread "Boy Troubles"? This sums it up perfectly for anyone who's not understanding what I'm trying to say on there!!

yup, that's why I commented. Freaking bizarre