A Lot Of Small Whit...

Notifications
Clear all

A Lot Of Small Whiteheads Appearing Ever Since Starting The Regimen

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/01/2013 4:51 am

So my acne is pretty moderate to high, don't want to say severe since I don't get cysts, but I have a lot of acne on my right cheek especially.

I get whiteheads all the time, but I've gotten a lot of small whiteheads (10 or so) on my right cheek TODAY, the small ones you can take off by taking a napkin and wiping it off.

My chin has a moderately sized red bumped whitehead (don't know the terminology) on it, and the regimen seems to be working but struggling a bit. I don't see a new pimple forming anywhere, but the ones that I had are in limbo it seems.

I used proactiv for a while and it worked well but after a few days of going with the steps 100% 2 times a day as stated, it would stop working. I'm hopeful yet scared that dan's regimen won't work. :\

Also before starting the regimen I was using 10% face wash bp which worked 100% the first few days then stopped working completely. I used it for a month.

What do you think of the small whiteheads guys? I'm thinking it's dirt or something escaping thanks to the BP, I don't know. :s

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/01/2013 7:20 am

Same thing has been happening for me! I normally don't get whiteheads (my acne is usually the type that doesn't come to a head and is red and inflamed) but since starting the regimen I've been getting quite a few tiny whiteheads. I have no idea why but I think it might just be a stage that some people go through - though I don't know if anyone else has experienced this... I've just past the 1 month mark of me being on the regimen and the whiteheads seem to be subsiding and the normal breakouts I get are becoming much less frequent and smaller too - which is great!

So I'd suggest to try and not worry about it and stick with the regimen! Follow it as closely as possible and be gentle and patient and you'll be seeing great results soon :)

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/01/2013 9:56 am

Hey, that's totally normal. How long have you been on the Regimen? BP can put your skin through a purging phase, which happened to me, and I broke out with a whole bunch of whiteheads on my cheeks! But they cleared up within a few days (: not to worry, it's just a part of the process.

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/01/2013 1:18 pm

Hey, that's totally normal. How long have you been on the Regimen? BP can put your skin through a purging phase, which happened to me, and I broke out with a whole bunch of whiteheads on my cheeks! But they cleared up within a few days (: not to worry, it's just a part of the process.

For about 5 days. No new pimples today! This stuff seems to be working, I just hope it doesn't stop.

I've noticed my cheeks are getting noticeably more skin-colored..as opposed to being red with a lot of red, dying pimples etc.

I usually get a new pimple (or two) every day, so something good is happening.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/01/2013 1:29 pm

For about 5 days. No new pimples today! This stuff seems to be working, I just hope it doesn't stop.

I've noticed my cheeks are getting noticeably more skin-colored..as opposed to being red with a lot of red, dying pimples etc.

That's great! :D Just stay patient. It's takes most people 2-3 months before they're completely clear. The Regimen works because your skin will never become immune to BP. Just remember to ramp up the dosage during these first few weeks until you're using the full amount. Good luck (:

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/01/2013 6:13 pm

That's great! biggrin.png Just stay patient. It's takes most people 2-3 months before they're completely clear. The Regimen works because your skin will never become immune to BP. Just remember to ramp up the dosage during these first few weeks until you're using the full amount. Good luck (:

Well, I already use the full amount. My skin is surprisingly strong. My acne scars heal very well, etc. When I first started using proactiv the bp burned, but now I'm okay with BP. As long as I have moisturizer I can just handle any amounts of BP, no flakiness, dryness or irritation.

I really hope you can't become immune to BP, I already feel more confident about myself and I don't want to lose it.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/01/2013 8:54 pm

That's so lucky! My skin is extremely sensitive and red mark-prone.

And nope! It just keeps on oxygenating your skin (: it's constantly assaulting your skin, which actually sounds pretty horrible, but it's lovely because your skin will never adapt or form new acne after a few months!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/01/2013 10:27 pm

That's great! biggrin.png Just stay patient. It's takes most people 2-3 months before they're completely clear. The Regimen works because your skin will never become immune to BP. Just remember to ramp up the dosage during these first few weeks until you're using the full amount. Good luck (:

Well, I already use the full amount. My skin is surprisingly strong. My acne scars heal very well, etc. When I first started using proactiv the bp burned, but now I'm okay with BP. As long as I have moisturizer I can just handle any amounts of BP, no flakiness, dryness or irritation.

I really hope you can't become immune to BP, I already feel more confident about myself and I don't want to lose it.

If you are only in your first week and already using the full amount of BP, you may feel very sorry for yourself in a week's time. I would strongly advise that you cut back on the BP or there is a good chance you will end up chemically burning your skin and have to have a few days break to recover.

You may think your skin is special and very tough but it is very rare that someones skin can handle the full amount of BP straight away. You might get away with it for a week but not for much longer.

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/01/2013 10:51 pm

If you are only in your first week and already using the full amount of BP, you may feel very sorry for yourself in a week's time. I would strongly advise that you cut back on the BP or there is a good chance you will end up chemically burning your skin and have to have a few days break to recover.

You may think your skin is special and very tough but it is very rare that someones skin can handle the full amount of BP straight away. You might get away with it for a week but not for much longer.

I understand but I transferred from a 10% BP face wash to this without a break. I used the face wash twice a day. I also used proactiv before the face wash, so I think my face has been relieved of irritation if anything! What do you think?

