Problems With Dan&#...

Notifications
Clear all

Problems With Dan's Moisturiser

MemberMember
(@lyanna)

Posted : 08/05/2013 4:47 pm

This is my 2nd week on the regimen (3rd on Thursday). I have been using Dan's moisturiser with 5-6 drops jojoba oil from day 1, but lately things haven't gone so well. My face is getting more red and stings more every day when I apply Dan's moisturiser (It's not because of the jojoba oil). Should I change the moisturiser or keep going with Dan's as it is too early to change it?

I have some past experience with Cetaphil, but it just made my face really greasy and gave me more pimples.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on which moisturiser I should choose? Preferably with SPF. I've been reading a lot about different ones, but there are so many mixed reviews, I don't know what to choose.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/05/2013 5:09 pm

It's not the moisturiser per se, it's the BP mixed with it. I think you'd have this problem with any moisturiser once applied on top of BP, it'll go away eventually!

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/06/2013 2:44 pm

LewisS is totally right. My first few weeks on the Regimen, my skin would burn intensely when applying the moisturizer. I'm at week 5 and it doesn't anymore. Just wait for your skin to get properly adjusted to the BP. :)

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/06/2013 2:55 pm

I agree with all the above comments ..im in my 5th week also and it doesn't burn or itches anymore :)

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/06/2013 2:59 pm

I agree with all the above comments ..im in my 5th week also and it doesn't burn or itches anymore smile.png

Ooo we're at the same point in the Regimen! :D Hope it's going well for you!

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/06/2013 3:03 pm

Yes we r :) ...my face has cleared up a lot ..I had a breakout due to my period :( but happy to say its gone away already ..other than ..my skin has lots of uneven tones due to the peeling ..havent introduced the AHA as yet

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/06/2013 3:24 pm

Glad you've cleared! Me too! I'm breaking out a little bit because of a new birth control, and I popped way too much of a whitehead last week so it's coming back with a vengeance. Also going away quickly. :) Breakouts heal so much faster now! I'm also mostly uneven, but it's better than having active acne everywhere instead. I've been using AHA the past week, I highly recommend it. It makes your skin feel so much smoother and lightens it a lot. Also gets rid of flakes!

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/06/2013 3:26 pm

Well I'm living till in guyana

..so I'm waiting for the AHA to arrive ..but I'm really excited about the Aha ..read some good reviews :)

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/06/2013 11:13 pm

Glad you've cleared! Me too! I'm breaking out a little bit because of a new birth control, and I popped way too much of a whitehead last week so it's coming back with a vengeance. Also going away quickly. :) Breakouts heal so much faster now! I'm also mostly uneven, but it's better than having active acne everywhere instead. I've been using AHA the past week, I highly recommend it. It makes your skin feel so much smoother and lightens it a lot. Also gets rid of flakes!

How do u use the Aha? As Dan recommended it?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/07/2013 12:28 am

Agree with everyone else, its not the moisturiser its just your skin's reaction to the BP. It's an awful feeling, there is no denying it, but it does pass. Just hang in there till you get to the other side :)

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 08/07/2013 6:28 am

As everyone has said, yes it is the BP. However a bit of advice, would be to change how long you wait between BP and moisturiser. I have personally experimented 2, 5, 10, 15, 20 mins before applying moisturiser in the beginning phases. The results were all interestingly very different. I personally find waiting around 15 mins was the best time for me to reduce irritation. You may of course be different, however it is worth a try- but of course make sure the BP is fully absorbed, good luck :)

MemberMember
(@lyanna)

Posted : 08/07/2013 5:55 pm

Thanks for the replies! I really appreciate them. I've decided to keep using Dan's moisturiser for now. Would it be a good idea to use Olay's SPF moisturiser for sensitive skin in the mornings? Dan's moisturiser makes my face very greasy and I'm getting some disgusted looks from some customers at my job.

I must admit I'm not feeling very motivated about the regimen at the moment. When I woke up today I had gotten a large bump on the left side of my chin which I have never experienced before. I didn't think too much about it, but this evening when I was about to apply the regimen again, I noticed I had gotten another large bump on my right cheek. Is this bad? I really hope I'm not one of those 1-3% that are allergic to the treatment. I've tried so many things over the years without any luck. If I can't use the regimen, I don't know what to do... sad.png

underneath32: Thanks for the advice. So far I have always waited 15-20 minutes before applying the moisturiser.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/08/2013 7:56 am

Glad you've cleared! Me too! I'm breaking out a little bit because of a new birth control, and I popped way too much of a whitehead last week so it's coming back with a vengeance. Also going away quickly. smile.png Breakouts heal so much faster now! I'm also mostly uneven, but it's better than having active acne everywhere instead. I've been using AHA the past week, I highly recommend it. It makes your skin feel so much smoother and lightens it a lot. Also gets rid of flakes!

How do u use the Aha? As Dan recommended it?

Yeah, I've been mixing it in with my moisturizer every night, but I also take a few nights out of the week to use it by itself. I also spot treat in the morning. Such a great product haha.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/08/2013 2:01 pm

Ok great ...thanks :)

Happy to see ..I have no new breakouts ...yayy ...hope it stays this way..starting my 6th week tomorrow :)

MemberMember
(@lyanna)

Posted : 08/27/2013 12:33 pm

Thanks for the replies! I really appreciate them. I've decided to keep using Dan's moisturiser for now. Would it be a good idea to use Olay's SPF moisturiser for sensitive skin in the mornings? Dan's moisturiser makes my face very greasy and I'm getting some disgusted looks from some customers at my job.

I must admit I'm not feeling very motivated about the regimen at the moment. When I woke up today I had gotten a large bump on the left side of my chin which I have never experienced before. I didn't think too much about it, but this evening when I was about to apply the regimen again, I noticed I had gotten another large bump on my right cheek. Is this bad? I really hope I'm not one of those 1-3% that are allergic to the treatment. I've tried so many things over the years without any luck. If I can't use the regimen, I don't know what to do... :(

underneath32: Thanks for the advice. So far I have always waited 15-20 minutes before applying the moisturiser.

No one knows? I'm in my fifth week now and the bumps are still there.

MemberMember
(@beholi)

Posted : 08/27/2013 4:07 pm

citphil has come out with an oil free foam cleanser and oil free moisterizer with (15) sun block. I love it.