Moisturizer Help. P...

Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer Help. Plz..

MemberMember
(@ruth24)

Posted : 07/28/2013 9:04 pm

Hey guys. So im trying this 3 step bit with over the counter products before i go to the dermatokogist and before (hope wont need it afterwards) the regimen i think is dan's products. Anywho. Right now as a cleanser im using

Cetaphil gentle cleanser

BP .neutrogenas

Cetaphil. Spf 50 moisturizer

But i still need a moisturizer for the night

Im thinking neutrogeana for sensitive skin. But i notice it has cetyl alcohol. In which dan put as an avoid ingredient

Anyythoughtss?? ^^

MemberMember
(@cvd)

Posted : 07/30/2013 9:59 am

My skin is really really sensitive and everything breaks it out. My derm recommended DML lotion as being the best for sensitive acne prone skin. It is the only moisturizer that works for me. It was developed for people undergoing plastic surgery and laser treatments, etc. and is extremely gentle. It was also developed not to aggravate or cause acne. I spoke with the manufacturer regarding this. It is absorbed very quickly and takes care of any flaking caused by topical acne products. I've been amazed at how well it works for this.

I have tried all sorts of natural products and products supposedly non-comedogenic but they all clogged my pores. Sorry folks but the oil thing everyone raves about is awful for my skin. I also can't tolerate any form of sunscreen, even sunscreen that is formulated for acne skin. And the gel kind inflames my skin. So I wear hats and am careful about sun exposure...that way people did before there was chemical sunscreen.

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@ruth24)

Posted : 07/31/2013 1:34 am

Thnx Cvd. Im guessing everyone reacts diffrent to every product.

About that DML. You say your derm. Reccomended it to you so i guess i will have to wait till i go to my apointment on september.

But on the mean time. I read a few reviews about . Oil-free moisture,combination skin, from neutrogeana.

So i went and bought it. Not so happy with it since it leaves my skin very dry.(im actually wearing it right now).

I was thinking on buying. The same neutrogeana but for sensitive skin. Or adding some famous jojoba oil to the one i have now.

Or does anyone know about another. Drug store moiturizer i can use. Oil free.hypo-allergenic. For sensitive skin . Pritty much what dan. Tells us to get and avoid!?? :)

MemberMember
(@ruth24)

Posted : 08/02/2013 12:54 pm

Update.

I switch moisturizer to

Simple hydrating light moisturizer

It really worked for me. I apply it after the BP .it does give a burning sensation but it only lasts for seconds. And i really feel hydrated all day no need to reapply .Unlike neutrogena comb.skin. let me burning all night and didn't even hydrate at all.

I just order jojoba oil. I'll wait on that and hopefylly things get waaay better as other pple have said! :)

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 08/02/2013 8:16 pm

Just use cetaphil moisturizer at night, its the best for acne prone skin. I use 2 pumps day and night.