Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have had acne since age 10 and I am now age 16. I have unsuccesfully tried about 5 antibiotics and every topical lotion and potion out there. Last year (age 14-15), I went on accutane for 6 months and it worked miracles. My experience was not unpleasant at all and by the end of my dosage I finally had beautiful, poreless, flawless skin. Now, about 9 months after finishing accutane my skin had gotten pretty bad once again. I had my doctor put me on birth control, Junel/Fe, in hopes that would help me regain my beautiful post accutane skin. I have been on Junel for about 3 weeks and my skin is a mess. I started breaking out within the first week and a half. I have not broken out like this since long before accutane. My cheeks and forehead feel so clogged. While i dont have any huge pimples, its more like three areas (cheeks and forehead) of clusters of acne that don't seem to budge no matter what i do to them. Is it normal to break out in the beginning of taking birth control for the first time? Will it eventually start clearing my skin? Or is my only option going for a second round of accutane? please help