Notifications
Clear all

Is This Acne...or An Allergy?!

MemberMember
(@emmybear)

Posted : 08/10/2013 2:09 pm

Hi all! Thanks for reading, and any help is appreciated...

Around 4 months ago my skin suddenly started acting really weird. I would periodically get itchy all over, and then develop pink bumps on my face, chest and back. Almost like little pimples, but with NO head. They occur in little clusters mostly on my forehead. It's strange, because it comes on so suddenly--yet can disappear for weeks. Recently I visited a beach and it got 100000x worse, but as soon as I returned back to my hometown, my bumps subsided. Could be something in the atmosphere? Especially since it all began during the spring months (I live in New England).

I also have a guess it might be something in bread/caffeine, because those two things seem to be consumed around the times I break out. But I could be wrong here. (Is there a test you can do to see if you're allergic to caffeine, because I know my stomach has ALWAYS churned when I consumed caffeine/coffee)

2 of the dermatologists I saw brushed it off as mild acne...one however was intrigued and admitted he had no idea what I was suffering from.

I included a pic. Any help is appreciated; I don't want to treat it like pimples if they actually aren't!

post-214222-0-64354600-1376161710_thumb.

^ those things were NOT on my face this morning. it is so sudden!

post-214222-0-64354600-1376161710_thumb.

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/10/2013 2:37 pm

black heads n white heads are the characteristic feature of acne..... looks like dermatitis.... any change of products over face or shampoo... do u hav dandruff?????? is there any itching????

MemberMember
(@drowningophelia)

Posted : 08/10/2013 8:34 pm

That seems to look like what I have on my chin and around my mouth. It's now starting to spread to my neck. I also seem to have some on my forehead. My forehead has been like that for a while, but overnight my chin and mouth area has just erupted. It's the first time this has happened to me, so not sure if an allergic reaction or some kind of dermatitis? Mine seem to have white heads in it though :/

MemberMember
(@emmybear)

Posted : 08/10/2013 9:57 pm

Yep lots of itching! they're barely there right now though--funny how 9 hours later they calm themselves down. This is why I think it's more than acne.

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/19/2013 1:04 pm

how is it now?? its allergy only then... lucky u... that its not acne.... m not sure tho.... acne can never go in 9 hrs.. try anti-histamine n see if it subsides soon....

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/19/2013 1:18 pm

Yep, that's not acne. Something must be irritatig your skin, but it'll be really hard to isolate what exactly. Just try and keep little journal about every flare up; write when it happened, what you were doing, what you ate, stuff like that. You want to look for any common activity/product/food that seems to trend in your notes.

MemberMember
(@lindsey4546)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:50 pm

You mentioned you broke out at the beach... Could you have a sun allergy/sensitivity? It can produce reddish bumps. Look up "sun allergy" in the mayo clinic's website. It may be a possibility. Did you wear a certain sunscreen at the beach that you could have been allergic to? Caffiene is a stimulant so it is normal that it makes ur stomach feel kind of funny. I hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 9:02 pm

Irritation of somekind hmm try not to put anything on your skin and dont go out in the sun hide from it a couple of days and se what happens.