Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lee22

My Dan's Regimen Journal!

October/16/04

Well, I tried to do my own regimen and it wasn't working at all. So, I'm going to give Dan's regimen a shot again. I started last night, and my skin is pretty dry, red, and itchy today. I really don't have that many active spots, it's mostly ugly redmarks. My problem spots are on my forehead and cheeks. Wish me luck! smile.gif

Good luck! Your acne doesn't look bad at all. A warning though...BP makes my red marks worse although it zaps the acne pretty well. Might not be an issue for you though since you have lighter skin than I do.

Thanks for your replies! smile.gif My skin is already looking MUCH better, and it's only the fourth day. I got a small initial breakout, but that's clearing up quickly. My forehead is totally clear now, and my cheeks are on the way there! At first the BP was making my skin extremely dry and red, but that's pretty much stopped too. It made a few of my red marks more red at first but now the skin in those areas is peeling a little and the scars are going away. I'll try to post some new pictures again soon!

Thanks for your replies! My skin is already looking MUCH better, and it's only the fourth day. I got a small initial breakout, but that's clearing up quickly. My forehead is totally clear now, and my cheeks are on the way there! At first the BP was making my skin extremely dry and red, but that's pretty much stopped too. It made a few of my red marks more red at first but now the skin in those areas is peeling a little and the scars are going away. I'll try to post some new pictures again soon

Day 6

Well, I've been really sticking to the regimen, and I do think it's working this time. I'm not sure if I mentioned it in my first post, but I only use BP at night (not twice a day). I don't have any active spots right now, but I do have many redmarks. My skin is not red anymore, but it is quite dry and itchy. I have the yucky peeling, but lotion is taking care of that. I'm also not sure if I mentioned this in my first post, but I don't wear make up at all either.

Alright this is my version of Dan's regimen:

Morning

Shower

When I get out of the shower I don't put anything on my skin, except when I have a really bad spot I'll put Neutrogena BP on it.

Lately I've been putting on just a very tiny dab of Clinique's lotion to dry flakey spots.

Make-up: I do not wear any type of makeup except Blistex chapstick and Lancome Juicy Tubes lip gloss.

Night

Shower

Wipe face with Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2

Apply BP

That's it! smile.gif

Yeah it is good that you dont use make-up, it fuckt up my skin. I would advice you not to apply BP under your nose since you almost dont have anything there. It made me red all around my nose and looked bad.

Youre going to look very good after this acne is gone. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply, deejoanna! smile.gif I used to use makeup when I first started breaking out, and it just made everything way worse. I was just covering up the problem as it got worse and worse. Not good! I'll also avoid putting BP under my nose. I was iffy about doing that anyway! smile.gif I'll post a new update and pictures later!

In case you havent noticed, your skin has become less and less oily throughout your tereatment. you should try to use less BP since your acne isnt too aweful, and the pimples you are getting are the kind that you get from dry skin (i think).

Thanks for your reply, rm10989. Actually, it's a good thing my face is much less oily. That's what I was hoping for! In the beginning my face was SOO oily and it was causing the breakouts. Now my forehead is completely clear, and I have no active blemishes right now on my face at all. The only thing you see left is icky redmarks!

Day 8

Wow! shock.gif I can't believe I've already been on the regimen for a week now. I think it's working pretty well! The dryness and peeling is starting to go away now, and my face isn't really all that red anymore. No active blemishes right now! biggrin.gif Just yucky red marks to get rid of now.

Day 11

I really can't belive how well the regimen is working for me! Even my redmarks look like they are fading. eusa_dance.gif My skin isn't red or itchy anymore, and it's not super dry anymore either. There is still abit of flakiness, but that's easily taken care of with a little lotion. My skin is just slightly oily now, but NOTHING like it was when I started the regimen. It's like normal oily now. I really do think the regimen is working for me! smile.gif I may actually have clear skin soon.

Day 17

Well, I've really stuck with the regimen. Even when my face was totally red, miserably itchy, and quite flakey. It was so very worth it! My skin isn't %100 clear yet, but I can see SUCH a huge differance since I started. I guess only you guys can understand how nice it is to be able to wake up in the morning, get ready, and not stress out completely about your face. I wouldn't even wear my glasses before because I could see every spot and scar that was on my face. Ugh! I still have redmarks, but those have faded signifigantly (which I did NOT think was going to happen). But not a single new pimple in several days, and even my skin tone looks more even.

Update!!

I'm sorry I haven't updated in awhile! I've already been on the regimen for 5 and half weeks now! smile.gif My skin is now basically clear and my red spots are still fading slowly. I do get a very very tiny little pimple every now and then, but that's about it! I'm going to continue to stick with the regimen precisely.

Pictures for week 5 and 1/2

My skin before starting the regimen:

user posted imageuser posted image

My skin now after 5 and 1/2 weeks on the regimen:

user posted imageuser posted image

I just wanted to say that your skin looks absolutely fabulous!! You are a shining example of the regimen's success!! Thank you for sharing your story to encourage others. I am on a variation of the regimen and considering starting over with the exact regimen to see if I can clear up like you did. Now get out there and have a great holiday season full of dates and confidence and flirting and smiles, because you look great and you deserve it!!