Notifications
Clear all

Dry Skin Patches From Benzoyl Peroxide Ointment

MemberMember
(@poeticgrape)

Posted : 08/05/2013 11:23 am

Hey everyone, I'm kinda new here so wasn't sure where to post this.

I used BP for a few weeks a while ago but I stopped because it made my skin so horribly dry and red and raw, and now a few months later I'm suffering from dry patches in the areas I applied it. It's not flaking or anything but when I put on foundation you can definitely see it.

I'm currently taking erythromycin which is what I used to get rid of my mild acne and I haven't broken out since I was on it but I have to keep taking it just in case. Could it be that?

Help!!! I hate the dryness and the sometimes itchiness of my skin. I just want normal skin and it's driving me crazy cry.gif

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/05/2013 12:23 pm

Try using some jojoba oil. That should fix it right up!

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 08/05/2013 12:39 pm

I Agree with Lewis, jojoba oil is wonderful for moisturizing~ You could also try CeraVe moisturizing cream.. it's amazing at getting rid of all the flakes and its just an awesome everyday moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@migszsz)

Posted : 08/06/2013 8:59 am

I Agree with Lewis, jojoba oil is wonderful for moisturizing~ You could also try CeraVe moisturizing cream.. it's amazing at getting rid of all the flakes and its just an awesome everyday moisturizer.

Id like to try jojoba oil because Im having the same problems as the OP. However my skin type is oily so would it be wise to still use jojoba oil?

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 08/06/2013 2:23 pm

how long did it takes for the red dry skin to fade? I've been using bp for 2 years and now on accutane. It's been 3 weeks so far and the red skin is still here.

also what product did you used?

MemberMember
(@zeldahasacne)

Posted : 08/08/2013 9:50 am

You should try using hydrocortisone cream such as fucibet as its an antibiotic and can help with the red sore areas.

I used it with Quinoderm (BP) and it works a charm!

MemberMember
(@supernova30)

Posted : 08/08/2013 4:40 pm

Definitely try jojoba oil - it has made such a difference in my skin. I really regret waiting so long to try it.

I have combination skin and struggled with dry patches from BP forever until I finally decided to add jojoba oil to my regime. I add 5-6 drops to my moisturizer at night and one drop during the day (it soaks in eventually but in the morning I don't have time to wait so I just do the one drop). It hasn't made skin oilier (might even be regulating oil production) and no breakouts in the 2-3 months I've been using it. No more flakes and my skin feels so much softer now!