Notifications
Clear all

Rosacea From Accutane

MemberMember
(@thomas-m-2)

Posted : 07/29/2013 1:46 pm

Hi, I was on accutane for 5 weeks at 40mg a day at 80kg bodyweight. I decided to stop because of flushing and redness side effects that I was worried about becoming permanent. Its been a week since i stopped taking accutane and these side effects persist. Has anyone got any idea how long I can expect it to take for this problem to stop given my time taking and dosage? I had a minor problem with flushing/blushing before accutane and I'm very worried I might have caused permanent rosacea. Going to see my doctor in 2 weeks time but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@thomas-m-2)

Posted : 07/30/2013 10:02 am

someone please help!! seriously freaking out

MemberMember
(@kaelivia)

Posted : 07/30/2013 10:12 am

From what I've heard/read, redness of the cheeks is a common side effect of accutane. It normally goes away between one and three months after stopping a complete six/seven month course of accutane. Some people get even more redness, covering their entire face and part of their body. Not sure if this helps, but it is normal to experience redness. Hope it clears up for you soon x

MemberMember
(@jackiechan24)

Posted : 08/01/2013 12:35 pm

I had extreme flushing after a 5 month course of Accutane 10 years ago. Look into vbeam laser. 4-5 treatments of vbeam completely got rid of my redness.

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 08/01/2013 10:10 pm

Agree with poster above though some it didn't work... and also see the pinned thread in the roseca fourm accutane and mino flushing! If your still on accutane then stop and call your derm! Good luck

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 08/02/2013 5:04 am

I guess I should add you can't have laser till 6 months after accutane also

MemberMember
(@thomas-m-2)

Posted : 08/03/2013 2:34 pm

ok, last took accutane on 23rd july. will keep updated. at the moment no improvement

MemberMember
(@thomas-m-2)

Posted : 02/28/2014 10:42 am

To update - mepacrine has cured my flushing. I have my life back.