Notifications
Clear all

Is This Small Cyst?!

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/10/2013 8:30 am

what to do :( i have it week already ;( it is small cyst? or some weird pimple ;(?

post-213863-0-75740400-1376141395_thumb.

post-213863-0-75740400-1376141395_thumb.

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/10/2013 2:03 pm

anyone?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/11/2013 12:09 am

It does indeed look like a small cyst. I would recommend icing it for pain and using heat compresses to see if you can get it to a head. If that doesn't work or you want to avoid popping it I would go to the derm and get it injected they can usually fit you in same day and it will be gone in a matter of days

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/11/2013 9:29 pm

It does indeed look like a small cyst. I would recommend icing it for pain and using heat compresses to see if you can get it to a head. If that doesn't work or you want to avoid popping it I would go to the derm and get it injected they can usually fit you in same day and it will be gone in a matter of days

I have a question. I had a hard, painful bump on my chin for one day. It was sort of red and not hugely raised. The next day (today) it came to a head and I was easily able to pop it. I would say it was relatively small in size. Maybe smallish-mediumish... that's not a cyst right? Cysts last a lot longer and don't necessarily come to a head?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/11/2013 11:00 pm

Correct cysts take a longer time to come to a head. I used to get bigger hard pimples that my derm referred to as tumor zits.. Not sure why but whatever, they would be super painful and would take days to come to a head and it just killed to pop them! Gladly I don't get those anymore (touch wood).

From what I've gathered cysts last around a month and can last months even. Usually they end up getting injected to deal with the size and the pain. It's difficult to bring them to a head and some times not even possible. The also have a cyctic sac that need to come out otherwise they can reoccur and reinflate over and over,

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/12/2013 11:52 am

Correct cysts take a longer time to come to a head. I used to get bigger hard pimples that my derm referred to as tumor zits.. Not sure why but whatever, they would be super painful and would take days to come to a head and it just killed to pop them! Gladly I don't get those anymore (touch wood).

From what I've gathered cysts last around a month and can last months even. Usually they end up getting injected to deal with the size and the pain. It's difficult to bring them to a head and some times not even possible. The also have a cyctic sac that need to come out otherwise they can reoccur and reinflate over and over,

Phew... that's a relief. I've never had a cyst thankfully *knocks on wood*. I do occasionally get the hard, painful bump that comes and goes within a couple days. They don't really hurt to pop though. It's actually a more relieving feeling getting rid of the pressure on my face. I wonder what they could be...? The only negative thing, besides getting them in a first place, is that they generally leave a dark mark behind. unsure.png

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/12/2013 2:39 pm

Yeah those zits are def a pain in the butt. Then again every zit is a pain in the butt. I had a cystic pimple once... It was horrible it was on the back of my head though so I didn't have to deal with it being huge on my face and everyone looking at me. But it was like a dime size on the back of my hairline and was huge and never came to a head. I went to the doctor about it because it was causing my lymph node in my neck to swell and it looked like I had a skittle popping out of my neck. It hurt to move my head even. I was on accutane at the time so I think the medication was causing acne and breakouts that I've never had before. I was put on keflex which took care of the cyst that turned out to be infected. And took care of the lymph nodes which was lovely. One thing I can say though is I never want another one of those again!

Im very light skinned. I went to sephora to get my skin tone matched and they told me I was a true nude. No pink or yellow tones to my skin at all. So my skin ALWAYS leaves a red or pink mark behind! It is a bummer, it ruins the look of your skin and sometimes getting rid of those marks is harder than getting rid of the zit. I use Acne.org AHA+ and I love the stuff. Fades red marks like nobodies business.

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/13/2013 4:44 am

so pain is gone and now there is only ball with something inside ;( what to do :( this will leave huge red mark right? ;(

post-213863-0-99436000-1376391318_thumb.

post-213863-0-99436000-1376391318_thumb.

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/13/2013 3:18 pm

Yeah those zits are def a pain in the butt. Then again every zit is a pain in the butt. I had a cystic pimple once... It was horrible it was on the back of my head though so I didn't have to deal with it being huge on my face and everyone looking at me. But it was like a dime size on the back of my hairline and was huge and never came to a head. I went to the doctor about it because it was causing my lymph node in my neck to swell and it looked like I had a skittle popping out of my neck. It hurt to move my head even. I was on accutane at the time so I think the medication was causing acne and breakouts that I've never had before. I was put on keflex which took care of the cyst that turned out to be infected. And took care of the lymph nodes which was lovely. One thing I can say though is I never want another one of those again!

Im very light skinned. I went to sephora to get my skin tone matched and they told me I was a true nude. No pink or yellow tones to my skin at all. So my skin ALWAYS leaves a red or pink mark behind! It is a bummer, it ruins the look of your skin and sometimes getting rid of those marks is harder than getting rid of the zit. I use Acne.org AHA+ and I love the stuff. Fades red marks like nobodies business.

Ouch! That sounds so painful! I had a deeply infected lymph node on my neck once and I remember how mind numbingly painful that was. Took doctors a million years and multiple procedures (including a biopsy) to figure out what it was -.- I swear sometimes I just don't know with these alleged doctors. Anyways, I'm going to ask my derm what to do about these tumor zits because they hurt like no one's business, and leave these obnoxious red marks.

Having a light skin tone sucks! I totally feel your pain, I have a tiny yellowish tint to my skin, but not enough to stray from my nude colored foundation. Does the AHA+ that you use irritate your skin at all? And when in your regimen do you use it (after washing, after topicals, etc)?

so pain is gone and now there is only ball with something inside ;( what to do sad.png this will leave huge red mark right? ;(

If it's just a ball now, it probably is the cyst sac that needs to be removed, or it will keep reoccurring... Have you talked with your dermatologist about how to handle this? Sadly, it probably will leave some some sort of red mark/scar behind :(

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/14/2013 12:48 pm

Tried to get it on the surface for 4 days, nothing ;( so iam changing tactic and i will try to kill it with 10% bp

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/14/2013 1:58 pm

please help me ;( this is my first cyst and it driving me crazy, any tips and experiences would be helpful, more photos added

post-213863-0-04730300-1376506617_thumb.

post-213863-0-18449100-1376506647_thumb.

post-213863-0-01393900-1376506678_thumb.

post-213863-0-04730300-1376506617_thumb.

post-213863-0-18449100-1376506647_thumb.

post-213863-0-01393900-1376506678_thumb.

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/19/2013 12:53 pm

so after 10 day it come to head and j gently popped it, no it looks like on the picture, will red ball dissapear or it will reffil ? help ;(

post-213863-0-17861100-1376934577_thumb.

post-213863-0-17861100-1376934577_thumb.