Notifications
Clear all

Differin Gel 0.1 And Benzac Wash 10% Log

MemberMember
(@toadrage)

Posted : 07/29/2013 6:08 am

Hello everyone! I'm new here but I've read several logs posted by other people and have found them to be very motivational and kind so I decided to start my own.

HISTORY

I'm a 17 year old female who has been the victim of acne since about 11 or 12. My face mainly breaks out in pimples around my hairline and chin area. I also get skin coloured bumpy comedones all over my forehead, pin sized blackheads on my nose, and something that appear to be extremely tiny whiteheads all over my chin which you can only see if I poke out the skin under my mouth with my tongue. I have some PIH on my shoulder blades and upper arms as well. From a distance, my skin looks fine but it still bugs me so I went to see a dermatologist who prescribed Differin 0.1% gel to use every night on my face and Benzac Wash 10% for my shoulder blades and upper arms to use 2-3 times per week. I'm also a rower so I'm out in direct sunlight for 2 hours a day 3 times a week. Doc said it shouldn't be a problem because of my skin tone-tan coloured. I'm worried about getting sun burn but she said sunscreen caused acne and I would be fine without it.

LOG

Day 1! I've been sort of nervous to start this after reading about the IB periods almost everyone experiences. :( Clear skin is worth it though, right? I used the Differin 0.1% Gel and Benzac 10% Wash last night. No stinging, redness, flaking, or any side effects really. My face feels a little bit tight. Not sure if I'm using enough.. I used a little less than a pea sized amount and spread it everywhere but around my eyes, upper lip, and nose. Is Differin okay to use on my nose since that is one of my problem areas? I did notice one tiny reddish comedone under my eyebrow which is probably something unrelated to Differin as I did not apply it to that area. My face feels a little bit smoother and I THINK the comedones on my forehead are less raised. Pores are still huge and chin feels smoother but looks the same.

My routine!

Morning

Spectro Gel face wash for acne prone skin

SOMETIMES spectro moisturizer if my face feels dry (not today)

During the day I wash my face with spectro gel whenever it feels oily or when I get home from being out.

Night

Spectro Gel

Differin 0.1% Gel

Benzac Wash 10% (2-3 times a week Sunday, Wednesday, Friday)