Notifications
Clear all

Pictures Of My Acne Scarring

MemberMember
(@grumpygrouch)

Posted : 08/06/2013 6:28 am

So i finally got the courage to post these pictures... i can't even look at them without crying my eyes out.

i've NEVER picked at my skin and i still got left with scarring... it makes my heart brake. i'm just really depressed..

i have already lost all hope. I won't go outside, i haven't been out of my house for over a year now :/

i just can't get myself to face people.

i feel like if i can't get this under control i just don't want to live anymore.

what do you guys think? is there a way to fix my face? or am i just f*cked?

please me honest..

post-213743-0-34151400-1375787926_thumb.

post-213743-0-23112700-1375787943_thumb.

post-213743-0-95412400-1375787968_thumb.

post-213743-0-13073900-1375787995_thumb.

post-213743-0-34151400-1375787926_thumb.

post-213743-0-23112700-1375787943_thumb.

post-213743-0-95412400-1375787968_thumb.

post-213743-0-13073900-1375787995_thumb.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/06/2013 7:30 am

Hi! I saw from the pic that you put here it seems like you still have active acne. Is it right? if you still have active acne, you must get rid of them first. it is important to get rid of them first because you can't do treatment for scarring while you still have acne, it will make your acne worse. my suggestion for the scarring treatment is dermaroller. It helps to improve the collagen production from the depressed scar in the skin. V beam laser can also help for your post acne redness. the cons with these two treatment are costly (esp v beam laser) and you must make sure the dermatologist is qualified in treating scar (some derm aren't that good if it comes to laser treatment). Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 08/06/2013 7:56 am

Hey hon, don't despair! I think once you go through a good long period without acne your redness will fade and you'll be surprised how much better things look. I don't think your actual scarring is that bad at all - and I think it's good to start least invasive to more invasive. What are you doing for your acne?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/06/2013 7:56 am

i agree with the 1st poster about active acne.

treat ur active acne and try to prevent more breakouts and then heal the scars.

things will get better.

yes,i am being honest.

now i think u can smile.

u have really nice features anyway.=)

what are the things that u have tried?

diet?

topicals?

lifestyle?washes?meds?

how would u rate ur active acne?mild?moderate?

do u have dairy and gluten?

MemberMember
(@grumpygrouch)

Posted : 08/06/2013 9:23 pm

so how should i go about treatment? the only thing i'm doing at this moment are taking B5 (10 tablets a day)

i never really watch what i eat anymore... i did for awhile. but then i kinda just gave up, i''m also taking anti depressant pills.

i wash my face twice a day with CeraVe hydrating wash cleanser and then put on some MSM cream after every wash and leave that on all day and night.

i been wanting to ask my mom if she can help me start saving up money to get treatments done, first for my acne.. then for my scarring but i haven't brought it up to her yet because i have no clue what kind of treatments i need to do to get my acne under control and get rid of my acne scarring... if you guys could help me i would REALLY appreciate it. I just don't know where to go from here :(

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/06/2013 9:54 pm

Have you used BP before? when I first had acne, I used BP and it was a success. If you've used BP before and it was unsuccessful, maybe it's time to go to the doctor? the thing about acne, if you don't treat it properly they will cause scarring. if you're still young (<20), you don't need to worry about it, your skin still have much elasticity and will recover themselves after you get rid of your acne. now, you must treat your acne first. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/06/2013 10:26 pm

Hey!

Dnt feel sad! Please!:)

To be 100% honest, your scars...... Are NOT deep. They are pretty shallow. What makes them unsightly is the hyperpigmentation and redness from your acne and post acne.

I have scars too, but the redness just makes the 10X worse.

Id say start with dermarolling. It's pretty inexpensive.

There's a study about it that ive read and 2/3 of the people got good to exellent results.

Though, in my opinion, i think dermastamps are safer cause of angle of insertion and stuff etc.

use a 1.5mm dermastamp and do it every month or 4-6 weeks. Keep doing it for 3 to 5 months then evaluate.

Dont go to lasers yet. Those are very risky indeed. Those will be one of your last options. Plus it would probably cost you thousands of dollars.

I know it is hard to go out. But try going out slowly. First week, just go out for a jog, then second week, go shopping or something.

I promise you, no one gives a chicken about your skin. Ill admit though that it is sometimes hard but youll get through it. Just keep trying to go out. Keep trying till you can handle it. You'll be a better person in the end.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@grumpygrouch)

Posted : 08/07/2013 12:08 am

I'm 19 years old. and i'm about to be getting around 2,000 dollars here soon... in about 3 -4 months

so i'll look into dermarolling, but you think i should stay away from lasers? ps. what do you think i should do about the active acne?

i've heard about this red light/ green light thing thats suppose to be really good for getting acne to go away...

MemberMember
(@numan)

Posted : 08/07/2013 12:53 am

I think it is best that you should see a dermatologist regarding your acne instead before trying out anything else on here. A consultation session should be around $75-$200 and it is usually covered or co-paid by your health insurance. Remember, it is our skin and any money in that is an investment because it'll last us for a long long time.

Do tell your parents! It is something that they SHOULD know of, especially if you are conscious of it.

The dermatologist might recommend treatments like hormone therapy, Retin-A or Accutane; please please please (that's three times), FOLLOW their instructions down to the letter because it is crucial.

If the dermatologist recommends a topical product, DO NOT be too eager to use it too often and DO NOT have too high an expectation. Topicals are usually safer and more effective when used slowly, and they work over longer periods of time; again, always follow their instructions closely.

Laser treatments are your last resort, do not ever ever consider it as your first option because they are not often quick fixes. If the dermatologist recommends laser, always get a second opinion from another dermatologist instead, just to be sure.

Don't try derma-rolling or use topical creams in vain because it will potentially traumatize your skin! My skin was very dry and dead until I slowed down with the things I use on it to let it recover and regain balance.

Stay safe, stay healthy.

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 08/07/2013 12:56 am

I think something that may help with the discoloration might be either Ipl or a vbeam laser. MUST be with a great dr not some medispa place. I think once the redness has calmed down you will be much happier.

Don't stay inside. I can totally relate but it will only make you feel sooo much worse.