Nose Scars

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 07/28/2013 10:38 pm

Anyone with nose scars?

Hyperthrophic or raised ones?

Pitted or atrophic scars?

Any scars on the nose.

Please tell your story and the severity, what treatment are you getting, has it improved overtime, and SUCCESS stories.

Thank you! I feel nose scars are talked about less and there arent much options for nose scars since skin on the nose is VERY different.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 07/31/2013 10:33 pm

Bump.

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 08/01/2013 12:39 am

I have an ice pick scar on my nose, and I have one tca cross done, the scab just falls today. it still a little bit red, so far it seems no change. I will wait and see how it heals in the following weeks.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/02/2013 10:49 am

I have an ice pick scar on my nose, and I have one tca cross done, the scab just falls today. it still a little bit red, so far it seems no change. I will wait and see how it heals in the following weeks.

Oh please update me pls pls pls.

Cause i heard tca cross is not good on the nose. They said the skin from the nose pushes itself away from the injury leavingmthe wound open and unfortunately deeper or wider.

I do hope it goes well with you.

On what location was your icepick scar? That is a very importat factor.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 08/02/2013 5:25 pm

I've had TCA cross done once or twice on an icepick on the side of my nose. It responded the same way as all other scars on my face, so if Cross works for you in general, I don't see why it couldn't work on the nose (although yes, skin on the nose is more unpredictable and in the worst-case scenario scars turn out worse). My Cross treatments didn't help me much unfortunately (could've been the doctor/strength of TCA, or just how my skin is), so I didn't see a big difference in my nose scar. But it definitely didn't get any worse either. You could do a test spot on one scar on the nose first, and if it goes well, the rest.

Oh, I also have a hypertrophic nose scar, and I've tried silicone sheets and cortisone creams for it to no avail. I could've tried both of them longer, but I just didn't bother. They didn't seem to make a difference. You'd probably need something different like laser, cateurization, a shave excision or a steroid shot to fully get rid of them, but all those treatments seem too risky for me.

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 08/03/2013 12:14 am

Cause i heard tca cross is not good on the nose. They said the skin from the nose pushes itself away from the injury leavingmthe wound open and unfortunately deeper or wider.

It has been a week since my tca cross, honestly, it just looks like before the tca cross, or a little bit shallower. But it take few months too see the full result. eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/03/2013 12:51 am

What color is your skin? And from what origin? How much percentage of TCA did he used?

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/05/2013 10:49 am

It has been a week since my tca cross, honestly, it just looks like before the tca cross, or a little bit shallower. But it take few months too see the full result. eusa_pray.gif

Any updates?

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 08/05/2013 11:20 pm

Any updates?

yes. The scar got a moderate improvement after a week of recovery. it looks like a big pore rather than a pit now.

What color is your skin? And from what origin? How much percentage of TCA did he used?

I am an asian but with rather light skin color. I think the scar comes from acne inflammation and I use 100% tca acid.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/06/2013 9:50 pm

Hmmm.... You are one lucky lad.

Very lucky indeed.

I wonder if poking mine with a needle with improve it.

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 08/07/2013 11:41 am

Very lucky indeed.

The scar is being smaller and smaller day by day LOL.

But I still have several scars that are needed to deal with, I would consider doing needling.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/07/2013 4:17 pm

Very lucky indeed.

But I still have several scars that are needed to deal with, I would consider doing needling.

Oh yea!

I forgot one of the most important questions.

On what part of your nose is the scar anyways?

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 08/07/2013 10:12 pm

Very lucky indeed.

Oh yea!

on my nose tip

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/07/2013 11:38 pm

Very lucky indeed.

Oh yea!

on my nose tip

Btw, im asian too.

Keep updating me man

Im very happy for you! hope you get rid of those scars!

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 08/08/2013 12:54 am

x

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 08/08/2013 5:58 am

x

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 08/08/2013 8:32 am

x

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/08/2013 8:50 am

x

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 08/08/2013 11:29 am

x

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/08/2013 8:59 pm

x

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/09/2013 5:26 pm

All the scars I have are on my nose because I got rather large pustules there unfortunately. I'm left with four scars, one icepick and three boxcar/round holes. They don't seem too deep, but not shallow enough for a peel to get rid of them. They are all located on the bottom half of my nose. I was getting all optimistic hearing how all theses methods worked on people to get rid of scars but now I keep hearing that treating scars on the nose is really difficult. I'm extremely discouraged. :( Does anyone else have experience with treatments for the nose that have worked?

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 11/09/2013 9:32 pm

All the scars I have are on my nose because I got rather large pustules there unfortunately. I'm left with four scars, one icepick and three boxcar/round holes. They don't seem too deep, but not shallow enough for a peel to get rid of them. They are all located on the bottom half of my nose. I was getting all optimistic hearing how all theses methods worked on people to get rid of scars but now I keep hearing that treating scars on the nose is really difficult. I'm extremely discouraged. :( Does anyone else have experience with treatments for the nose that have worked?

There are success stories. I read some. They used single needles but you have to be extremely careful and not aggresive.

Do you have raised bumps left after acne on your nose? I got large cysts on my nose then after it went away, it left me these bumps. Theyve been here for 9 months. It's giving my nose an uneven and bumpy texture. In addition to ice pick scars.

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/09/2013 10:52 pm

All the scars I have are on my nose because I got rather large pustules there unfortunately. I'm left with four scars, one icepick and three boxcar/round holes. They don't seem too deep, but not shallow enough for a peel to get rid of them. They are all located on the bottom half of my nose. I was getting all optimistic hearing how all theses methods worked on people to get rid of scars but now I keep hearing that treating scars on the nose is really difficult. I'm extremely discouraged. sad.png Does anyone else have experience with treatments for the nose that have worked?

There are success stories. I read some. They used single needles but you have to be extremely careful and not aggresive.

Do you have raised bumps left after acne on your nose? I got large cysts on my nose then after it went away, it left me these bumps. Theyve been here for 9 months. It's giving my nose an uneven and bumpy texture. In addition to ice pick scars.

Do you mean needling? I guess I could look around to see which doctors offer that treatment for my boxcars.

I don't have any raised bumps on my nose, no. I think I might've gotten a small red raised bump right next to my nose from a really large inflamed pustule, but it's really small and doesn't bother me. I'm not sure if my pimples qualify as cystic acne, just really ugly pustules.

Are you thinking of doing something to get rid of your scars? I think raised scars are treated with steroid injections if I remember correctly.Are you trying needling?

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 11/13/2013 5:11 pm

yes i am trying needling. I just did my 2nd session.
Single needling to be exact. I will evaluate any results after 6 months.
I do my needling every 4-5 weeks, it's not aggresive. In fact, i just prick it 3- 6 times. If i see no improvement and no worsening of the scar i will increase the number of pricks.

MemberMember
(@db12)

Posted : 11/13/2013 8:40 pm

yes i am trying needling. I just did my 2nd session.

Single needling to be exact. I will evaluate any results after 6 months.

I do my needling every 4-5 weeks, it's not aggresive. In fact, i just prick it 3- 6 times. If i see no improvement and no worsening of the scar i will increase the number of pricks.

what kind of needles are you using ?