Notifications
Clear all

Sunken Skin After Excision

MemberMember
(@ensi)

Posted : 07/31/2013 8:08 am

I had excision done two weeks ago on two boxcar scars on the cheeks. Now there are small lines where the scars were, and that is what I expected, but the area around the line is also indented. The whole scars were cut out so it's not the scar anymore but it looks like sunken skin (like a rolling scar). Has anyone experienced anything like that? Is it possible that it will get better with time? I have internal stiches that are still dissolving.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 07/31/2013 9:12 am

How deep were the boxcars? The only thing that comes to my mind (and I'm just guessing) is that perhaps the scarring continued deeper to the level where rolling scars occured, and this part wasn't excised and is still there. Do you think this could be possible in your case? There might be some other reasons for the indentation too though, I'm just not experienced enough to know.

You're still healing, so perhaps the indentations will fill in. And if not, I don't see why subcisions and fillers wouldn't help correct them. Best of luck with the healing process! It's good you have internal stitching as well. :)

MemberMember
(@ensi)

Posted : 07/31/2013 11:56 am

the boxcar scars were 3/4 mm wide, 1,5 mm deep. and nothing except a line is left of them. the indentation that I now have wasn't there before the ecxision. I'm also thinking of fillers if it doesn't fill in.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/31/2013 3:58 pm

fillers should do the trick. where did you have the exision done? are those the only two scars you had? i have a cluster of boxcars in the same area therefore i wouldnt be a good candidate for excision which sucks.

MemberMember
(@theng)

Posted : 08/01/2013 12:36 am

according to my Dr, after punch excision it might turned "dog ear deformity". punch+excision.jpg

MemberMember
(@ensi)

Posted : 08/01/2013 7:38 am

no_hope

They weren't the only scars I had. I have multiple other mild scars all over my face, except for the forehead. But these two scars weren't in clusters with any others. I had my excision done in Poland.

Theng

What is dog ear deformity?

MemberMember
(@jaamber)

Posted : 08/05/2013 1:54 pm

Have you been suctioning? I read some people get the Hoover stick and suction their face after subsision to stop the skin reattaching to the scar. U should start it 2 days after the procedure. Or look into enerjet treatment similar to subsision but the scar is filled in with a filler as well so it plumps out

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 08/05/2013 3:36 pm

I don't know if suctioning is a good idea after an excision. It could cause complications to the healing excision wound, which you don't want. But massaging is probably alright.

How big is the indentation, ensi? When did it first appear?

MemberMember
(@ensi)

Posted : 08/06/2013 2:22 pm

I don't think I will do the sunctioning. I'm afraid it will mess with the dissolvable stitches that I still have. The indentation is pretty big. In one place it's three times wider and twice as deep as the excised scar was. I feel disfigured when I look at it now. In the other place it's smaller, just around the excision line. It was there right after I removed steri strips. My doctor told me to massage it, so that's what I'm doing.

MemberMember
(@theng)

Posted : 08/27/2013 12:33 am

no_hope

They weren't the only scars I had. I have multiple other mild scars all over my face, except for the forehead. But these two scars weren't in clusters with any others. I had my excision done in Poland.

Theng

What is dog ear deformity?

dor ear defomity means sunken, like the pic i posted.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 09/28/2013 6:34 pm

This happened to me with a large excision I had on the cheek. I believe the indentation after an excision is due to the edges pulling apart underneath the skin. that is why they do internal sutures, to relieve this tension. I'm surprised this is happening to you because you stated that your doc did use internal sutures. Goes to show the excisions are unpredictable.