Notifications
Clear all

Am I Going To Have Acne Forever?

MemberMember
(@imjewels)

Posted : 07/29/2013 7:39 pm

I'm a 17 year old girl who started getting pimples at 11. It's had gotten mild-moderate at 15. It's also chronic acne. I'm trying dans regimen right now. My dad had really bad acne from 17-23 but he outgrew it and has beautiful skin to this day. My mom had perfect skin her whole life. It's perfect. I feel hopeless because I'm scared this is forever :( I went to the dermatologists and they prescribed me crap anti biotics...

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/29/2013 7:59 pm

If you have the regime, then make sure you follow it precisely and don't get lazy. You will not have it forever however you need to prevent acne in the mean time, then hopefully you will out grow it like your father did. If the dermatologist gave you antibiotics, be patient and run its full course, they wont usually work overnight. Stay positive, you are so young and still have so much to offer. :)

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 07/29/2013 11:46 pm

Don't worry, it does always seem like acne will go on forever but it's not, and I'm sure everyone who has acne thinks about their acne like that (me included). But the regimen is very effective, I'm using it now and I'm getting great results, and I'm sure you'll get great results too. Don't take antibiotics for acne they only work temporarily and will make your acne worse in the long run. Be positive and stay on the regimen, this website and forum is full of support and great advice. Don't feel like it's hopeless, we're all in this together and we'll all beat acne together smile.png

MemberMember
(@imjewels)

Posted : 08/01/2013 3:07 pm

Aww okay thanks guys you have given me some hope :') the regimen really has been working so far! Will continue it for sure!

MemberMember
(@imjewels)

Posted : 08/01/2013 3:07 pm

Aww okay thanks guys you have given me some hope :') the regimen really has been working so far! Will continue it for sure!

MemberMember
(@imjewels)

Posted : 08/02/2013 7:34 pm

I got told since I'm a woman I'm going to have acne for life. That's not true for every case right? Because I know many women myself who have never been bothered by acne after their teen years..

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 08/02/2013 8:22 pm

I know you find what works for you!

MemberMember
(@imjewels)

Posted : 08/02/2013 9:27 pm

Thank you! I think the regimen might be a good treatment!:)

MemberMember
(@resolvingsilk)

Posted : 08/10/2013 7:52 pm

Yes your a female. Females have acne for life. I'm sorry to bring the burden of bad news.

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/10/2013 7:56 pm

Yes your a female. Females have acne for life. I'm sorry to bring the burden of bad news.

troll moar

MemberMember
(@resolvingsilk)

Posted : 08/10/2013 8:05 pm

troll moar

What?

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/10/2013 8:50 pm

troll moar

What?

I assumed you were trolling. Apparently I was wrong. I wish you were trolling.

MemberMember
(@resolvingsilk)

Posted : 08/10/2013 8:51 pm

troll moar

What?

Am not. Why do you wish that ?

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/10/2013 8:53 pm

troll moar

What?

Am not. Why do you wish that ?

Because females do not have acne for life?

MemberMember
(@resolvingsilk)

Posted : 08/10/2013 9:35 pm

Believe me they do. Over 50% of adult women have acne. That's a lot! I'm not saying all... But since she got it shes already predispositioned to it for life. It's just a fact of life. She will be battling this her whole life. There are lots of members whom have acne for life on here. It's just sadly a problem for women.

MemberMember
(@aiko11)

Posted : 08/10/2013 9:59 pm

Believe me they do. Over 50% of adult women have acne. That's a lot! I'm not saying all... But since she got it shes already predispositioned to it for life. It's just a fact of life. She will be battling this her whole life. There are lots of members whom have acne for life on here. It's just sadly a problem for women.

I appologize in advance but WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?

Why would you say that? Not only you set up your own forum saying women will have acne forever but you invite yourself to other people's conversations and spill out your none sense. PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE ME SICK.

it's NOT tru that woman cannot out grow acne, I know many women who had success.

Now at the same time i do know a couple who are still getting acne due to their "monthly" breakouts and I am assuming this is why you thought women can't out grow acne.

However, the frequency and duration of breakouts DEFINITELY goes down as you enter your twenties and so forth. It is still possible to get some zits here and there but those are so minor it will be nothing comapared to the peak in your teens.

I believe this site was created to 1) spread knowledge about acne so we can fight it efficiently and 2)encourage eachother emotionally along the battle, but you sir are doing neither. In fact, you are emotionally bringing all of us women down by telling us that we are going to get acne for the rest of our lives (again, which is not true). That's the equivalent of going up to a cancer patient and saying "hey, did you know you are going to die no matter how hard you try treating yourself? It's true, look at the statistics :D".

I hope that analogy was simple enough for you to understand and it expressed how discouraging you are to the person who made this forum.

