Notifications
Clear all

Enerjet Works For Scars - My Experience.

MemberMember
(@jaamber)

Posted : 08/02/2013 3:27 am

I'm new to this forum just created an account here to let u know about a treatment I had 3 weeks ago because I am so impressed with the results!! I live in the UK and went to see Dr Tapan Patel at Viva Clinic in Golders Green after suffering from moderate acne scarring on my cheeks (boxcars on left cheek and rolling on right). Dr Patel asked me if I would like to become involved for a trial he was doing for enerjet treatment - free of charge! Of course I jumped at the chance. Enerjet works by injecting fillers into the scars using a machine with a very fine but 6mm deep needle. It injects the filler with such force the filler disperses into the skin under the scar and acts like subsision breaking the scar tissue teathering the scar down and the filler raises it up.

I have had my acne scars since a really bad cystic acne attack aged 18 which lasted about a year. It was so bad I was suicidal at the time! It cleared up when I started taking diannette contraceptive pills. I learnt to live with the scars as I really thought there was no treatment for them. I have tried derma rolling, stamping and chemical peels with little effect.

Three weeks after the enerjet treatment I would say there is about a 50% improvement in the scars!! I have to go back for a second treatment in a few weeks. Some of the scars - I've counted about 14 - were really deeply pitted just below my left ear but they are so faint now I can cover them with make up and they are barely noticeable now.

I thought I would let you know if my experience just to give some hope!!! I know how low the scarring can get you - my scars are really old (I turn 40 in a few weeks) and I really had given up on the scars ever looking better. I am so happy!!!

I forgot to add I had fraxel as well at a different clinic. It made no difference to my scars whatso ever - expensive waste of money!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/02/2013 6:53 am

That is good news- the fillers themselves are temporary, but the subscision action can be permanent (sometimes it has to be done a few times).

What filler does the machine use?

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 08/02/2013 8:36 am

It used to be called airgent (there are a few posts on this forum about it). It also doesn't have an actual needle - it uses high pressure to inject HA into the scar.

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 08/02/2013 10:42 am

Can it be found in America?

Jaamber liked
MemberMember
(@jaamber)

Posted : 08/02/2013 11:46 am

Hyaluronic acid is used. It is a needle that's used penetrates up to 6mm - trust me I felt it and it left the needle marks afterwards. I'm pretty sure it would be available in USA. It's a treatment that was Invented in Israel according to the website. I'm so glad I had it done.

The doc did say the results could well be permanent as subscision is caused by the treatment. The fillers should last about a year before your body reabsorbs them. I have got some photos directly after the treatment and now but none before but the doc took some so will ask him if I can have copy then upload then here if I can figure out how.

MemberMember
(@jaamber)

Posted : 08/02/2013 12:04 pm

Just googled it - enerjet by perfaction has been given FDA clearance in the states so should be available soon. It's already available in Canada.

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 08/02/2013 12:16 pm

It was FDA approved on 2/16/09...Dumb American doctors.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/02/2013 3:31 pm

you had it done for free!?!? your sooo luckkyyy. im glad you had good results with the enerjet. america is slow at receiving treatments for some reason lol. theres only 2 places that have it in all of canada

MemberMember
(@jaamber)

Posted : 08/02/2013 4:16 pm

Yes!! I just replied to your topic about airgent. Your photo looks like my face did a day or two after. I was running to the mirror every 5 mins to check if there's any noticeable difference! I hope your results will be as good as mine. X

MemberMember
(@mikae)

Posted : 08/02/2013 4:25 pm

The doc did say the results could well be permanent as subscision is caused by the treatment. The fillers should last about a year before your body reabsorbs them.

How is this supposed to be better than a regular subcision when the fillers are reabsorbed?

What made you choose this paticular doctor?

MemberMember
(@jaamber)

Posted : 08/02/2013 4:29 pm

Because the fillers are injected with such force the teathering is snapped and the filler stops it from reAttaching which can be a problem with some subsision. By the time the fillers are reabsorbed the scar should stay permanently unattached. I chose my doc just cos I read good reviews and his prices seemed more reasonable than others. I actually went to see him to discuss subsision so when he mentioned the enerjet trial (and the fact it was free), he had me interested!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/02/2013 4:36 pm

no_hope, where in Canada can you get this treatment? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 08/02/2013 5:11 pm

Sounds promising. Please keep us updated on how it works for you! It must be a great feeling to get such noticeable improvements. :) Congrats!

If you can later on specify on what the long-term improvement is or how often you need to get new fillers, that would be great. And also I'd like to know how your boxcars respond to this treatment, as they're not usually that suitable for fillers.

MemberMember
(@mikae)

Posted : 08/02/2013 5:11 pm

Ok, thanks. Where can I find those reviews, Jaamber?

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/02/2013 8:22 pm

Yes!! I just replied to your topic about airgent. Your photo looks like my face did a day or two after. I was running to the mirror every 5 mins to check if there's any noticeable difference! I hope your results will be as good as mine. X

hahah really? what did you use for the pin point bleeding marks? i just put polysporin on them. the swelling is basically all the wayt down exept for one spot. im worried about red marks being left behind.

no_hope, where in Canada can you get this treatment? Thanks!

i had it done in brampton ontario. im from toronto so it wasnt too far for me.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/02/2013 9:36 pm

keep us posted over the next few weeks - it sounds interesting, and I just might consider the drive to Brampton if you are seeing results

MemberMember
(@jaamber)

Posted : 08/03/2013 1:31 am

Just google the dr name Tapan Patel and check out the website viva clinic

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/03/2013 1:31 am

Hyaluronic acid is used. It is a needle that's used penetrates up to 6mm - trust me I felt it and it left the needle marks afterwards. I'm pretty sure it would be available in USA. It's a treatment that was Invented in Israel according to the website. I'm so glad I had it done.

