Notifications
Clear all

Trying To Find A Way To Cure This.

MemberMember
(@linsie)

Posted : 07/29/2013 12:56 am

I'm 21 still in college so i tend to stay in my room most of the time. But for the last few months (around 4-5)..my face keep breaking out, more and more acnes everyday. I have little to none knowledge about Acne, Please help and tell me what should i do and use.

Picture: Untitled_zps7b7dd2d6.png

Some information about me:

I'm Asian

My period started back when i was 13

I don't do a lot of activity under sun light.

Not using any product at the moment.

Never or rarely have any acne on my face until recently

Please give me a few tips on how to cure this. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@cameroni)

Posted : 07/29/2013 1:13 am

Well I won't bother explaining everything the acne involves if you really dont know anything about it but it basically results from overactive sebaceous glands due to hormones. Any further knowledge can be found out through this site.

Anyway your acne does not look bad, mostly just hyperpigmentation marks, and I dont see any signs from cystic/ nodular acne. There are so many ways to go about attacking the issue but lets start with the most common that tend to work. The most effective treatment I think for you would be to try birth control if you arent on it already. If that is not an option I would check out the regimen that this website sells/ recommends. I think it would work really well for your skin from what I see. Those are two good places to start.

PS: I would pop that pimple, it looks extremely ready to be drained.

MemberMember
(@joetheauteur)

Posted : 07/29/2013 2:30 am

I have some active acne and about the same as yours :c It's a burdening struggle to get something to work. I too have hyperpigmentation marks that I want to get rid of x.x I just don't know how.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/30/2013 10:59 am

DO NOT POP OR TOUCH IT!

THAT'S ONE THING YOU WOULD WANT TO KEEP IN MIND NOW OR EVEN IN FUTURE WHEN DEALING WITH ACNE.

POPPING LEADS TO SCARING AND TOUCHING LEADS TO INFECTION(FURTHER AND MORE)

this is a pustule with a big pus head.

i'd suggest a mild bha wash instead of ur regular cleanser.

what cleanser do u use?

do u have oily skin?

if u dnt mind using topicals i would say try clindamycin(!%) + nicotinamide(4%) combined gel.

it will heal and also work on PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) while healing.(mildly)

how's ur diet and lifestyle- sleep ,stress?

have u made any recent changes in your lifestyle or diet?

also,do u think its hormonal?if yes,u should treat the cause.

are ur cycles normal?