Pleasantly Surprise...

Notifications
Clear all

Pleasantly Surprised With The Regimen Thus Far

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 07/29/2013 2:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been on these forums for many years. A quick overview of my acne history: Started in my early teens with a mixture of acne and rosacea. I've tried every treatment under the sun, including Proactive, almost all OTC products, I've ordered expensive products online as well, I've used Accutane, birth control (Diane 35), antibiotics, cleanses, diets (no dairy, paleo, juicing), and some dermatology clinic treatments as well such as microdermabrasian and the levulan with blue light. Although some of these treatments may have worked temporarily (like Accutane and birth control, even proactive), there was never any long-term success. My acne has mostly been closed comeodones that would occasionally turn into whiteheads. With the harsh products that I would use, I think that's why my skin would be so red and I was possibly getting hyperpigmentation. When I joined these forms years ago, I never had any intention of using the regiment. This was because I had used bp products before and although there was some benefit, my skin would get addicted to them, and they seemed to cause a lot of red spots, and also my skin would get this really lifeless look to it. I also hate the bleaching effect. Well, in the past year my skin has progressed in terms of mostly closed comeodones to mostly whiteheads. I am 31 years old and I'm sure many of you can understand how horrible it is to be my age and having obvious acne that you can't successfully cover up. I am at the end of my ability to tolerate the acne and was going to go on accutane. THe problem is that my husband and I want to start trying for children pretty soon, so he doesn't want me to go this route. I decided I would give the regimen a try before doing something that would be detrimental to wanting to start a family soon.

I started the first three days at using the bp treatment once per day (in the mornings). I follow it up with my normal lotion afterwards. I should also say that I am only treating one side of my face because I like to do this to really test a product and compare the two sides after a period of time. After the first three days, I then started using it twice per day. Yesterday was day six and I started flaking. I skipped the treatment lastnight just because I work in a professional office and didn't want to be flaking really bad here. I have to say that even only using the regiment for six days that I am completely astonished with the success. The area that I am treating has no whiteheads....NO whiteheads. The other side of my face still has multiple active whiteheads. My husband even asked me yesterday if I was wearing any makeup because my skin looked a lot better. I truly can't believe this success. I am very hopeful that it will continue to work over the long-term. I've occasionally had treatments in the past that show an awesome improvement initially, but then that fades. Let's hope this isn't the case. I will post again down the road and let everyone know how I am progressing.

I wanted to share this with everyone, particularly those that have tried almost every treatment, including other bp products. There is something here with this regiment and with Dan's products. I can't explain it, but I am very hopeful that it is a lasting effect.

MemberMember
(@isaacneedshelp)

Posted : 07/29/2013 2:50 pm

Good To know ^.^

You wat i can do for a bright complexion ? :D

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/29/2013 8:41 pm

Glad to hear you're getting good results, but I just want to make sure that you are mentally prepared for a backward step. Many people improve in the first 1-2 weeks only to suffer through a dreadful breakout (myself included). The regimen is a bit of a process and patience and perseverance is key.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. :)

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/30/2013 9:04 am

Glad to hear you're getting good results, but I just want to make sure that you are mentally prepared for a backward step. Many people improve in the first 1-2 weeks only to suffer through a dreadful breakout (myself included). The regimen is a bit of a process and patience and perseverance is key.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. smile.png

This is so accurate. The breakout will clear up, though. Just be ready for it, I wasn't and was pretty devastated. You might not even experience this, but if you do, it's just part of the process :)

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 07/30/2013 1:23 pm

Thanks. I appreciate the warning. I've never had a treatment work long-term so I am very prepared to take backward steps. I will just have to remember to not give up on it and hopefully plow through a breakout.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/30/2013 1:35 pm

Thanks. I appreciate the warning. I've never had a treatment work long-term so I am very prepared to take backward steps. I will just have to remember to not give up on it and hopefully plow through a breakout.

Totally. This is honestly the best treatment I've done so far, and like you, I've tried so many things that never got rid of the actual problem. My purge/breakout was last week, and when I compare pictures to my "before Regimen" ones, I sometimes get frustrated because everything on my face is much more raw now. When I calm down I realize that the overall texture of my skin is less congested and the breakouts I have now are so much better than before. So good luck, and expect great things to come. :)

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/30/2013 8:40 pm

Im glad you found something that works for you. I know how you feel its a big load off your shoulder.

