Notifications
Clear all

Using Salicylic Acid (Meant For Warts) To Remove Acne And Red Scarring?

MemberMember
(@lynn8808)

Posted : 08/09/2013 5:51 pm

Hey, so I was wondering if using salicylic acid that was meant for warts would help fade my rd acne scars o dry up a couple current pimples I have. I have tried researching it but I wanted to know if anyone else has tried this and what their results were.

I have applied a tiny amount to a current pimple and it burns pretty badly.

Any advice?

-Thank yousmile.png

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 08/09/2013 7:42 pm

I believe the stuff for warts is something like 20%. You will likely burn your face pretty badly, imo, if you use that for your pimples or scarring. Warts are very thick and tough. Not like your facial skin at all. Personally, I wouldn't do it.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/09/2013 10:02 pm

I agree with Brandy and I would avoid the wart SA and just go to the local pharmacy and pick up a acne treatment with SA if that is the treatment you want to try

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:25 am

Buy Glycolic acid 10% better than SA good efxolitator and awesome for redmarks and existing acne try it out.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:44 am

I'm actually using a product called Dermarest that's meant for psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis for my acne and it's been helping A LOT when I use it once a day. It has zinc and salicylic acid in it. But it only has 3% salicylic acid. I'm all for using products that work but aren't necessarily intended for treating acne, but I think wart removal is a little too hardcore. Anything above 10% is way too much.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/20/2013 2:37 pm

i like skin obsession acne stop, 10% SA and 5% lactic acid....stings like crazy, but it is my real issue go to product to dry out anything that looks like trouble

what we don't endure for our skin!

but I am a SA fan, much prefer it to BP - no bleached towels, shirts, sheets...

MemberMember
(@gem84)

Posted : 09/01/2013 7:49 pm

Hey guys, I am new here and I have also just started using 20% SA on my face...it burns like crazy and on my second application I can still only keep it on for about 2 mins but I expected that. I have moderate acne and sugar makes me break out like crazy so I need to behave to keep it on thw down low. I am onto my 2nd application and have purged quite a bit but it seems to be calming down now (4 days after peel). Any other success stories from anyone? I am really hopeful! :-)

MemberMember
(@gem84)

Posted : 09/06/2013 12:00 pm

UPDATE......day 7 and still breaking out more then normal and my skin feels like sand paper :(

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/08/2013 7:38 pm

Honestly I don't really see the problem with using salicylic acid at that concentration, considering you can do salicylic acid peels at strengths of 20% and 30%. However, with the peels you should not leave the acid on for longer than about 5 minutes, and never do it more than once a week.