Notifications
Clear all

These Bumps Will Be The Death Of Me 🙁

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/09/2013 9:07 pm

Alright, so you're going along and sticking to your regimen stricter than religion, and you finally get rid of the large bumps that were on your face! Woohoo.. fantastic, right? Nope. Now instead of the large eye sores that haunt you, you are left with a million tiny bumps on your forehead and chin. Greeeaaattt. Of course, I'm only talking about myself.

Now that all the big bumps are mostly gone (I have like one small active papule) I am more focused on the tiny papules, whiteheads, and blackheads that are making me miserable. :( On my forehead they are more concentrated to the center and above my right eyebrow. Fortunately on my chin, most of the bumps are hidden until i stretch my mouth tight or tuck in my lower lip. It's just so frustrating because I want it ALL GONE!

What I find is that the tiny papules don't really pop, but when I squeeze them they come to a head within a few hours... and then I pop them. It's kind of a vicious cycle that I should probably stop. I'm just promoting scarring and making more red/dark marks and blah blah blah. Anyone else experience this on their journey to clear skin? Do these bumps eventually disappear if you continue your regimen??

Any and all responses, support, and advice are very much appreciated! Xo

MemberMember
(@paperboy-bike)

Posted : 08/09/2013 10:54 pm

I don't know much about Aczone but maybe you could look at using it just once daily and substituting in BP in the morning or Retin-A at night? Retin-A can be really effective on small whiteheads and blackheads. I'm not sure Aczone would work so well for non iflamtory acne like blackheads but I could be wrong.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/09/2013 11:36 pm

Do you think the tiny bumps / spots you're getting are an irritation to a product or makeup you use? Personally, I find that when I get a lot of tiny little bumps, whiteheads and/or clogged pores it's often due to a product - because normally I don't get this sort of acne. The acne I normally get is larger and inflamed. Maybe this isn't the case for you but thought I'd suggest it anyway, just in case.

In my first few weeks of using the acne.org regimen, I was getting a few tiny whiteheads, but these went away in a few weeks. So maybe that could happen for you as you continue your regimen?

Either way - good luck with it all! Hope it works out well :)

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/10/2013 12:13 pm

I don't know much about Aczone but maybe you could look at using it just once daily and substituting in BP in the morning or Retin-A at night? Retin-A can be really effective on small whiteheads and blackheads. I'm not sure Aczone would work so well for non iflamtory acne like blackheads but I could be wrong.

I so wish I could use BP or Retin-A, but my skin is hyper sensitive and I can't tolerate either of those topicals :( makes acne treatment much more difficult! And you are correct, Aczone does not work for non-inflammatory acne, but I'm hoping my BHA face wash will help eventually for that!

Do you think the tiny bumps / spots you're getting are an irritation to a product or makeup you use? Personally, I find that when I get a lot of tiny little bumps, whiteheads and/or clogged pores it's often due to a product - because normally I don't get this sort of acne. The acne I normally get is larger and inflamed. Maybe this isn't the case for you but thought I'd suggest it anyway, just in case.

In my first few weeks of using the acne.org regimen, I was getting a few tiny whiteheads, but these went away in a few weeks. So maybe that could happen for you as you continue your regimen?

Either way - good luck with it all! Hope it works out well smile.png

I haven't been wearing makeup for a while, so I don't think it could be caused by that. Although I did start using a new laundry detergent, so maybe that has something to do with it? Oh the curse of having sensitive skin! I hope you're right and all this will subside in the second month of my regimen! Thank you so much for responding :)

MemberMember
(@paperboy-bike)

Posted : 08/10/2013 8:01 pm

I so wish I could use BP or Retin-A, but my skin is hyper sensitive and I can't tolerate either of those topicals sad.png makes acne treatment much more difficult! And you are correct, Aczone does not work for non-inflammatory acne, but I'm hoping my BHA face wash will help eventually for that!

>Do you think the tiny bumps / spots you're getting are an irritation to a product or makeup you use? Personally, I find that when I get a lot of tiny little bumps, whiteheads and/or clogged pores it's often due to a product - because normally I don't get this sort of acne. The acne I normally get is larger and inflamed. Maybe this isn't the case for you but thought I'd suggest it anyway, just in case.

I haven't been wearing makeup for a while, so I don't think it could be caused by that. Although I did start using a new laundry detergent, so maybe that has something to do with it? Oh the curse of having sensitive skin! I hope you're right and all this will subside in the second month of my regimen! Thank you so much for responding smile.png

Unfortunately from all the stuff I've read, things like Salicyclic face washes have little effect because they are in contact with the skin for such a short period of time. Have you heard of Paulas Choice? I'd look into using this face wash http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/cleansers/_/CLEAR-Pore-Normalizing-Cleanser/

and then following that with her 1% SA lotion and building your way up to her 2% one. That should really help with blackheads.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/Skin-Perfecting-One-Percent-BHA-Gel-Exfoliant/

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/10/2013 9:57 pm

I so wish I could use BP or Retin-A, but my skin is hyper sensitive and I can't tolerate either of those topicals sad.png makes acne treatment much more difficult! And you are correct, Aczone does not work for non-inflammatory acne, but I'm hoping my BHA face wash will help eventually for that!