I still cant understand how insensitive you were even though you must have suffered emotionally with acne as well :((

Lastly, Im sorry for any misunderstandings i MIGHT have made on you but this is so far how i felt when you repeatedly had to state women cant grow out of acne.

Now I shall be rushing to dinner since I am already late :(

Bodie81 liked
MemberMember
(@resolvingsilk)

Posted : 08/10/2013 10:02 pm

No there are tons of women who have horrible break outs there whole lives. It's only common sense. Unfortunately it doesn't go down with age. That's a common myth

MemberMember
(@aiko11)

Posted : 08/11/2013 1:20 am

No there are tons of women who have horrible break outs there whole lives. It's only common sense. Unfortunately it doesn't go down with age. That's a common myth

good for you, you can believe whatever you want. You obviously did not see the message. I only wanted to tell you that its very discouraging going around and telling your "common sense" to people who are actually trying. But thanks for not starting a nasty argument with me.

PS: by using the word "myth" you are refuting the validity of your own statement

MemberMember
(@veini6)

Posted : 08/11/2013 3:21 am

I was just like you when I was young, believe it or not, it will go away, is it because you have oily skin? Milk of Magnesia is the trick to help keep your skin dry and help with your acne. If you want their is more info on this website about acne, oily skin, makeup etc. this may help you *Moderator edit, URL removed please read the board rules*

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/11/2013 3:37 pm

Wow I didn't realise you were spreading this inaccurate view on other people's threads as well. I don't have much to add to what aiko11 said (which was bloomin' fantastic by the way!) other than to ask why on earth you think it's appropriate to continue to post comments that are both factually inaccurate and highly demoralising to any of the women on this forum who are unfortunate enough to believe you? And what does it matter to you anyway? Why do you insist on commenting unhelpfully on an issue to which you clearly have no useful knowledge to contribute and which is of no concern or relevance to you in the first place?!

Bodie81 liked
MemberMember
(@bodie81)

Posted : 08/11/2013 4:54 pm

I`d better not say what I really think about this - the moderators would probably ban me. What I would say is that if you truly believe the inaccurate propaganda that you are spreading is correct, you really are disturbed.

MemberMember
(@imjewels)

Posted : 08/11/2013 8:44 pm

I'm sadly incredibly gullible so this makes me paranoid.neutral.gif

MemberMember
(@resolvingsilk)

Posted : 08/11/2013 9:55 pm

Sorry though guys, look up outgrowing acne on YouTube: there's a video on there where I got my facts. Women can't outgrow acne.

And yahoo answers

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/11/2013 10:36 pm

Well then you must be right!

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/12/2013 5:18 am

I'm sadly incredibly gullible so this makes me paranoid.neutral.gif

This is exactly what I was worried about which is why I'm picking a fight when usually I always stay on the sidelines. Please don't be paranoid. I swear to you there are plenty of women who grow out of acne and you're only 17 so you have plenty of chance for doing so yet. Like I said in an earlier post, I have had a lot of female friends who have grown out of their acne at any age from about 16 to 20 and at 21 I'm personally hoping that it's still possible to do so after that age! I think it depends completely on your own body and rate of development but it is certainly not impossible for women to grow out of acne. To take a case in point, when was the last time you saw a woman over 50 with acne all over her face? I'm betting never. However, like I said, at the age of 17 you definitely don't need to be throwing in the towel just yet! You still have plenty of time to grow out of it and there are a lot of treatment paths you can go down in the meantime to keep it under control smile.png

Sorry though guys, look up outgrowing acne on YouTube: there's a video on there where I got my facts. Women can't outgrow acne.

And yahoo answers

I think the validity of any "facts" you found on YouTube or Yahoo answers is more than a little dubious so unless you can support what you say with scientific evidence forgive me if I continue to refute your claims.

I also wish to make it more clear to you the problem I have with the comments you're making on this forum. I never enter into confrontation because it's just not something I feel comfortable doing and I usually think it is either unnecessary or unwise. However, because of the impact these comments could potentially have on women who are less discerning (because of youth, inexperience etc.) I feel it is my duty to try to put these claims to rest and make you aware of the reality of what you are doing.

To illustrate, if I were to believe what you claim to be true in my current state of mind I really dread to think what I might do or how I might react. You are entering very dangerous territory when you make sweeping statements like these that can potentially eliminate a person's hope in life. Now, the other issue here is the complacency with which you are making these statements. "Sorry, better start accutane.." and "sorry to bring the burden of bad news" are not acceptable ways to be making any point on these forums because they show a total lack of respect and sensitivity towards the people at whom they're directed. Unless you think that women are such inferior creatures that they are unworthy of human compassion and understanding (in which case I'm afraid there's no hope for you) then I suggest you think very carefully about the potentially devastating impact of your recent actions on these forums before posting any more inaccurate and insensitive comments.