Notifications
Clear all

Can/should You Use Silicone Scar Sheets After Needling?

MemberMember
(@person889)

Posted : 08/02/2013 6:20 pm

I am going to start single needling and derma stamping my scars. My indented scars are right by my raised scars. I figured silicone sheets will bring down the raised scars and if I put the sheets on shortly after, and the days after I needle then they will be softened and the silicone scar sheets will be even more effective. However, I have heard that silicone scar sheets actually prevent collagen growth. Which I wouldn't want. But I have seen someone say that it only prevents "bad" collagen growth.

Could anyone clarify this for me?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/02/2013 9:34 pm

I apply copper peptides, others apply vitamin C serum....I would think you would want to keep the freshly needled scar open for several days, applying only a non occlusive topical....seems like the silicone sheets would impede the healing - I would wait 4 or 5 days after the needling to use the sheets, and use either CP or vitamin C topically

MemberMember
(@person889)

Posted : 08/02/2013 10:36 pm

I apply copper peptides, others apply vitamin C serum....I would think you would want to keep the freshly needled scar open for several days, applying only a non occlusive topical....seems like the silicone sheets would impede the healing - I would wait 4 or 5 days after the needling to use the sheets, and use either CP or vitamin C topically

can you tell me about the vitamin C serum you use? how/when you use it...how you make it...etc. thanks

also, does the vitamin c irritate your skin? i take vitamin c every day but i dont think i have ever applied vitamin c to my face.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/03/2013 7:01 am

I do not use the vitamin C serum, I use Copper Peptides- CP works well for me so I have never tried the vitamin C but it has gotten good reviews.

Check out the owndoc forum- that is how I started, I printed out her detailed instructions on how to needle - you'll find a lot of good info on this site too.

But for me, it's the derma stamp (not roller) and I apply CP right after, and I use Skin Biology's Super CP Serum....but my skin is so tough, I've done so much to it!

MemberMember
(@person889)

Posted : 08/04/2013 11:42 am

I do not use the vitamin C serum, I use Copper Peptides- CP works well for me so I have never tried the vitamin C but it has gotten good reviews.

Check out the owndoc forum- that is how I started, I printed out her detailed instructions on how to needle - you'll find a lot of good info on this site too.

But for me, it's the derma stamp (not roller) and I apply CP right after, and I use Skin Biology's Super CP Serum....but my skin is so tough, I've done so much to it!

And the super cp serum doesnt irritate your skin at all? even after stamping? what does the CP do exactly? how much have your scars improved?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/04/2013 9:12 pm

not at all - but my skin is tough - you may want to try a lower strength cp serum

on the skin biology website you can read about CPs, helps with scar remodelling, and skin healing.

I'm using raw aloe vera every day, and I use the derma stamp every week to 10 days followed by the CP for a couple of days - so I'm doing a few things and have been over the last several months....it always looks great the day or two after the derma stamping due to swelling, but the progress is slow and steady- skin tone is improving and the rolling scars are not as deep...% wise hard to say, but it has improved slowly

patience is the key with needling, a lot of people give up after a few months - if you use a larger needle the progress is faster, but there is more pain and more risk of issues

MemberMember
(@lisamarie1975)

Posted : 05/26/2021 4:46 am

I was debating doing this myself cause I almost hate sleeping without the patches now but I decided not to cause I'm worried the patch could pull up scabbing