Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
metalicz

Constant Whiteheads And Zits

Hello all,

I'm having issues with my acne right now. Right now I'm 17 years old and have been battling constant whitehead breakouts since the past year. Before then I would get mild acne with the occasional whitehead (didn't care, hormones were acting up of course), but up to my junior year in high school it has gotten worse. I would break out daily, getting pimples that would turn into whiteheads by the next day. Stress probably was the cause of this. It's summer though, but the acne issue has gotten a bit worse once more. I'd get a cyst now and then, but would have to go through 4-5 whiteheads and zits where some may pop out on its own as well. It's becoming a bigger problem to me and I'd like to know what's up.

I blame my oily skin mainly for the cause of this, as I would contract a lot of oil on my face easily. I counteract this by washing my face 2-3 times a day and use a cleanser, but the cleanser would end up causing another pimple to form once more. Even though I use benzoyl peroxide and tea tree oil as topical treatments, they both seem to be gradually ineffective towards my acne.

So I ask of you all this: Is there a good way to regulate my oily skin and the production of sebum? I'd like to know before this acne situation gets worse. Thanks!