>Do you think the tiny bumps / spots you're getting are an irritation to a product or makeup you use? Personally, I find that when I get a lot of tiny little bumps, whiteheads and/or clogged pores it's often due to a product - because normally I don't get this sort of acne. The acne I normally get is larger and inflamed. Maybe this isn't the case for you but thought I'd suggest it anyway, just in case.

I haven't been wearing makeup for a while, so I don't think it could be caused by that. Although I did start using a new laundry detergent, so maybe that has something to do with it? Oh the curse of having sensitive skin! I hope you're right and all this will subside in the second month of my regimen! Thank you so much for responding smile.png

Unfortunately from all the stuff I've read, things like Salicyclic face washes have little effect because they are in contact with the skin for such a short period of time. Have you heard of Paulas Choice? I'd look into using this face wash http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/cleansers/_/CLEAR-Pore-Normalizing-Cleanser/

and then following that with her 1% SA lotion and building your way up to her 2% one. That should really help with blackheads.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/Skin-Perfecting-One-Percent-BHA-Gel-Exfoliant/

Thank you for responding! Does Paula's Choice Regimen only work for blackheads? I'm honestly more concerned about the millions of small papules on my forehead and chin.

MemberMember
(@paperboy-bike)

Posted : 08/10/2013 11:56 pm

>376109385">

Thank you for responding! Does Paula's Choice Regimen only work for blackheads? I'm honestly more concerned about the millions of small papules on my forehead and chin.

Are they red bumps or are they more flesh covered? The 2% BHA should also help if they are quite small and not too deep in the skin. The good thing is that her BHA products have all sorts of soothing and skin calming ingrediants which would be good with your senstive skin.

Theres also a 9% BHA spot treamtent which you could look into for trying on some of the individual papules

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/11/2013 1:00 am

I don't know much about it and I don't have any experience with this product (though I was considering it before starting the regimen) but have you heard of or used azelaic acid before? Maybe that's something to look into?

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/11/2013 11:48 am

><p>376109385">

Are they red bumps or are they more flesh covered? The 2% BHA should also help if they are quite small and not too deep in the skin. The good thing is that her BHA products have all sorts of soothing and skin calming ingrediants which would be good with your senstive skin.

Theres also a 9% BHA spot treamtent which you could look into for trying on some of the individual papules

All the bumps are flesh covered and not really visible unless you're about 3-4 inches from my face. I can feel them though. The ones on my forehead are really tiny and feel more rough, while the bumps on my chin are a little bigger, but smooth. I don't think they're deep rooted papules or anything, so I'll definitely look into Paula's Choice BHA products! Thanks for the advice :)

I don't know much about it and I don't have any experience with this product (though I was considering it before starting the regimen) but have you heard of or used azelaic acid before? Maybe that's something to look into?

I've actually never heard of azelic acid... What is that used for?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/11/2013 11:56 pm

It's used for rosacea and acne. I've seen a few threads around here talking about it before. So if you're interested try searching this site (or just google even) for more info. Like I said, I don't really know much about it - sorry I can't be of more help! Maybe check out the review section of this site too?

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/12/2013 10:27 am

It's used for rosacea and acne. I've seen a few threads around here talking about it before. So if you're interested try searching this site (or just google even) for more info. Like I said, I don't really know much about it - sorry I can't be of more help! Maybe check out the review section of this site too?

Alright, cool! Thank you for the suggestion. I'll definitely be doing some research! :)

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 08/12/2013 5:11 pm

I still gets these bumps on my forehead and next to my eyebrows courtesy of my hair conditioner (which is fantastic for my hair, but has something personal against my face). Agreed on how annoying they are, they just never seem to leave, and of course can make people more paranoid about their acne coming back. Try not to pick at them if it makes them form heads - it could cause infection and drive the bacteria deep into your skin, causing problems in other areas and in greater quantities. Try clay masks/exfoliation/peels/pore strips to draw them out, but don't treat them like an inflamed spot, otherwise things could get worse.

They will go away, they're just stubborn little pests.

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/13/2013 11:07 am

I still gets these bumps on my forehead and next to my eyebrows courtesy of my hair conditioner (which is fantastic for my hair, but has something personal against my face). Agreed on how annoying they are, they just never seem to leave, and of course can make people more paranoid about their acne coming back. Try not to pick at them if it makes them form heads - it could cause infection and drive the bacteria deep into your skin, causing problems in other areas and in greater quantities. Try clay masks/exfoliation/peels/pore strips to draw them out, but don't treat them like an inflamed spot, otherwise things could get worse.

They will go away, they're just stubborn little pests.

That's totally what I noticed. Every time I pick at one, it goes from being a virtually invisible bump to a whitehead. Then I obviously pick them, which isn't good because it leaves a lovely red mark that lingers for a few days. I think I'm going to start using a salicylic acid face wash and hope that the BHA will open my pores and allow whatever's inside these "stubborn little pests" (good word choice haha) to GO AWAY!