Notifications
Clear all

21 Male Accutane Round 2

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/02/2013 5:57 pm

Well today marks the first day for my second course of Accutane. I was on it when I was 19 but my acne returned shortly after I finished. Im now 21 almost 22 and trying it again since I havent been able to stay clear with topicals. Im on 40 mg a day on the new version called Absorica. This came out last your and has Lidose technology. I guess it absorbs better and you dont need to take it with a high fat meal.

Anyway its day one so of course no changes yet..

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/02/2013 7:07 pm

Good luck sir! Keep us updated.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/02/2013 7:14 pm

Interesting about the Absorica. Does it cost most than normal Accutane?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/02/2013 7:30 pm

I know its was more than Claravis although I dont know exactly how much because I was taking a different amount of it.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/22/2013 9:28 pm

3 weeks in and Im definitely getting my initial breakout. Kinda sucks I was pretty clear for the first 2 week..

MemberMember
(@marissa-ashley)

Posted : 08/28/2013 10:31 am

good luck on your second round! at least you know it is working since you are getting the initial breakout!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 09/03/2013 1:30 pm

Here are some pictures about a month in..

MemberMember
(@mbbento)

Posted : 09/03/2013 9:17 pm

Is that all that's left of your IB?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 09/03/2013 9:40 pm

Pretty much. Im about at the end of week 5. It was a lot worse around week 3-4. My face cleared up pretty much, I still get a new spot every day or so, but my neck broke out the worst which is kinda weird for me.

MemberMember
(@marissa-ashley)

Posted : 09/16/2013 10:09 am

how is your skin doing now? hopefully much better!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 09/17/2013 7:50 pm

Well the last two weeks my neck area has been breaking out really bad but my face is clearing really good. I think its starting to clear up now though. Hopefully by next week Ill see good improvement.

MemberMember
(@marissa-ashley)

Posted : 09/18/2013 8:32 am

Well the last two weeks my neck area has been breaking out really bad but my face is clearing really good. I think its starting to clear up now though. Hopefully by next week Ill see good improvement.

im sorry to hear about your neck! but that is so great that your face is clearing up really well! i think you will definitely see good improvement by next week! i am currently on my 4th month of accutane and i am pretty clear except for some breakouts on my chest and shoulders. and i am hoping to stay awhile after i am off of it! how long was it til your acne came back?

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 09/18/2013 10:20 am

good luck... i myself have just taken 2nd dose of accutane... been several months since i finished and my skin seems pretty ok. still do get occasional breakouts but not as worse as when my acne started....

hope you get great results as well...

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 09/18/2013 12:08 pm

good luck... i myself have just taken 2nd dose of accutane... been several months since i finished and my skin seems pretty ok. still do get occasional breakouts but not as worse as when my acne started....

hope you get great results as well...

Thank you! Glad to hear it worked for you the second time. I would be completely happy with just a couple breakouts here and there so Ill keep my fingers crossed. Hope you stay clear!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 09/27/2013 3:22 pm

End of month 2 now still breaking out here and there but not as bad as before. I now Im alternating between 40mg and 80mg every other day so basically 60mg a day.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 10/05/2013 2:17 pm

About a week into Month 3. 40 / 80 mg every other day
MemberMember
(@jj)

Posted : 10/06/2013 5:57 am

Nice improvement, good luck with the rest of your course. Does your derm think this second course will give you a good chance of permanent remission? If not are you likely to try Accutane for a third time? I am considering a third course myself atm.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 10/06/2013 11:30 am

Nice improvement, good luck with the rest of your course. Does your derm think this second course will give you a good chance of permanent remission? If not are you likely to try Accutane for a third time? I am considering a third course myself atm.

I mean no one can be for sure it will stay in remission but the second course should definitely improve my chances. Well see though. I would consider a 3rd course if it came back bad but probably wont do any more than that. How bad was your acne before and now? And how much and how long were you on Accutane?

MemberMember
(@jj)

Posted : 10/07/2013 7:07 am

I mean no one can be for sure it will stay in remission but the second course should definitely improve my chances. Well see though. I would consider a 3rd course if it came back bad but probably wont do any more than that. How bad was your acne before and now? And how much and how long were you on Accutane?

Hey I did my 2 courses almost 12 years ago - one when I was 18 and one at 19. Acne came back each time within a few months of course ending. I did 60mg courses both times, around 5 months each. My acne was moderate before - lots and lots of pustules and papules but no cysts. Afterwards I was able to control it with Dan's Regimen but I'm sick of using this (have been using for the last 10 years) so am looking at Accutane again if it could possibly put me into remission this time. Also interested in low dose maintenance course. I have been using epiduo for the last 5 months which works okay but not well enough.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 10/07/2013 12:31 pm

Hey I did my 2 courses almost 12 years ago - one when I was 18 and one at 19. Acne came back each time within a few months of course ending. I did 60mg courses both times, around 5 months each. My acne was moderate before - lots and lots of pustules and papules but no cysts. Afterwards I was able to control it with Dan's Regimen but I'm sick of using this (have been using for the last 10 years) so am looking at Accutane again if it could possibly put me into remission this time. Also interested in low dose maintenance course. I have been using epiduo for the last 5 months which works okay but not well enough.

Yeah that sound similar to me aswell. Do you have oily skin too? I plan I getting a whole hormone blood test after this course and see if anything is out of wack also.

MemberMember
(@jj)

Posted : 10/08/2013 8:19 pm

Yeah I got oily skin. You are still young they saw you should grow out of acne by 25 so you could easily grow out of it in the next couple of years even if accutane doesn't give you remission. I'm 32 so no such luck for me.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 10/08/2013 8:57 pm

Yeah I got oily skin. You are still young they saw you should grow out of acne by 25 so you could easily grow out of it in the next couple of years even if accutane doesn't give you remission. I'm 32 so no such luck for me.

I hope so but if you didnt have any side effect from your previous 2 courses I would definitely try it again. It may be all you need to put yours into remission for good aswell.

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 10/09/2013 12:31 am

Your skin looks great !

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 10/26/2013 1:19 pm

Well my skin is pretty much clear now. I get a spot here and there from time to time. I got dropped back down to 40 mg a day for the next 2-3 months.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/02/2014 2:18 pm

Starting month 6 40mg a day. Skin is pretty clear just lots of redness which has really been annoying me. I have 2 months left of 40mg a day. Im debating if I want to do the full two months or not. I was suppose to be done this month but I have extra pills from when I was switching between 40mg and 80mg a day.