Notifications
Clear all

Coal Tar Soap

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/10/2013 4:27 pm

Is there an initial break out when starting on this coal tar soap product?

I am having a small breakout with 3 inflammed pustules which came out. Not sure if it is because of the soap, because it is not generalized on my face (1 on the forehead, 1 on the lower side of my cheek and of course one right in the middle of my face). After 20 years fighting acne, I am a bit mad to see that my pores still get so inflammed..........

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/11/2013 8:02 am

Any ideas?

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/27/2013 4:45 am

Bottom line here too: Coal tar soap was a bad idea to treat acne. Might be that coal tar helps, but other ingredients broke me out big time. Or the skin purged. But I am still struggling getting rid of one of the stubborn blemish which appeared... Keeps refilling..

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/27/2013 7:25 am

Is it that Wrights stuff? Its not actually coal tar, that was banned in the UK a while ago (think its prescription only now). The wrights soap is actually tea tree oil based, which is said to help with acne, but the soap itself leaves a waxy residue on your skin and clogs pores.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/27/2013 3:27 pm

Tee tree oil is fine for me though it makes my skin extremely dry. It must have been something else. But the soap was called coal tar soap......

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 08/27/2013 5:07 pm

AHHHH coal stinks for sensitive/acne-prone skin.

I bought these Korean charcoal nose pore strips and they broke me out to high heaven.

They say charcoal and sulfur (equally as irritating) are good for acne.. wrong.

I like tea tree oil too, when diluted.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/28/2013 11:32 pm

Same! TTO seems to help as spot treatment. A bit too strong for me for the entire face. Have seb derm though, so kinda hard to put anything on my sin!