That's so lucky! My skin is extremely sensitive and red mark-prone.

And nope! It just keeps on oxygenating your skin (: it's constantly assaulting your skin, which actually sounds pretty horrible, but it's lovely because your skin will never adapt or form new acne after a few months!

Thanks for the info, I figured since proactiv stopped working this would too but it's not showing any remorse this time around. No new pimples forming, no new whiteheads, :D.

*Bows down to the almighty Dan*

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/01/2013 10:54 pm

I think you could be one of the very few lucky ones but I sincerely doubt it. So many people go hard in the first week and then seriously regret it a week later.

To use myself as an example, I went down to applying 2 pumps of BP at night only, but every few weeks I went back to applying 2 pumps twice a day for a few days (if I felt my skin starting to feel a bit bumpy again) and after doing it for 3 days, my face would suddenly get really red and irritated in places. This was even though I was applying BP every single day. My skin still wasnt prepared for the sudden jump to two full pumps twice per day. (And this was after using BP twice a day for 6 months or so before dropping to once per day).

You might be one of the lucky ones, but why risk it? If you end up chemically burning your skin, you're going to end up setting yourself back 1 or 2 weeks. Slow and steady is the way to get on top of the regimen.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do though...and keep us informed with your progress. :)

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/01/2013 11:04 pm

I think you could be one of the very few lucky ones but I sincerely doubt it. So many people go hard in the first week and then seriously regret it a week later.

To use myself as an example, I went down to applying 2 pumps of BP at night only, but every few weeks I went back to applying 2 pumps twice a day for a few days (if I felt my skin starting to feel a bit bumpy again) and after doing it for 3 days, my face would suddenly get really red and irritated in places. This was even though I was applying BP every single day. My skin still wasnt prepared for the sudden jump to two full pumps twice per day. (And this was after using BP twice a day for 6 months or so before dropping to once per day).

You might be one of the lucky ones, but why risk it? If you end up chemically burning your skin, you're going to end up setting yourself back 1 or 2 weeks. Slow and steady is the way to get on top of the regimen.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do though...and keep us informed with your progress. smile.png

Well I guess I'll have to risk it, the risk of chemical burn doesn't outweigh the thrill of seeing my skin clear up completely. :D Thanks for the tips though.

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/02/2013 5:31 pm

okay, update: dryness, flakiness, and I'm sick of it. I guess you were right Aye, but at least I don't have a chemical burn.

This morning I only used the cleanser and moisturized, but no amount of moisturizer stops this dryness, for a few minutes yeah but then it starts flaking slightly.

I'm going to only use BP in the mornings starting tomorrow, and I'm going to start using a pea sized amount and work my way up. Why did I have to be so stubborn ;_;

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 08/02/2013 8:10 pm

Try using more BP 2 pumps of bp day and night should stop all your breakouts. I get those type of white bumps if I used a cream that doesn't work on me.

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/02/2013 8:34 pm

Try using more BP 2 pumps of bp day and night should stop all your breakouts. I get those type of white bumps if I used a cream that doesn't work on me.

I did use that much, and it was fine for a few days but now my skin won't stop being dry :(

I took a shower, washed everything off my face etc. and use lots of moisturizer but it's flaky and uncomfortably dry atm even though there's no bp on.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 08/02/2013 9:00 pm

You've past the dryness brink. Your two options now is restore your skin with moisturizer and jojoba oil or apply aquaphor on the weekend the whole day stay in your house for 3 days. Then your skin will be restored back to normal.

Moisturizor alone wont restore your skin back to normal you need jojoba oil.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/02/2013 9:08 pm

I think jojoba oil is a great thing to add in to help with dryness (if you don't already use it). The dryness is incredibly annoying but it does get better given time.

I also think it's a good idea to 'start over' in a way with the regimen and do what you said before - about slowing down with the BP / using less of it for a while so your skin gets used to this amount and the dryness and then keep working up to the full amount twice a day.

Or you could push on with the 2 pumps but I think that's asking for trouble in a way... I think that will create a lot more irritation and that's something we want to avoid as much as possible when it comes to acne.

Whatever you end up doing, good luck with it all!

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/02/2013 9:36 pm

You've past the dryness brink. Your two options now is restore your skin with moisturizer and jojoba oil or apply aquaphor on the weekend the whole day stay in your house for 3 days. Then your skin will be restored back to normal.

Moisturizor alone wont restore your skin back to normal you need jojoba oil.

What if I don't have jojoba oil? Moisturizer alone won't get my skin back to normal? Why sad.png

My skin is so tight and dry right now. Ugh. :S

edit: Okay, bought it.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/02/2013 9:53 pm

What moisturiser are you using?

Until you get jojoba oil, or even a different moisturiser, keep reapplying the moisturiser you have now during the day - that should help alleviate the tight feeling.

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/02/2013 10:50 pm

What moisturiser are you using?

Until you get jojoba oil, or even a different moisturiser, keep reapplying the moisturiser you have now during the day - that should help alleviate the tight feeling.

Acne.org moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 08/03/2013 8:22 pm

Moisturizor doesn't have a long lifespan. Jojoba has a long life span because its oil and doesn't get absorbed as fast as moisturizers.

After your moisturize you can put on jojoba oil as many times as you want it wont affect the strength of the benzoyl peroxide.