Notifications
Clear all

Concealer

MemberMember
(@celery)

Posted : 07/31/2013 10:48 am

Hello everyone :)

I was wondering what you have found to be the best concealers for covering blemishes. I have tried several but it just makes it look worse..? It looks cakey on my skin and doesn't blend isn't to skin. Just curious what your holy grail concealers were so I could try some out :)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/31/2013 11:36 am

i use avon stick concealer once in a while,with a q-tip only on PIH (spots).works fine,if not great!

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/31/2013 11:42 am

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer! It's amazingly good and has maracuja oil in it for extra moisture :3

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/31/2013 3:20 pm

CoverBlend by Exuviance, multi function concealer...it's spf 15

comes in four shades, I know not a lot, but a little dab goes a long way and it lasts all day....it covers hyperpigmentation really well, as well as active acne

I love it!

MemberMember
(@oceanic)

Posted : 08/02/2013 12:07 am

I use Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation as my concealer. It's the same as Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation. Then I brush on mineral makeup over it. Dermablend also sells cover creme, which supposedly has amazing coverage.

Now, I just need to find a good powder that will stay on for more than 2 hours. :P

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/03/2013 10:11 am

I love the coverage of my MAC Studio Fix concealer. I use it to cover up active acne or hyper pigmentation spots. Blends really well with the skin and their shade range is pretty good.

MemberMember
(@supernova30)

Posted : 08/08/2013 7:02 pm

I have recently discovered Makeup Forever's full concealer. It is very highly pigmented, water proof, and lasts all day.

I found the best way to apply it is with a fingertip or for areas that need more precision, I use a sponge to get it in the right spot then blend with a fingertip. It dries fast so you don't have a ton of time to play with it but it layers on really nicely (much better than dermablend in my opinion). The container says to apply before foundation but I find it works better after (foundation layered on top just disturbs the finish), then top with a powder.

I highly recommend starting with a sample from sephora (they'll just give it to you if you ask) to make sure you get the right colour and that it's a product you like (we're all different). It's pricy but the container easily dispenses tiny amounts so you don't end up using too much.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/15/2013 7:58 pm

I use Mac also. Wonderful coverage.

MemberMember
(@enacopations)

Posted : 08/16/2013 12:48 pm

I use wet n wild cover all palette, it has 4 different concealers :)

MemberMember
(@2muchacne2littletime)

Posted : 08/25/2013 1:53 pm

Clinique! The acne one. A concealer brush makes all the difference.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/28/2013 6:18 pm

i use dermablend concealer in the small little tube. Im not an avid using of it because i dont like using a lot of makeup but this does the job great. And if you have dry skin i know nars has an awesome concealer. Also dont get a concealer thats mixed with treatments (with acne fighting medicine) i absolutely dont understand why makeup companies do this. I believe in treatment in your skincare and not with your makeup. Go to an Ulta and walk around and swatch some con sealers (like dermablend) - but they dont sell nars there which saddens me. Anyways good luck with your quest!