Notifications
Clear all

Time To Heal Skin? (Pic)

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 07/30/2013 7:42 pm

Hi there, I had overused of benzoyl peroxide/differin in the past and I damaged my skin. I'm now on accutane (medium dosage, started at 20mg and will go to 40mg as a 180lbs male) so I don't irritate my skin with topical anymore.

here's a shot

/

/

Anyone know how long it will take to heal and what I can do to accelerate the process? Right now I'm simply washing with ceraVe and use Avene Cicalfate before going to sleep.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@isaacneedshelp)

Posted : 07/30/2013 8:24 pm

Im going through the same problem just leave it alone dont, DONT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put nothing on it it will make it worse i know -.-

About 3 weeks drink plenty water and eat alot of vitamin C & A

Vitamin C : Oranges <3 ! Apples ^.^

Vitamin A : Carrots ^.^, ect........

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 07/31/2013 8:11 am

Hi, I can't take vitamins A since I'm already on accutane :P, I'll look into vitamin C.

I'll be honest, I have no choice to use a moisturizer otherwise my skin is peeling very badly (I have dry skin)

I'm doing my best to ''rehydrate'' my skin!

MemberMember
(@scotty8996)

Posted : 07/31/2013 9:03 am

I'm going through the same thing too. Over use of B.P and alcohol based products have left my cheeks with a red patchy eczema like condition. I'm planning on leaving my face alone for about a month, see where that takes me. I think it's important that we leave our skin alone for a while, at least until the skin is able to renew itself. I'm not sure how long it takes to renew, but I'm sure it's about a month or so. I think by cleansing every day with warm water and face wash, were disturbing the healing process before it's even had a chance to begin. But same as you, because my skin is extremely dry, I have to moisturise. So a few days ago, I washed my face with a mild organic cleanser, followed by oat milk, rinsed off with cold bottled water, and applied an organic balm. It's day 3 now of leaving it alone and the redness has subsided a little. Maybe it's worth you trying too ? We can be mucky together ! >__<

Green Tea is meant to speed healing up.

Using oat milk can reduce redness and itching. (best not to buy shop bought as normally it's nearly all water with added preservatives etc and very little milk. You can make your own by putting oats and warm water (use distilled or bottled) in a blender. You can put it through a sive to make it smoother).

Whatever you choose to do, I think the oat milk will be a good substitute for cleanser

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 07/31/2013 9:36 pm

Thanks for the advice, I'll look at it! I'll keep using Cicalfate and I'll tell you if I get results from it (actually my derm told me to try it).

I can't believe we are the only one facing this, I have a kind of date in a month, would like to fade it asap!

@Valentina; is it you on the picture!?

MemberMember
(@umaid619)

Posted : 07/31/2013 9:50 pm

since your already using an moisturizers, i suggest you use one that contains vitamin C,(my one is Organic and contains 75% vitamin C) i use to use a normal one for ages, and it did nothing, where as the vitamin C one, after a week i'm seeing improvement! it boosts collagen production, that may be why, give it a go

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 08/01/2013 7:38 am

Use a combination of hydroquinone and retin a. Also, learn to apply makeup if this temporary problem is bothering you.

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 08/01/2013 9:37 am

I can't use anything harsh on my skin since I'm on accutane :/

I think i'll try an hydrating serum to go under my regular moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 08/01/2013 9:39 am

Maybe exfoliate your skin often?

MemberMember
(@scotty8996)

Posted : 08/01/2013 12:15 pm

Thanks for the advice, I'll look at it! I'll keep using Cicalfate and I'll tell you if I get results from it (actually my derm told me to try it).

I can't believe we are the only one facing this, I have a kind of date in a month, would like to fade it asap!

@Valentina; is it you on the picture!?

Is your damaged skin itchy at all ? Mine itches like a son of a bitch. It's crazy and keeps me awake for nights.

I've been diagnosed with a type of eczema called cumulative irritant dermatitis. Which is caused by years of putting mild irritants on your skin until it's so dry and damaged, dermatitis devolops. I was just thinking, if yours is itchy too then it could be the same condition weve got.

The photo is me but that was a while ago. I'm a complete mess now ;( so all past photos are a distant memory of what was once a happier time than this damn one.

MemberMember
(@baldonius)

Posted : 08/01/2013 1:07 pm

I'm not so sure about benzyl peroxide, but in any case remember to be patient with it. These things don't take days, but weeks and months.

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 08/01/2013 3:25 pm

Benzoyl Peroxide indirectly caused it (after 2 years of use), my skin is dry naturally so my skin is now extra dry.

It's not itchy at all, it's simply red and peeling. I don't have eczema/rosacea but simply deshydrated skin.

I'm going to look into Aveeno products, I'll let you know if it works.

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 08/01/2013 4:27 pm

Hey, your skin looks great btw, happy for you:)

I guess obviously, it would seem you don't need any harsh skincare products to use if your breakouts are minimized, just focus on moisurising with a really good moisturiser that doesn't clog your pores personally. I was using BP awhile back, 2 years ago, and It really really messed my skin up, it dried it out completely and I was red and blotchy all over, it did work for the spots but the peeling and dryness made it ultimately worse because I was just getting under the skin cysts from all the dry peely skin.