MemberMember
(@superwater)

Posted : 07/31/2013 10:17 am

Don't you believe you're acne got started up with all the products that you used for years? Now, whenever something is working, don't turn around. However, like you said, if this regimen has no long term effects you should really look into giving your face a break from all these cleansers, moisturizers, bp, etc and just stick to water (preferably cold). Even on an extreme measure, give your face a break from water and everything completely. I did and it never could have turned out better. You will feel much more natural and you won't have to worry about forgetting to put on your daily ritual every day and night. Either way, whichever path you take I wish you goodlucktongue.png

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 07/31/2013 8:52 pm

My acne started before I ever used products. I then had a series of throat infections which required antibiotics as a teen, until I eventually had my tonsils removed. I have no doubt this played a role. Nonetheless I don't disagree with you, the frequest harsh products I used as a teenager and young adult turned my acne into acne rosacea and eventually made things worse. I have actually tried removing all products and going natural, but unlike some who have some benefit with this, I sure did not. It's been over 15 years and I have tried almost everything! This includes both harsh products as well as natural and holistic approaches. The best my skin ever has been was while on Diane 35 or Accutane. However, as I said above, these do not allow me to have children.

My skin is still doing well. I have some red spots where I'm using the Bp but they r flat and easy to cover. This is much better than the whiteheads I had five days ago. The other side of my face still has about five whiteheads so the Bp is for sure working. I am anticipating a breakout soon, but hopeful it wont be bad.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/31/2013 8:55 pm

You're showing the right attitude towards the regimen, that is, being happy for your progress but expecting a few backward steps along the way. Another thing to be mindful of is to not increase the BP too quickly as again that just sets you back more than it helps.

I'm looking forward to your progress reports :)

MemberMember
(@superwater)

Posted : 07/31/2013 9:05 pm

Glad to hear you are doing better. Whatever you do though, do not let acne control your life. The more you think about it the worse it gets :/

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 08/03/2013 4:00 pm

I am almost two weeks in and still doing well. My husband and I had an 'argument' today because I was commenting on my skin needing to get better and he was baffled, struggling to count more than three visible spots on my face. He gets fristrated with my constant focus on my skin. In hindsight, this was a rather funny discussion to have. I started using the Bp on both sides of my mouth and again very quickly I see improvements in this new area. I still haven't had a breakout on the other side so all-in-all, I am still pleased.

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 08/15/2013 9:41 pm

I am now 3 weeks in. Overall, my skin is better although I do have comeodones and some whiteheads form every few days. I will be almost clear for about one or two days, then I will have a small breakout. I'm assuming this is part of the process and with more time the small breakouts will be less frequent. I hope so anyways.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/15/2013 10:12 pm

You're exactly right, small breakouts are part of the process. They will be come more and more infrequent with the pimples themselves becoming smaller too.

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 08/26/2013 9:22 am

It's been five weeks now. Last week I had a breakout of whiteheads around the one side of my mouth. I was disappointed but reminded myself that this is common in the beginning stages of the regimen. I powered through without changing what I was doing. I'm pleased to say that the breakout is now healing. I only have a couple active pimples and they are healing and quite small. The spots r leaving mild red marks but I can live with red marks. I'm hoping the span of days without a breakout is growing, but I guess I will find out this week. I'm still pleasantly surprised by how the regimen is working.

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 09/09/2013 10:23 am

It's been another couple weeks since my last post, so I thought I would update. The news is good. Since the last breakout I mentioned, I have not had another breakout. I have gotten a pimple here and there but it isn't what I would call a breakout. A pimple will just pop up and go away within a day or two. Im very pleased with the results still. I even am at the point where I would be willing to leave my house without makeup. It's mainly just healing red spots now and they are slowly fading so I'm not too concerned. Again I encourage anyone who has suffered for as long as I have, to try dans Bp along with his instructions. It seems to work fundamentally different compared to other Bp products I have tried.