The doc did say the results could well be permanent as subscision is caused by the treatment. The fillers should last about a year before your body reabsorbs them. I have got some photos directly after the treatment and now but none before but the doc took some so will ask him if I can have copy then upload then here if I can figure out how.

It is a "diluted" hyaluronic acid, specifically formulated for this device. Also, there are no needles. It is pneumatically driven (air). The marks you saw left behind were the spots where the "filler" was blown into your skin. wink.png A tiny precision head makes contact with your skin and the HA solution is driven into your skin by air pressure. And... there is no way that it penetrates to 6mm deep. Your skin is only 2mm deep so 6mm is going into your muscle!

It disperses laterally, causing a subscision-like result. Exciting and interesting!

Having said that I am so glad you had good results! I have been looking into Aigent/EnerJet for a while now so I'm glad to see that it's still being studied. All the best with your treatments and please keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@jaamber)

Posted : 08/03/2013 2:01 am

I just left the marks alone after washing my face and toning used regular moisturiser and that was it. They last about a week before the scabs fall off.

You should go back to your dr and complain about the scars he missed he should redo it for free hopefully.

I will definitely keep you all updated. The treatment worked great on my boxcars. The dr said the only thing it won't help are ice pick scars - thankfully I don't have them.

Hey Quirky fox I copied and pasted this off their website

Jet Volumetric RemodelingTM - JVRTM proprietary technology simultaneously delivers kinetic energy and a healing compound causing a deep (up to 6mm) volumetric injury effect for the remodeling of the dermis. This parallel effect of a deep injury and a healing compound induces dermal neogenesis. HA molecules absorb water for rapid skin healing and result in an immediate visible improvement. Dermal healing augments collagen generation to create tighter tissue, replacing skin imperfections for long-lasting, healthy aesthetic affects.

When the machine was running I noticed it was at a 6 setting which he used on my deep scars below my ear which he then turned down to 2.5 for my cheeks. Your right about it not being a needle! Sorry about that - it feels like one so I thought it was.

I just reread the paragraph on the enerjet website - the injury the unjection is up to 6 mm not the length of the injection. I understand now - doh!

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/03/2013 3:23 am

I just left the marks alone after washing my face and toning used regular moisturiser and that was it. They last about a week before the scabs fall off.

You should go back to your dr and complain about the scars he missed he should redo it for free hopefully.

I will definitely keep you all updated. The treatment worked great on my boxcars. The dr said the only thing it won't help are ice pick scars - thankfully I don't have them.

Hey Quirky fox I copied and pasted this off their website

Jet Volumetric RemodelingTM - JVRTM proprietary technology simultaneously delivers kinetic energy and a healing compound causing a deep (up to 6mm) volumetric injury effect for the remodeling of the dermis. This parallel effect of a deep injury and a healing compound induces dermal neogenesis. HA molecules absorb water for rapid skin healing and result in an immediate visible improvement. Dermal healing augments collagen generation to create tighter tissue, replacing skin imperfections for long-lasting, healthy aesthetic affects.

When the machine was running I noticed it was at a 6 setting which he used on my deep scars below my ear which he then turned down to 2.5 for my cheeks. Your right about it not being a needle! Sorry about that - it feels like one so I thought it was.

I just reread the paragraph on the enerjet website - the injury the unjection is up to 6 mm not the length of the injection. I understand now - doh!

Hehe, yeah sometimes the nitty gritty is not as black and white as it should be for us as the consumer. :) I am honestly super happy that it's working for you and I really hope that your results are long lasting! If you don't mind my asking... how did your rolling scars fair? I suffer from rolling scars and boxcar like you. I have had success with the Dermaroller but am seeking a "finishing" treatment. I've been considering EnerJet (or Airgent as it was called) but I was not sure whether it would have much effect on my rolling scars. Did you find that they were lifted with this? :)

Shame that it doesn't help for those suffering from ice-pick scars (I don't have these either) but with technology moving forward so quickly it won't be long before acne scars are a thing of the past!

xx

MemberMember
(@jaamber)

Posted : 08/03/2013 3:27 am

Yes it has helped my rolling scars - I just wish getting rid of scars wasn't so costly! Do you think I could still carry on stamping or rolling or would it affect the fillers? I will ask doc when I see him but what are your thoughts?

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/03/2013 7:37 am

I'm honestly not sure how that would affect your fillers. Since it's HA that's under your skin though it may be helpful in the production of new collagen if you were to continue skin needling. I think it'd be worth waiting until you've had all of your EnerJet treatments to consider it though. :)

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 08/03/2013 7:52 am

Isn't this similar to mesotherapy, which uses needles to disperse hyaluronic acid under the skin? Will this work on rolling scars which aren't tethered but caused by fat loss? Surely this is going to be something that you will have to do forever more if the fillers only last six to twelve months?

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/03/2013 9:10 am

It's not just about the fillers though wink.png. The way in which the filler is injected into your skin is key to how the EnerJet is unique. Because it's pneumatically driven the HA solution is injected so quickly into your skin it instantly spreads laterally (I believe it's a 1cm by 1cm area in each injection), causing a subcision-like effect. From there, it helps to hold your skin up while your body produces more collagen... so eventually, as the HA solution is absorbed, your skin should be healing itself naturally. It's a little like a subcision and filler in one.

Click here for How it works. Note "Figure 3" - Lateral dispersion of the HA induces an injury effect triggering collagen generation.

Fat loss is a whole different game though I think. :(

MemberMember
(@mikae)

Posted : 08/03/2013 9:54 am

Just google the dr name Tapan Patel and check out the website viva clinic

I didn't really find reviews other than the ones on his website which aren't objective. Most likely they are cherry picked.