I Feel Like Im Abou...

Notifications
Clear all

I Feel Like Im About To Give Up Bp 🙁

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/30/2013 7:03 pm

Guys i need support :( im on my 6th week and 2nd day and yesterday i thought i was about to clear up till i saw new breakouts on my forehead and cheeks :(((((( its so disappointing and it really puts me in a bad mood </3 :(

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/30/2013 7:17 pm

Try 2 full pumps of bp day and night. This should stop your breakouts on the spot.

MemberMember
(@jepooley)

Posted : 07/30/2013 7:34 pm

Don't give up! It took me about 6 months to get completely clear. Just be patient I promise you won't regret it!

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/30/2013 8:47 pm

Never give up stick with it. And if it don't work try something and keep trying to you find it. I never gave up and finally came up with something that worked.

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 07/31/2013 12:04 am

What do you think is causing those breakouts?

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/31/2013 9:21 am

Just stick it out for three months or so. Think about it: this treatment is kinda working, right? If you stop now, you'll have to find a different one, and while you look for one, you'll probably break out worse than you are now. Breakouts while on BP are expected, especially since it's still relatively early on. However, gradually there should be less and less breakouts, until they are either minimal or gone completely, because by that point your skin has been recycled several times over, all the gunk that's been building under there has been pushed out, and BP is now working under your skin to kill acne bacteria before it surfaces.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/31/2013 11:34 am

Just stick it out for three months or so. Think about it: this treatment is kinda working, right? If you stop now, you'll have to find a different one, and while you look for one, you'll probably break out worse than you are now. Breakouts while on BP are expected, especially since it's still relatively early on. However, gradually there should be less and less breakouts, until they are either minimal or gone completely, because by that point your skin has been recycled several times over, all the gunk that's been building under there has been pushed out, and BP is now working under your skin to kill acne bacteria before it surfaces.

Woah, thats how BP works? Awesome, I never knew! :D

By the way it looks like we started the Regimen at the same time! Hope it's going well for you :)

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/31/2013 12:27 pm

Woah, thats how BP works? Awesome, I never knew! biggrin.png

By the way it looks like we started the Regimen at the same time! Hope it's going well for you smile.png

My results have been pretty awesome. I just put up a progress pic in my log... it's kinda nasty though, since most of my acne was clustered around my mouth... but looking at before / after pics really helps me feel optimistic, and helps me to forget any minor breakouts I may be having at the moment, because I realize that it used to be much, MUCH worse. :)

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/31/2013 12:30 pm

Woah, thats how BP works? Awesome, I never knew! biggrin.png

By the way it looks like we started the Regimen at the same time! Hope it's going well for you smile.png

My results have been pretty awesome. I just put up a progress pic in my log... it's kinda nasty though, since most of my acne was clustered around my mouth... but looking at before / after pics really helps me feel optimistic, and helps me to forget any minor breakouts I may be having at the moment, because I realize that it used to be much, MUCH worse. smile.png

Wow, I just checked them out and your results so far are great! My skin seems to be healing the same way. It's a relief to see similar results after about a month. I keep forgetting that it's technically only 1/3 of the way into the Regimen. I also take progress pics to stay optimistic, although I purged last week. But getting better now! biggrin.png I wish you the best of luck.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 07/31/2013 1:08 pm

Realistically you should expect breakouts until week 10, BP doesnt halt the acne process to a grinding stop it slowly works it way through the skin, which renews in 30 days cycles, so your skin has to go through a couple of these cycles to clear out any acne bacteria thats in the deeper levels of the skin.

Also its important to remember that the regimen isnt a magical acne cure, it only keept the sympoms under control - if youre going from 10+ new spots every morning to one per week, then thats still 'under control' and doesnt mean the regimen isnt working for you. And if you havent introduced AHA to the regimen yet then that could be the extra boost you need to get rid of those last stubborn few.

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 08/01/2013 7:34 am

"If it aint broke dont fix it." If it is broke, you should fix it. The regimen didn't work for me either. Benzoyl peroxide has been shown to prolong redness and possibly decrease collagen production. I would recommend using retin-a long term and an antibiotic for 8 weeks or less, to drastically reduce the bacterial populations in your skin. If you can't attain prescriptions, try sulfur/ sulfacetamide masks and 2% salicyclic face washes.

Also, consume these over the counter supplements with these dosages: 750 mg, zinc 25 mg, copper 1.5 mg, and 500 mg folic acid. These have been scientifically proven to reduce acne. This is the scientific journal that this is found in http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16871775

PM me if you have any questions.

MemberMember
(@mariahg)

Posted : 08/03/2013 7:01 pm

Please do not give up! It took me about 4 months to get clear, hang in there!

You can check out my gallery to see my journey on the regimen, and hopefully that'll make you feel better :)