Notifications
Clear all

Isotretinoin 5 Days In

MemberMember
(@conabb)

Posted : 08/05/2013 3:11 pm

Ive been on 30mg of isotretinoin (roaccutane) for 5 days and my eye brows are beginning to fall out! you cant see any patches or anything yet but i touch them and clumps of hair is coming out! Also for the last 2 days im getting sharp chest pains which feels as though someone is sitting on me. Im also feeling very rough, however i dont know whether thats just catching something or if its side effects. Im unsure whether the chest pain will be from the medication as its only my fifth day but its getting worse and its concerning, hope someone can enlighten me to whats happening or if something similar is happening?

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/05/2013 3:42 pm

I know very little about Isotretinoin and its side-effects never having taken it myself, but I would always advise getting any form of chest pain checked out by a doctor, especially if you think it's getting worse. Five days of any medication is enough to see side effects and chest pain can sometimes indicate something serious so it's definitely worth getting a professional medical opinion on it. Best to be on the safe side!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/05/2013 4:23 pm

I would recommend stopping the medication and contact our doctor and see what they say. The chest pains are concerning, something you need to talk with your doctor about. You could stop the medication for a few days and see if the effects you've been having go away. Maybe you need a lower dosage to ease you into the medication. Seriously though talk to the doctor, don't take advice from here when if comes to your health. Make sure you get it checked out