Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin C

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/01/2013 12:48 pm

Hi guys!

Can't you just make your own vitamin c? I am aware that it is unstable to make your own and doesnt really get to the skin.

But, isnt there any natural fruits or something that has vitamin C that you can put on your skin instead?

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 08/01/2013 12:53 pm

I used Vitamin C internally for a few months but it didn't help, and then I started reading about the stuff covered here: http://www.naturalnews.com/040147_vitamin_c_ascorbic_acid_synthetic_vitamins.html so I quit.

I wouldn't put it on my face either.

MemberMember
(@enacopations)

Posted : 08/01/2013 1:22 pm

Have you tried baking soda and lemon?

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 08/01/2013 1:58 pm

You can make your own Vit C serum. There are instructions on owndoc.com and makeupalley.com.

MemberMember
(@remicade)

Posted : 08/01/2013 2:26 pm

You can buy Vitamin C (acidum ascorbicum) on the ebay, I make my own cream in small quantity and I store in a refrigerator, the chemical reaction of degradation are 2-3 times slower. You must take vit c externally for collagen boost, I use a 0.5 mm dermaroller gently and after I put my own cream with Vit C and in the same time I apply a copper peptide serum (copper peptide, hyaluronic acid, argireline).

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 08/01/2013 2:46 pm

Dont buy the shit they are selling.These acids harm the stomach.

You can use lemon applied on face or EVEN BETTER and trust me just take a small flesh of

pinneapple and rub it on your face.

Pineapple has bromelain that dissolves scars cell by cell.

MemberMember
(@remicade)

Posted : 08/01/2013 10:48 pm

How ? You must put this externally.

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 08/02/2013 10:00 am

How ? You must put this externally.

Dont put this poison on the face. You need real vitamin not synthetic.

Something that your body will appreciate and not just tell the blood to go the area so to remove the poison.

I totally believe avocado masks and applying pineapple and let it dry are one of the best building skin methods.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/02/2013 10:45 am

The vitamin c we make at home is hot stable. It oxidizes as soon as it comes contact with air making it unable to penetrate the skin. That's what i read. I also heard this from a dermatologist. If you want to make your own vitamin C you need stabolizers and other stuff thats is expensive hence vitamin c serums are expensive.

Im looking for a stable vitamin C that I dont have to buy or is atleast very cheap like fruits or something.

Panos,

Is there any studies of how vitamin C from lemon or pineapple when applied to the skin? I dont know if the vitamin C from those fruits are even enough or if they do penetrate the skin.

MemberMember
(@remicade)

Posted : 08/02/2013 12:23 pm

Natural vitamin C and synthetic have the same formula C6H8O6, levo izomer.

Read this please: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ro&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cosmetica-bio.ro%2Fvitamina_c_stabilizata_10_gr-73101.p.html%23.Ufvqdm3YGHo

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 08/02/2013 6:14 pm

No they dont unless stupid researchers think they can beat natural forms of life substances.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 08/02/2013 6:30 pm

Synthetic and natural ascorbic acid are the same, but in nature vitamin C comes with other chemical compounds besides ascorbic acid that may or may not affect how it works for your body and health. Because nature works in fairly complex ways and science still hasn't fully figured them out and probably never will, I prefer getting my nutrients from dietary sources, or supplements with dietary sources (e.g. camu camu extract for vitamin C). That still doesn't mean that the synthetic vitamin is "poison", or that anything from nature would be more effective or as effective as clinically tested pharmaceuticals.

I've got the vitamin C serum ingredients from owndoc.com for if I want to try topical vitamin C for treatment aftercare. Because ascorbic acid oxidises so fast, it seems like the best choice. So far I haven't tried it, I've just been taking (natural) vitamin C internally.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/03/2013 12:55 am

So is applying lemon as effective as applying a vitamin c serum?

MemberMember
(@remicade)

Posted : 08/03/2013 11:12 am

Only highly concentrated preparations (10% or more) deliver enough vitamin C to the cells to be topically effective. (link). In lemon we have 0,07 g Vit C / 100 g lemon = 0,07%. Too little....Maybe with dermarolling but I think it sting because citric acid :)

The second edition cream I will made :) will be 20% acidum ascorbicum.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/03/2013 4:41 pm

Only highly concentrated preparations (10% or more) deliver enough vitamin C to the cells to be topically effective. (link). In lemon we have 0,07 g Vit C / 100 g lemon = 0,07%. Too little....Maybe with dermarolling but I think it sting because citric acid smile.png

The second edition cream I will made smile.png will be 20% acidum ascorbicum.

I've found this a long time ago already.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/329154-daily-30-minute-massages-on-face-eradicates-scars/page-5

Read the reply about lemon juice from aquasea.

So... maybe lemon juice is effective?

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 08/03/2013 6:08 pm

Pineapple is good for this due to bromelain.

One of the most antiparasitic fruits on earth.

Cut a small flesh and begin to rub it on your face.Let it there for some time and rinse.It wont burn you.

I love pineapplechuck.gif